Thread: Profile picture

Profile picture

Why is it I am forced to use one of Playrix generic profile pics? I had one of my own dog and when I was forced to play game on a different iPad (old one died) I was able to get back the game but no feature for personal pics. I am not on Facebook. I want the ability to personalize my profile pic. Why are we being restricted? To whom do I complain to get it changed?

Help please can someone just tell me how I can upload my own profile pic!

I am by no means an official spokesperson, so what I say might be incorrect. I, too, am not on Facebook, nor do I want to be. I use an iPad, and Game Center now has minimal support, so no personal pictures that way. Only fellow Game Center users could ever see a Game Center image anyway.

The cartoon images are easily uploaded to everyone's games with the full game any time we start to play. If everyone could upload their own picture/image, all the thousands of independent images would need to be uploaded to your game in case you ever visited one of those players, and your image would need to be uploaded to every other player. The data density would overwhelm any system. If you have chosen a "canned" image, your ID is simply coded to match one of the uploaded images, or the generic image.

That's the explanation, more or less, I was given when I inquired.
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    I am by no means an official spokesperson, so what I say might be incorrect. I, too, am not on Facebook, nor do I want to be. I use an iPad, and Game Center now has minimal support, so no personal pictures that way. Only fellow Game Center users could ever see a Game Center image anyway.

The cartoon images are easily uploaded to everyone's games with the full game any time we start to play. If everyone could upload their own picture/image, all the thousands of independent images would need to be uploaded to your game in case you ever visited one of those players, and your image would need to be uploaded to every other player. The data density would overwhelm any system. If you have chosen a "canned" image, your ID is simply coded to match one of the uploaded images, or the generic image.

That's the explanation, more or less, I was given when I inquired.
    Oh! Ok. Thank you so much for your helpful answer.

You're right on the money, One-Eye.

It's also that it would be very difficult to ensure that player-uploaded pictures were work-safe. Facebook has some general restrictions as to what your picture can be and filters things a lot faster outside of the game.
    Last edited by Amoria; 05-13-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.