Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think of The Market Dealer?

What Do You Think of The Market Dealer?

I don’t know if I really like it. It is very useful. It can give you anything you need (almost). It can save desperate situations. It can give you materials to help your fellow coopers. But.
    Take the plane task. In 5 hours it can give me all the materials I need and when the plane comes in a minute leaves. Fantastic, but where is the fun?

I think that the dealer is too powerful. Kills the game. Destroys the amusement. I have bought it and the other teams use it, so I must use it also.

But I don't like it

I love the dealer and wouldn't even want to play without him. I use him in several ways. First, to make sure I have what I need for my next plane. Once I feel my next plane is taken care of, I use him to get mining tools and ores, more of the base products required to make other things such as glue, sugar cubes and cheese, and I actually also use him if I have a friend whose train or plane needs a product that would take a long time to make.

So, yes, I love the dealer and really would not like this game without him. If you don't, don't buy him.

Hi, I don't generally buy things from the dealer to fill my plane, unless it's something that is resource heavy and takes a long time to produce, such as Chocolate Smoothies.

90% of the time I buy ore, otherwise I use him to help stock the zoo, or I'll replenish picks when I get low.

Personally, I like sending the plane off as soon as possible, as I'm always popping and out, so I can often forget about it. I generally make enough to fill the plane and allow at least 1 crate per column for others to fill.

I'm not sure why you feel that you have to use him, because others do. We have some in our co-op who can't/don't use him. Are you in a very small co-op?

Love the dealer. 99% of the time, I buy ore. I use him for zoo items as well. Upgrading my factories are a priority for me. I never use him to fill planes or trains.

Love the dealer. Use him mostly for ore. Sometimes for zoo Hot products. Rarely need him for my planes.

WOW! How do you do it?! Don't use Raja for filling planes? My planes would sit FOREVER if Raja were not available! Especially, like mentioned, for the harder to produce, long-production time items! How can you prepare for 8 lollipops (5 hrs/ea!) if you don't have any already on hand? Maybe 8 lollipops is an unusually large amount, but you get my drift. Unless you keep them on hand, like a well prepared mayor would, (Who, Me? Yeah, right!), who can get that many lollipops before the plane gets back in 5 hours, max? And the plane would be long gone before they were all completed, unless you use T-bucks to finish them, get help from your friends/co-op, the City Market, or RAJA! I would be lost without his help! Less challenging? Maybe. But sometimes it's challenging enough just to have Raja's help enough to complete all those crates, cars, requests, .......

Long Live Raja!

The dealer is amazing!! I have lots of upgrades to make so just buy ore. Planes get filled by a combination of me, coop and neighbours with the occasional market purchase.

Hi Petjunction

At your level, I understand you do need him for your planes. At my level, it is a different thing altogether Except for crops like wheat/coen/carrots, I usually have everything in stock as soon as it shows what is needed. If I want, I can call it and send it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by PetJunction View Post
    WOW! How do you do it?! Don't use Raja for filling planes? My planes would sit FOREVER if Raja were not available! Especially, like mentioned, for the harder to produce, long-production time items! How can you prepare for 8 lollipops (5 hrs/ea!) if you don't have any already on hand? Maybe 8 lollipops is an unusually large amount, but you get my drift. Unless you keep them on hand, like a well prepared mayor would, (Who, Me? Yeah, right!), who can get that many lollipops before the plane gets back in 5 hours, max? And the plane would be long gone before they were all completed, unless you use T-bucks to finish them, get help from your friends/co-op, the City Market, or RAJA! I would be lost without his help! Less challenging? Maybe. But sometimes it's challenging enough just to have Raja's help enough to complete all those crates, cars, requests, .......

Long Live Raja!
    Hi PetJunction: My strategy is 7 of .... I keep 7 of each product in my barn. Longer producing items....I keep 8-10. Right now I have 10 books. That way, when the plane comes in and I need books....I already have enough to load the plane. In the 5 hour time slot...I remake 2 books. As soon as I help someone on a train or plane....I immediately remake that product. This strategy is why I never use the dealer for trains or planes.

The great thing about this game is we all have our own strategy. What works for me may not necessarily work for others.

Cheers!

At your level, I understand you do need him for your planes. At my level, it is a different thing altogether Except for crops like wheat/coen/carrots, I usually have everything in stock as soon as it shows what is needed. If I want, I can call it and send it right away.
    Hi PetJunction: My strategy is 7 of .... I keep 7 of each product in my barn. Longer producing items....I keep 8-10. Right now I have 10 books. That way, when the plane comes in and I need books....I already have enough to load the plane. In the 5 hour time slot...I remake 2 books. As soon as I help someone on a train or plane....I immediately remake that product. This strategy is why I never use the dealer for trains or planes.
    As Baloo would say, "I wanna be like you, I wanna walk like you, and talk like you too...." Graylady and SmallDevil, you, and the other very experienced mayors (I like calling us Mayors, instead of players; we are the leaders of our towns, right!) are why I joined this forum; to learn, be inspired, and motivated. I got my town functioning and looking the way I'm happy with, so, yes, I got a little bored with my game, but was still "addicted," so started looking for ways to continue my TS OCD. It's mayors like you that show me the way; that I can continue expanding, decorating, growing my town, make new friends, and have FUN while doing it!

Thank you from me, a humble mayor at only level 67, and all of us who read your tips, tricks, and advice on this forum for being willing to share! Whether we listen, apply, and/or appreciate your knowledge, is up to us. For me, I'm learning so much, and applying what I've learned, so when the day comes that I've grown my barn to past 1,000, I'm past level 100, I have the green space in my town I so desperately want, I will shout from those mountain tops we cannot go past, "I are a experinc'd mayor, too! Oh yeah, ah-huh!" (That's me, making fun of myself for being that OCD!)

To all you experienced MAYORS!!! - SALUTE! - Thanks for sharing your knowledge, experience, and wisdom!

Whoops! I got carried away, again......See what you do to me? Or is it my OCD???!!!!
    Last edited by PetJunction; 05-31-2017 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Correct SmallDevil name