Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Community Buildings Coming?

New Community Buildings Coming?

Noticed on Township Facebook that Playrix is asking for ideas for new community buildings. Is this in our future? Assuming the normal process of CB's leading to increase fields, I would appreciate the increase of fields but really don't want to deal with saving up building materials again. Seems like a step backwards to me.
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

It looks to be something they're considering.

I haven't completed my CBs yet and the idea of more seems daunting to me as well, but I think I'd make the sacrifice for more fields. I'm not sure how they could revamp that system to be less tedious (aside from making fields purchase-able, but that might interfere with game economics too much).

Hopefully the newer CBs are animated and useful enough (in designing areas of our town) to make it worth our while.
    Last edited by Amoria; 05-21-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

I have cpmpleted them all but new community buildings mean new population and new houses mean new fields. Would be nice

I do not want anymore community buildings. When I started playing, my goal was to complete all buildings (houses, factories and community) then to get everything upgraded, then to build the zoo. I am still working on the upgrading part and have not started the zoo yet.

I really, really do not want more community buildings.
    Last edited by Peggy77; 05-23-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

New community buildings also means more expansions and this is something I raised awhile ago. The current population limit of 17,845 is more than ample for building the factories, but with each expansion requiring 80 population we are fast approaching that limit. There also seems to be some discrepancy in the number of expansions we have, so some may well reach that limit far sooner than others.

We have new decorations released with each update, usually in addition to the event décor. With no more land, we would then be constantly juggling our decorations, having to put items in storage so that we can have somewhere to put something new, and we would also start having to change any water we may have, into land. That would be a step backwards.

Township has to keep developing, especially with the number of players who have been playing the game for 2-3 years or more.

Anyone far from completing the expansions would have no need to buy the cbs, unless they wanted the fields. One building releasing 1 or 2 fields is not worth it to me, but it may be worth it to others.

I don't have the max population in either of my towns and therefore, don't have the max fields either, but, I would welcome more cbs and houses, even if only to gives us more of a choice.

In addition, I'd also like more choice of housing and less of the orange! lol
    Last edited by Pink; 05-22-2017 at 04:37 AM.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Pink...I understand your point. I'm in a different position than you. I have all my community buildings, fields and houses ( by the way, one needs to buy all available houses to max out population so in the end there is no choice) and sold all building materials. So my thoughts are with expanding and decorating not building. I never connected population level to expansions. I see it's there in the requirements to purchase expansions, but I guess I've always had enough and I have a long way to go to max out lol. But I can see where those in the upper levels are wondering how they'll be able to expand when they hit the cap. Absolutely something must be done. I just wish Playrix would come up with a different way...say a phase 2 where population, fields and expansions are earned differently than phase 1. Entering phase 2 would have certain criteria...maybe over level 100, all community buildings completed, max population reached and a certain number of expansions. I don't know I'm just throwing ideas out there. I just know that when I completed that last community building and house, I felt like I graduated. Introducing new CB's makes me feel like I'm being sent back a grade. Oh, and for me with my OCD, choosing not to build a CB that's available is not an option lol!
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

Asking a question is anticipating the answer. So yeah, this looks like it could be a hint to possibly more new community buildings somewhere in the future.

So... what would your suggestion be? I'd like to see:

Another "fair ground"/"theme park" kind of thing. We already have a few, but they theme together so nicely. Wouldn't mind more for sure!

A café with sunny terrace. 4x4 layout, <50% building, terrace "transparent" so it adopts the pavement you've applied. No, make that a whole series of these, and give them names: "Chez Ernie", "Saw and Hoe", "Ye Olde Township Bar", "Townbucks", you get the drift.

A recycling centre. Figure you'd need that at lvl 100 by now! Think of our planet!

And a solar energy plant. This is a no-brainer, because the Sun always shines in Township!

Some other high-risers. Again because it's great to have buildings in a theme.

Some other shops. Because in our Township, people don't buy from Amazon now do they? Oh, and it's a theme.

A drone flying area. An oil terminal. These would fit in the "airport" theme.

A harbour warehouse. A fish market. For the "harbour" theme.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

Some really nice ideas Vuurvl! It's definitely worth attaching them as a comment to the Township Facebook post if you have an account. I'm not sure they're going to be reviewing ideas here at the same time.

Found an old thread of my suggestions:

• Different Office Buildings (Office Building #2, Office Building #3, etc.)
    • Senior Center/Retirement Home
    • Computer/Electronics Store
    • Real Estate Office
    • Food Truck(s)
    • Video Game Store/Arcade
    • Health Food Store
    • Pharmacy
    • Garden Center (tools/garden deco rather than flowers)
    • Pub/Bar/Local Watering Hole
    • Gift Shop
    • Doctor's/Dentist's Office
    • Shopping Mall (bigger than the Shopping Centre or perhaps a redesign of it)
    • Community Park (fountain or statue in the middle with four walkways meeting in the center)
    • Bed & Breakfast
    • Antique Store/Bazaar

Bethany's ideas of a Nightclub, Ballet/Dance Studio, Bookshop, & Crafts Store are also interesting.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Cove View Post
    Pink...I understand your point. I'm in a different position than you. I have all my community buildings, fields and houses ( by the way, one needs to buy all available houses to max out population so in the end there is no choice) and sold all building materials. So my thoughts are with expanding and decorating not building. I never connected population level to expansions. I see it's there in the requirements to purchase expansions, but I guess I've always had enough and I have a long way to go to max out lol. But I can see where those in the upper levels are wondering how they'll be able to expand when they hit the cap. Absolutely something must be done. I just wish Playrix would come up with a different way...say a phase 2 where population, fields and expansions are earned differently than phase 1. Entering phase 2 would have certain criteria...maybe over level 100, all community buildings completed, max population reached and a certain number of expansions. I don't know I'm just throwing ideas out there. I just know that when I completed that last community building and house, I felt like I graduated. Introducing new CB's makes me feel like I'm being sent back a grade. Oh, and for me with my OCD, choosing not to build a CB that's available is not an option lol!
    I feel exactly the same as you and in pretty much the exact same position. And yes, I know we do not have to buy the community building, but knowing it's sitting there waiting to be built will drive me nuts, lol!
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

I would love to have an interactive community building. A mall or antique shop, with all old decorations for sale or so many for sale, rotated with updates or something!!