Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expansion Tips??

Wow, overwhelmed that anyone would be interested in replying to my simple question. It's so wonderful how everyone is playing differently yet getting so much enjoyment from such a simple game. Whilst my 3 sons kill wizards, elfs and dinosaurs and can be heard shouting and swearing at people my town brings me a peaceful escape. Been playing since Christmas, on the verge of hitting level 62 when I can get my flower shop (space already waiting on my street of shops) Now that I know there are so many people out there who are spending the same sort of time and mental energy on their towns I dont feel so guilty. This forum is great. Thank you all.x

Quote Originally Posted by happylady1965 View Post
    Hi everyone, this is the first time I've posted, only joined the forum yesterday. Firstly thanks for all the great tips, made me enjoy Township even more. My question is are there any good practises I can implement regarding expanding my town? Seems every time I manage to get bigger I also manage to fill the space immediately. Any tips appreciated.
    What I've found is that upgrading your trains so they return faster (this uses metal ingots you make in the smelter from metal ore you find in the mine) will increase your flow of land expansion tools. So you can expand your land much faster.

I've found that at 3 trains, each 50% faster return, it's possible for me to be able to expand so much, I have huge areas of empty land. At that point the gold coin price starts to kick in, and I've found myself stopping expanding and actually selling spades, saws, etc. just to free up the barn.

So that would be my tip: speed up your trains if you want to expand your land faster.

Thanks. Got that tip now and am upgrading trains. X

Change land to water

Hi everyone, this is the first time I've posted, only joined the forum yesterday. Firstly thanks for all the great tips, made me enjoy Township even more. My question is are there any good practises I can implement regarding expanding my town? Seems every time I manage to get bigger I also manage to fill the space immediately. Any tips appreciated.

Got that tip now and am upgrading trains. X
    If you have plenty of coins to spend for additional land lot and a Very Large Barn, you can expand your train to 50% faster, that is, upgrade each train to level 21. You don't need to upgrade your train to level 31, unless you need those xp to level up faster. (I'm not sure about the cost of land expansion at this moment.)

At level 65 (for example, I misread your level, sorry), land expansion cost increases when you get more land, and if you max your population to 11075 with every CB and housing built, you can expand to #189 lot (don't remember the cost for lot 189). And you have to wait for the next CB and housing to be built at level 66 before you can expand 7 additional land lots. But they all cost a lot of coins.

For example, suppose you have already expanded 189 lots at level 65 (that is, you have 11075 residents in your town), and you level up to 66, you will need $75500 for music venue (CB), and housing for additional 570 residents ($19000 for 380 residents, and $9500 for 190 residents), and maybe $20,000 for each additional land lot. That is, $104,000 + $$ for land expansion. If each land cost you $20,000, you will need $244,000 for you to max your land at this level, that is, you will get 196 land-lot developed in your town.

When you are waiting to level up and expand your land, your 3 faster train delivery would cause you "barn space problem" and the problem of "what to sell next?"

I've learned my lessons gradually and painfully .................. It was a learning by doing process........

I expanded my train gradually (now at level 17, 15, 17, that is, 40%, 35%, 40% faster) and found out I don't need 50% faster to get land or barn tools needed, and the CB material would piled up faster than any other expansion tools, and my barn would be blown up (full) faster than I could manage.

So better plan your barn management strategy before you upgrade and expand, for example, what's your max # for each type of materials to be stored in your barn at any stage of your game?

I learned that I need only 40-60 for each CB tools before leveling up (more or less, depending on my town/zoo/basket needs), and sell the extra to make room for barn expansion tools (I seldom sell barn tools though). I didn't bypass my zoo enclosure/shop/shop basket upgrade at all.

Then you have to save, earn or buy enough coins for CB, housing and land before you could start your next land expansion!

Good luck!
    Last edited by hchl; 03-02-2018 at 12:37 PM.

I use to struggle with town expansion at earlier levels. Now it seems manageable.

One thing I did was not to expand into rivers but on either side of it. I would have anyway built roads or bridges on top of the river. And I stuff a lot of decorations into zoo space.

Save up tools, go slow.