Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please, Playrix, Keep The Dragon Logo!

Hi Albina

Sorry to be so blunt but your new logo is totally ugly. The little dragon was your signature and reflected the quality of your designer/creator/drawers. The green name on a white board do not reflect that at all. It look like a child did that. No inspiration, no creativity... I am sure you can do much better then that.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Hi Albina!

Great to hear from you – and a belated Welcome!

The new logo/lettering is fine by me. Looks fresh, new, and if that's what you wanted: great.
    What I don't understand is why it's standing alone. An univiting sight, really.

And of course, why don't you let the Dragon sit beside it as before?
    The Playrix Dragon has become a brand by now! Imo it would be a huge mistake to abandon it.

Please give us back the Dragon!

Thank you
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Albina

Sorry to be so blunt but your new logo is totally ugly. The little dragon was your signature and reflected the quality of your designer/creator/drawers. The green name on a white board do not reflect that at all. It look like a child did that. No inspiration, no creativity... I am sure you can do much better then that.
    Lol, Graylady!

Didn't dare to be that blunt
    Last edited by Cathy Purr; 05-29-2017 at 02:30 AM.
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Greetings Albina and others: "Branding" for any company (gaming or otherwise) is a very important and is not taken lightly at the upper levels of a company. I don't know why the Dragon logo was chosen in the beginning (did it relate to one of your games, was it a subtle mission statement), but it became the widely recognizable symbol of all your games. The decision to make a change in that "Branding" will always be fraught with some criticism as people are pretty averse to change.

The new logo attempt is very stark and almost too simplistic - completely devoid of the artistry and talent represented in your games (as Graylady pointed out). I hope the decision makers will go back to the drawing board and come up with something a little more artistic. Thanks for hearing me out and good luck, as it seems new branding is definitely on the company agenda.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Albina

Lol, I can't help but agree.

Well, I'm very disappointed if this is the new look. The new logo is completely representative of the recent update, bland & uninspiring. The dragon on the other hand is an iconic symbol that immediately identifies Playrix and represents fun!

The dragon brings a smile to my face daily, the new logo screen has the complete opposite effect. Please bring back the dragon!
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

It is totally beyond me why Playrix would give up their dragon. It's against every marketing knowledge IF it was considered successful and positive, which it certainly was.
    So, now they claim they want our opinion? After introducing this new lettering and hoping no-one would notice?
    well, hoping it will help, I'll gladly repeat:

Please, bring the dragon back!

and then keep him... reminds me of that other nuisance of changing existing deco w/o asking in advance...

ETA: I also liked the other logo-lettering better with the dragon as R (see pic 1 and 2, bottom right).
    Here a few memories, in case you lost the pics:

Happy Holidays from Playrix!.jpgHappyHolidays2010.jpgholidays greetings.jpg

but "at least" the dragon itself, please!

Playrix.jpg

Wow, DD!

Thank you so much for sharing Dragon memories!
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Preface this with saying I love the little dragon as much as the next guy....

But.....

Playrix has put out some fun games lately. I'm wondering what they are planning for the NBT (next big thing). The little dragon is cute and says something about the flavor of their games, brightly colored, wonderfully animated, artistic in a fantasy / fun way.

But what if the NBT is a more intense game, like a first person shooter, or a sports themed game. Would they lose some potential customers because their logo was "less than serious" or that it looks like a "kid's game company".

I'm not sure what the new logo says about the company, but what does the logo for Square Enix or EA Sports say other than their name and being readily recognizable? Maybe that's what they're going for. Maybe we'll find out one day

My pleasure, Cathy!

And Charlie... with all due respect, no need to come to their rescue, even before they have said or explained ANYthing.
    This sounds like giving up in advance. Albina claimed they want to know our opinion, (dis)likes. I hope it's true and ... well, just repeating

bring the dragon back, pls!
    playrix-ico.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-30-2017 at 08:27 PM. Reason: and Charlie, I doubt you love the next guy ;Þ

Township100
    I also agree about the opening screen. I want the old one back. The new one is just so generic and plain.