Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Tips??

Expansion Tips??

Hi everyone, this is the first time I've posted, only joined the forum yesterday. Firstly thanks for all the great tips, made me enjoy Township even more. My question is are there any good practises I can implement regarding expanding my town? Seems every time I manage to get bigger I also manage to fill the space immediately. Any tips appreciated.

Lol...that's how it works for everyone. First realize there is no wrong or right way to play this game, you'll come to discover you own way of playing. That being said, I would caution you not to expand too fast. Expand as you need the space. For example, you level up....now you need to purchase the next available community building (by the way, only work on 1 community building at a time). So work towards purchasing an expansion and at the same time saving up tools for your community building. Next step are the homes to increase population and the expansion to put them on. The the same with the field that comes along with that. Now the factory and expansion. Try not to waste land on decorations or water...all that will come later.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to curb my world domination plans and slow down.

Banned
    I have one tip for you as soon you have the money keep buying more land.
    Last edited by Jan de Vries; 05-15-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks for the tip, I'm trying but like in my real life my income doesnt always match my desired expenditure. Want more space but also have at least 3 factories waiting for me to buy....want more space but those gorgeous pink cherry blossom trees are so pretty....really need to explore that fishy island.....goes on and on. Such turmoil, never got involved in any game before but so obsessed now its a joke.

Banned
    You must set priorities. Factories, community buildings and houses go for.

yes, that's the idea, happylady, what you discovered. Just enjoy it

And another hint from a casual gamer: seeing that the factories will wait, let them. The game will take 'forever', so no sense in or need for doing only serious things and NOW and level up fast as main goal (IMO) - I found and find it very enjoyable also to have decorations to play with! I also had a time where I concentrated on my barn, then the expansions.
    Just remember the one CB at a time, the rest is (game procedure and) personal taste.

If you run out of space you can always change the water back to land and build on that.

I think it gets easier as you level up, I struggled with space when I started out but now it's not a problem for me.

LOL, the only part of Laurel Cove's post that I agree with is...'there is no wrong or right way to play this game' everything else she said in her post is the exact opposite to the way I've played in both of mine. That really is the beauty of this game.

I chose expansions nearly every time over building up. I chose which buildings I wanted and when. That way, when I levelled up, I often had the choice of 2 or 3 community buildings, factories and houses. When I was ready to build, I usually chose the building that would give me the largest population and then I would build the largest houses I could, to give me enough population to get me through the next round of expansions.

As I wanted my towns (and barn) to breathe, and not have everything squashed together, I chose to buy cheap trees and flowers at first and then swap them over for the more expensive items much later on. I built factories only once I started to get regular orders for certain items. Playing this way meant that I had no problem developing the zoo from level 40, as I could either build in the zoo or in the town or simply upgrade the zoo shops and continue selling building materials as they came. In my level 100 game, I still have 6 community buildings waiting to be purchased.

Not buying factories as soon as they unlocked, enabled me to continue upgrading other factories as I wanted. I also chose to open Frutus Isle at first, only finally purchasing the other 3, long after the last island became available.

If you have access to plenty of market boxes and/or the dealer, then you don't have to focus on buying all the factories. This also cuts down the number of items you need to produce again helping with barn space. I have found that constantly selling building materials allows the trains to bring in more of the materials I do want.

Hi everyone! Great topic and discussion ideas! I totally agree with what Pink has suggested, but I've been playing more like _DD_ described. Oh, those BEAUTIFUL decorations! After I started going to other, more advanced level towns, I began noticing how much greenery they had in their towns, and the way expansion can be directed in several different ways. It's really wonderful to see how some have chosen to design their towns through the use of the expansion tool. I'm at level 66, and am now making the choice to expand first, grow and build, second. It's gonna be hard, so very, very, HARD because I love all the pretties! Ah, but the greenery, the greenery, the greenery.........and it is a slow process. So good luck choosing, happylady1965. Either way is slow and easy....but the greenery.....