Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zoos With Excellent Design

Zoos With Excellent Design

Thought it might be nice to have a thread centered on zoos -- as a companion to "Towns With Excellent Design."

Do you have a particular zoo you admire? Are there a couple zoos where it's obvious a lot of thought has been put into them? Do you return to a few zoos again and again to see how they've incorporated new zoo decorations? Well then, show off your friends' zoos or your own zoo here!

Be sure to state the relevant platform (iOS/Android/Kindle or Windows or MAC) and the co-op tag so members can easily locate them. If you're unsure of another player's platform, take note of what platform you're on as you wouldn't be able to see them without that compatibility.

Screenshots are more than welcome.

--

My zoo is more of a storage center than anything else at the moment. Please don't look at it lmao (I'm serious).

My current favorites among my friends are:

Town Name: Far Niente Bay
    Platform: iOS/Android/Kindle
    Co-op Tag: #SG7RY7 (aka Sogno Mare)

I really like how they incorporated the florist house and set up the water landscaping around the plaza/main sitting area. It's one of those zoos where if you slowly scroll though you're like OH! that's neat....buT WaIT! that's alSO cool...a lot of time/thought/effort went into it.

z1.jpg

--

Town Name: RYAN'S HOPE
    Co-op Tag: #SSYJYK (aka SOS: SAILING ON SOLO)

I really like how they went for a cohesive theme overall - with gerberas flowers, floating lanterns, and the deck floor pattern scattered throughout. It gives them a bit more freedom to not always split up of enclosures by ground type (grass/sand/dirt/snow).

z2.jpg

--

Town Name: Beth
    Co-op Tag: #SHUNUR (aka Shutting The Barn Door!)

I really like how they've surrounded most of their enclosures with individual fences. It makes everything neat and easy to spot. They also created a central pond in the middle that's decorated with all of the animal sculptures.

z3.jpg

--

So -- three very different ways to design! Hope they're useful in terms of inspiration.
    Last edited by Amoria; 07-30-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Level 44 Zoo!

Please come visit! It's such a shame to spend this much time building a showcase with no tourists! #KSMCP3 Kasallee

hi Kasallee,
    for those of us who have added their 50 ingame friends and don't do Facebook, you can make visiting your town possible by adding your Coop tag # (and your town name). It's the only way then. :-)

edit: sorry, I thought I had seen your "number remark" w/o the hashtag before. So that IS your coop tag (make it clearer perhaps, for a slowie like me? friend codes look similar) and I found your Coop and town and zoo.

wow, that is one colourful zoo! except for the ice area, of course, all very fitting together.
    and so far already, only two animals not there yet.

Like Nana below, I wanted to mention the Sphinx, lol, funny idea! And the other "transported" deco, from events, like the Poseidon statue (doesn't sound like it, but it IS fitting there! lol) B-)
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-30-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Actually I just discovered this thread <g>
    Here's the post from a player, Nariman

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post692116

whose zoo, esp. path arrangements, I found pretty good. :-)

ETA: updated info:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post694279

Quote of original post:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post692445
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-06-2017 at 05:43 AM. Reason: original link not working anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kasallee View Post
    Please come visit! It's such a shame to spend this much time building a showcase with no tourists! #KSMCP3 Kasallee
    Hi Kasallee. Love your Zoo. I especially like the Sphinx in the desert area near the Camels. Very clever! I might steal that idea one day! LOL
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Hi Kasallee. Love your Zoo. I especially like the Sphinx in the desert area near the Camels. Very clever! I might steal that idea one day! LOL
    Tyvm! Yes by all means use any of my ideas and get inspired.

For the better experience, zoom in and follow the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    hi Kasallee,
    for those of us who have added their 50 ingame friends and don't do Facebook, you can make visiting your town possible by adding your Coop tag # (and your town name). It's the only way then. :-)

edit: sorry, I thought I had seen your "number remark" w/o the hashtag before. So that IS your coop tag (make it clearer perhaps, for a slowie like me? friend codes look similar) and I found your Coop and town and zoo.

wow, that is one colourful zoo! except for the ice area, of course, all very fitting together.
    and so far already, only two animals not there yet.

Like Nana below, I wanted to mention the Sphinx, lol, funny idea! And the other "transported" deco, from events, like the Poseidon statue (doesn't sound like it, but it IS fitting there! lol) B-)

Ty! My co-op tag is #KSMCP3 and my town name is Kasallee. Two other members of my coop also have very nice zoos, Chrissyville and Scoochville, worth looking at. Chrissy did great taking ideas from my zoo and creating her own style. Scooch is more whimsical and Alice in Wonderland.

My zoo is level 44

Co-op tag : #QUEFPP
    First town : Gray

Welcome to any visitors
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Hello Amoria. I hadn't seen this thread until today - out of curiosity re: Kasallee's post. Thank you for the kind comments.

My Zoo (including decor) is still very much a work in progress. Our local Zoo has an adjunct Kiddie Land and I am also trying to incorporate that feature in my own Zoo. My very favorite Zoo is in San Diego - Balboa Park, which also includes a beautiful Botanical garden. I have requested, numerous times, a Botanical Garden sign for the Zoo - but, alas, no response from developers. So, I just keep planting flowers and trees and hope for some newer tropical plants in the future - along with a SIGN!!!! Right now, a gaudy red Peacock topiary is serving (weakly) the purpose - LOL.
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasallee View Post
    That's a nice zoo Kasallee. Mostly natural with just the right tinges of fantasy.
    Well done!
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.