Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair Play & Kicking Members

Fair Play & Kicking Members

I do not believe it is fair for a co-op leader to be able to remove members in the middle of a regatta. Some of us where respectfully suggesting our co-op to remove non players that haven't played in forever & don't opt out. She got upset & removed us 1-2 days left of our regatta 😣 Is this fair play?

Wow, that stinks. It's not against any rules, but I would say it's definitely unfair.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way to prevent this without also stopping leaders from kicking people for legitimate reasons.

In the meantime, I would suggest re-joining if you can, adding like-minded players as friends, and inviting them to a new co-op.

That's an awful thing to do, you are probably better off out of it. Maybe create your own co op now and send invites out to your friends. I know it doesn't make up for what your leader done but I truly believe it's the best way to go. Good luck for whatever you decide to do.

It was an awful way for your coop leader to handle the situation but learn from this...first for some reason your coop leader wants to keep the players who aren't racing in her coop, even if they do not opt out. That is her decision...it's her coop and she sets the tone. She appears to want a very relaxed style of racing. You, and some others, appear to want more. Second, all of this should have been brought to the leader's attention well before the race started. That way, if you all couldn't have come to an agreement YOU should have left for a coop that fits your racing style. Don't give up on coops - either create your own or join another, more to your racing style.
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

Sent you a pm yesterday Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Murdock View Post
    I do not believe it is fair for a co-op leader to be able to remove members in the middle of a regatta. Some of us where respectfully suggesting our co-op to remove non players that haven't played in forever & don't opt out. She got upset & removed us 1-2 days left of our regatta Is this fair play?
    I don't know the other side of the story here, so I'm going to pass on voicing an opinion about your co-op leader or yourselves. So instead I'll say how I'd handle things.

I'd never kick anyone for making a respectful suggestion. If that suggestion was very much against what I as the co-op leader viewed as the way forward, I'd be clear about it to you. And leave the choice to you to stay or go. You'd be very much welcome to stay, as long as you agreed with my way forward.

For things to go so far to get me to kick you, you'd have to be persistent about your suggestion to the point of being stubborn, rallying other members and making them feel uncomfortable, causing a lot of drama, in other word being a right royal pain in the rear end. We're way, way, outside the respectful area here. And in that area, I'd kick you midst a regatta, no respect shown, no respect given.

So without passing judgement on what happened to you, it does look to me as if you're better off in another co-op. Good luck and happy towning!
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

I dont know where to ask this question so maybe this is the best place. As a leader of my crew i get tired of people that sit on planes all week and only finish one task while the a majority of us finish 10 or more. Do all active racers win the same rewards as the rest? So it doesn't matter if they only finish 1 task or 15? Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmatey View Post
    I dont know where to ask this question so maybe this is the best place. As a leader of my crew i get tired of people that sit on planes all week and only finish one task while the a majority of us finish 10 or more. Do all active racers win the same rewards as the rest? So it doesn't matter if they only finish 1 task or 15? Curious.
    1 task is all that is required. And yes, they also get same number of rewards. This is fully explained in regatta section ( found by clicking on cog). Person doesn't seem to be a team player.
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmatey View Post
    If you are the leader of the coop, you should make the rules. Tell your members that they have to complete a certain number of tasks or opt out from regatta. If they don't follow the rules, it's your choice to kick them.

KOOP "iMACExchange" MAC OS
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Banned
    Every coop can make his own rules. Some coop love to race and some don't. Its important to let your teammembers know what kind of coop you are. If you are a racing coop and members didin't opt out and also only did a few tasks i would suggest to talk to them and if necessary remove them after the race and before the start of a new regatta.