Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory Filling

Factory Filling

I'm on level 66 and still can't figure out if it's better to fill your factories full of one item (assuming of course that you have all needed supplies), or choose to make different items, especially the bakery, dairy, and sugar factories. These factories produce almost everything needed for the other factories, so how do you decide what and how much to produce? I'm continually battling to find the balance. And of course, throw in the demands of trains, planes, helping, etc. How does a helpful mayor decide? Please, need some guidance!
    Township level: 73
    Zoo level: 14
    Town name: Pet Junction
    Co-op Tag: #HE7YZP
    Coop Name: Hearts Haven
    IOS: Android

According to the barn capacity and the Experience from planes and Trains I try to have a Special set available all the time, for example

10 bread
    6 potato bread
    5 Pizza
    6 Cream
    6 cheese
    5 Butter
    5 Joghurt

Sugar and syrup I try to have as much as possible, 20 of them is very ok when I have the Space.

Edit: Darn Smartphone 😅
    Last edited by Landwüst; 05-24-2017 at 03:07 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Level 180 - Barn size 6.060
    Helpings / Sharings: 57.589 / 35.158
    Helicopter orders > 3.000 coins: 81

Zoo completed, be surprised

Coop: Hollandse Nieuwe II
    Code #HUPYQK
    Town / Players name: Holland / Micha

Try to keep the things that are fairly quick to make such as bread, cream and sugar cubes in stock as much as you can. Then the things that take a bit more time but are still necessary for other items such as cookies, syrup and cheese.

Try to use ingots to upgrade first, the feed factories then your bread, sugar and dairy factories as the length of time to make items lessens as you upgrade.

Leave items that take longer for hours when you are not playing.

Oh, but most will say to only worry about upgrading trains and they are right, too. But I actually worked on trains, feed factories, trains, dairy, trains, bread, trains, sugar. You get my meaning, lol! I did not have the patience to not upgrade those four factories until after upgrading my trains completely. It still ended up working out fine in the long run.
    Last edited by Peggy77; 05-23-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

Thank you Landwüst and Peggy77 for your input.

If I'm understanding correctly, as far as answering my question: to fill or not to fill? -maintain a certain inventory of the most used products - bread, sugar cubes, and cream - filling my factory with only those items until I have my required stock, then just choose items randomly to produce according to amount of time I'll be away from the game, which is basically when I'm sleeping. 😚🤓

I'm finally following the advice found throughout this Forum about updating trains and factories, the trains especially an eye-opener to me. Never thought about how important it is to get the trains back as fast as possible, but that advice makes perfect sense!

Thanks again for both of your advice(s?). That will definitely help in choosing whether "to fill or not to fill." (Wish I'd thought of that as the title! 😁)

Peggy77,
    I've done pretty much the same thing you did as far as upgrading, except I think I concentrated on upgrading my bread, sugar, and dairy factories before all the others. Now, much wiser after digesting so much helpful advice from all the experienced Mayors in this Forum, my trains are getting first priority, then my feed mills! If only I'd thought of all these suggestions when I first started, or joined the Forum MUCH sooner! Cè la viè! But I've learned, and I'm gonna be an experience mayor, too!

I keep 5 -10 (depending on current barn space) of every item that is required to make another item (cheese, butter, sugar, chocolate, bread, etc.). Then I always have 1 of every single factory item sitting on the shelves of each factory just waiting to go.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    City Building Project: Computer Store
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015

PetJunction, you made me smile. I'm glad you feel better and yes, there is a lot of good advice on this site. I am sure that, over time, you will get a feel for what you need to keep stocked. Just remember, there really isn't a WRONG way to play this game. Over time, we all work our way up levels.

Oh, and try to hang on to coins. You can go crazy buying decorations after the last factory, house and community buildings is completed and the coins start piling up.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

Ah, Peggy 77, a girl after my own heart! Speak decorations, and I'm all ears! Coins/T-cash are being used only for what's necessary to level up; my town is decorated enough for me now. Can't wait to get all the land available to really "go to town - ship, that is, decorating!"

Bethany, thank you for the tips on what to keep as inventory, and how to have at least one item of everything produced. Excellent suggestion!

Ideally, I try to alternate the items I load up for production in the factories, and produce high demand items or out of stock items first then gradually work the others in. And I try NOT to load up all the slots full, unless I'm going to be away for awhile, because I don't want to get stuck waiting for several hours worth of stuff to finish before I can make something else. But in reality, it gets pretty random and chaotic at times. And when my barn gets full, I end up going around to all my factories, just trying to unload whatever I can into those production slots. I just try to alternate the items as much as possible.

When it comes to the dairy and sugar factories I do try to keep the production slots full at all times. I might start off with all cream or sugar just to get caught up because those move pretty fast. I usually grow 6 sugar fields, at a time so I might start with 6 sugar cubes. Or I might do 2 sugars, 1 syrup, 2 sugars, 1 syrup. If a caramel right away I might do 2 sugars, 1 syrup, 1 caramel. I follow similar patterns in the dairy, alternating cream and cheese, then working in some butter, then yogurts.

The bakery is a little different because it has more variety but I basically follow the same pattern. I try to stock up on lots of plain bread before I start putting in items with longer production times. Then I will start alternating bread with cookies and bagels, then start adding in the other items. I do the same in the fast food place - if I have enough strawberries - I will make a big batch of milkshakes before starting the other items. Then I start alternating the others in.

Other than that, in general, I will make whatever is out of stock first, or whatever is needed to fill the plane or train. Then follow up behind that with whatever I only have 1-2 of in stock, then whatever I already have 3 of and so on. Then whatever I use up, I try to go ahead and make more of as soon as possible to replace what I used.

But like I said, in reality things go haywire. The game is designed to constantly catch us off guard and keep us guessing. If you run out of something, the next train will probably want 3. I just try not to load up my factories to the point where I would be waiting hours just to make 1 out of stock item.