Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Common Issue: Forum Time Out & Moderated Posts

Common Issue: Forum Time Out & Moderated Posts

... without a clue, why!?

Right now I couldn't post a reply to some thread. Has happened before, I get a note that it has to be approved of first.
    Which then never happens, of course.
    With this new forum design I wasn't able to log in at all anymore for quite some time. And now this ... once again.
    So is this the right time to be a bit annoyed ... once again?
    Last edited by Cathy Purr; 05-22-2017 at 03:24 AM.
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Hi Cathy, I always get thrown out of the forum, usually when I log back in, I can stay quite a while, but not always. Normally, it happens when the forum decides that I've taken too long to type a post lol. Posts needing approval I've only had when using a link, but this has only happened to me on a couple of occasions. You should be able to edit the post which will then bypass the need for approval.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

I've had some issues myself posting. Recently I will get an error too saying that it needs to be approved when trying to post co-op ads. I'm not sure if it's because of how big they are or what but it's quite annoying as mine too don't get approved. Only way to get it to post is to go back and attempt to post it at a different time. Not sure why the forum is doing this...?

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Hi Cathy, I always get thrown out of the forum, usually when I log back in, I can stay quite a while, but not always. Normally, it happens when the forum decides that I've taken too long to type a post lol. Posts needing approval I've only had when using a link, but this has only happened to me on a couple of occasions. You should be able to edit the post which will then bypass the need for approval.
    Hi Pink,

getting thrown out (as in not logged in anymore) is common to me. But getting the message that my posts need approval to this day is nothing else that trying to post on this thread is not possible anymore, period. No link involved, editing doesn't help either.
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Croson View Post
    I've had some issues myself posting. Recently I will get an error too saying that it needs to be approved when trying to post co-op ads. I'm not sure if it's because of how big they are or what but it's quite annoying as mine too don't get approved. Only way to get it to post is to go back and attempt to post it at a different time. Not sure why the forum is doing this...?
    Hi Alex,

this seems to be one of the common issues. Indeed when you include an external link you might run into problems. This is, I believe, a policy to keep clear from spam and such.

Better luck with the next posts (for both of us!)
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Hi all,

if you get this message, you can always contact Amoria or me by pm and ask to approve the post. When we started the job as mods, there were so many unapproved posts, that it would be a fulltime job to catch up. I already have one fulltime job and prefer to stay with that one, but will always be glad to help if I can.

KOOP "iMACExchange" MAC OS
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Getting kicked out/logged out/timed out is a forum mechanism there to protect your account. It usually means that you've taken a bit too long with something and it wants you to verify that it's still you (say, you opened the forum at the library and forgot to log out mid-post--another person wouldn't be able to then post as you).

The moderator approval lock usually comes on when a post features a lot of colors or font size differences or links or HTML/BB codes. The more complicated a post the more the forum wants to double check that it's not spam. The best way to avoid the lock is to post something like "editing 1...2...3" and then edit in all of the original text (as Pink said).

And just to reiterate what Thomas said, the moderated post queue (where we can see all of them at once) is currently blocked. There's just too many in there for it to load because there was an extensive gap between moderators. We're working with the Playrix admin to clear the entire queue, so that we can act more quickly.

Right now, we're stuck going through threads one by one. I try my best to keep an eye out (especially on the co-op ad threads) but the icons that let us know a post is moderated are very small.

If your post hasn't shown up within a day or so, you can always contact either of us by PM. Submitting multiple posts of things that have already fallen into the queue honestly just creates more work.
    Last edited by Amoria; 05-22-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Just to reiterate what Thomas said, the moderated post queue (where we can see all of them at once) is currently blocked. There's just too many in there for it to load
    Do I understand that correctly that (a) you (Mods) aren't notified of new content in that "container",
    and (b ) you can't even check reliably yourself (f.e. by new dates), because the posts or listings don't load / can't be displayed?

Because if so, then there's no need to wait 24 - 48 hours, after (the posting user) getting that system message.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Do I understand that correctly that (a) you (Mods) aren't notified of new content in that "container",
    and (b ) you can't even check reliably yourself (f.e. by new dates), because the posts or listings don't load / can't be displayed?

Because if so, then there's no need to wait 24 - 48 hours, after (the posting user) getting that system message.
    There's no like big alert anywhere. The container is a separate page entirely that we can choose to access (but currently cannot because of overload). So, there's no way to approve posts en masse at the moment.

Threads do have little icons next to them that let us know when posts have been deleted or edited or moderated, etc. But using that method means we have go through them one by one, which can be very time-consuming.

And sorry, I don't quite understand the last portion of your question.
    Last edited by Amoria; 05-22-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

I meant, if it is best and expected to notify one of the Mods through PM, I can just as well send my plea for checking for my unposted post right after getting the system message that my post went into the approval queue.

And for that I asked for confirmation that I understood your posts correctly.