Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time in the Forum - Hi

First Time in the Forum - Hi

Hey Guys,

I'm sorta new to Township - I'm at level 35 but still feel pretty new. I am at least new to this forum and given I'm loving the game, found the forum online so thought I should join in case I could help eventually and to ask some of those nagging questions.

Look forward to Town Talking with you soon,
    Cheers, Josh

P.s I already have about 5 questions I want to ask but I'll go slow

A warm welcome both to to the game and the forums!

Feel free to shoot out those 5 questions straight away. We're all happy to provide help.

Also, be sure to visit the suggestions in my signature as a lot of useful information is contained there.

Thanks for the warm welcome Amoria. I look forward to talking to you again (probably when you give me help).

I'll head to the general area and have a shot at a question or 2. I will try to not make them too silly as I try and learn the best I can first.

Cheers and best wishes.

How Do People Move Their Town About To Fit With Growth

Hey Guys,

I realise and think I understand the edit tool, but I wonder how other people go about moving roads, decorations, buildings etc when their town is growing. I know about the temporary storage but I find it hard to completely move a large area of the town somewhere else (even just back 2 spaces).

Thought it might be worth asking the question if there were any suggestions or tips.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by Amoria; 05-17-2017 at 12:45 PM. Reason: just going to merge these threads to make things simpler/have your introductory questions answered in one place :)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshJ View Post
    but I find it hard to completely move a large area of the town somewhere else (even just back 2 spaces).

Thought it might be worth asking the question if there were any suggestions or tips.

Hi Josh,

and welcome to the forum

Yes, it is hard, and quite cumbersome -- which is why we have a thread in the Wish list subforum *** every few days from someone asking for a "select All" or "hide all" or "move all" button or the like, to move bigger parts of one's town. So far, no reaction from the Devs (but that's normal; changes are surprises anyway) that I've seen.
    Don't recall any specific tipps from players here (except the ever present patience? lol), but maybe it comes now.

*** BTW, I'd recommend to check out some threads there (Wish list) for your questions as well as the "New to..." subforum, and the stickies

Happy gaming, in any case.

p.s., to Amoria: I'd find it better arranged w/o merging, with titles fitting to the question asked. Esp. if there are more than one. Just sayin'.

Hi Josh

Moving stuff in our town can be quite cumbersome indeed but here is my take on that project.

When moving stuff, there are 2 areas : 1- where the stuff you want to move is and 2- where you want to put that stuff.

My first step, is to clear all the roads from both areas.
    Second step, is to put ALL the decorations from both areas in storage (not the temporary one but the regular).
    Third step, is to squeeze together every buildings left in the new area or put them in temporary storage.
    Fourth step is to move the buildings in this new area. The temporary storage is perfect to take them all in one go.
    When my buildings are placed to my satisfaction I then add the roads and decorations.

I always work with small areas. I prefer to do many small projects then one big. it is easier to manage and you are sure you will have time to finish one section before going to the next one.

Have fun !

Hi DD and Ms Lady,

Thanks kindly for the tips, I'll be sure to work away on some of the new things I am learning. I am a bit like you Ms Lady, I do small bits at a time but it can get tiring after a while . I'll also be sure to check out the Wish List and some of the other forum postings DD. Having only signed up last night I'm still wading my way through the countless threads (and learning heaps already).

Even if you could move a 'row' or a 'column' of say fields would be a good first step to help with the redesign process?

Thanks and happy Towning,
    Cheers, J

Quote Originally Posted by JoshJ View Post
    Even if you could move a 'row' or a 'column' of say fields would be a good first step to help with the redesign process?

Thanks and happy Towning,
    Cheers, J
    Ohhhhh the fields!!! LOL Every time I move mine I hope it will be the last time I do it. I agree with you it would be nice to move rows, columns or blocks.

my pleasure :-) oh and don't overlook the Wiki link in Amoria's signature - great work there, also for searching later. Happy Towning!

Hey Josh, you are clever joining this forum at level 35. I'm level 62 and only joined here last week but I have learned so much and these people have been so helpful and friendly. What I have learned about the coops and regattas has changed the way I play. They answer all sorts of questions and what I have found is that you will get different opinions cos we all play the game differently and have different priorities and nothing is wrong just different. I thought I was going a bit mad the amount of time I was thinking about this game but now I know I'm not alone. Enjoy yourself and welcome.