Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New players joining coop.

We've had the same this week. A new player come in,doesn't say boo even though afew of us have prompted her-or him- to speak. Asked for help though. Her time is limited. I think we all have these experiences.

Thank you! Feel a lot better since getting it all off my chest lol! Your all great thank you! Anyone else wanting a moan about rubbish players please use this thread and I will listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaihikatea View Post
    We've had the same this week. A new player come in,doesn't say boo even though afew of us have prompted her-or him- to speak. Asked for help though. Her time is limited. I think we all have these experiences.
    I have seen that in my co-op too. Now, when a new member comes in and ask for help even before saying hello, I just mention on the chat that I will not help them unless they talk to me. Very often, they will just leave LOL

Thanks for the info. I did leave immediately long before the regatta started so hopefully that didnt mess anything up. Us newbies must annoy the hell out of long time players.

Thanks for that, feel like I understand a lot more after reading all this on here. If only I'd joined the forum before blundering in. We live and learn. Cheers.
    Last edited by Amoria; 05-17-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by happylady1965 View Post
    I'm so glad you are talking about this, perhaps you can put me straight as I dont want to offend anyone. I'm fairly new, level 60. I decided to leave my coop as only 5 out of the 20 were racing and felt like getting a bit more competitive. I found a coop that said they do one week hardcore racing and everyone expected to do all 15 tasks. I introduced myself, said I'd never done 15 before but would try my best and leave if I couldnt manage it. One member said as I couldnt do 15 I should opt out. I replied that I didnt say I couldnt, I just never have before and surely anything I can manage would help the team but perhaps I should just leave anyway. The reply was seeing as I was so argumentative I should just leave.I was horrified! Just wanted a chance to try and my questions were so I could understand. I have been managing to do the 11 tasks my league required w ith a couple of days to spare so thought there was a good chance I would complete them all. What did I do wrong? Quite sensitive so being told I was argumentative really upset me when I was just trying to join a 'friendly' competitive coop. Did I make some huge township faux pas? Please advise me.x
    Hi Happylady you seem to be a honest and genuine person and as explained by GamingGirl very competitive coops and those looking to climb the leaderboard cant afford to take in players who are doubtful of finishing all the tasks. You need to look out for coops that requires a minimum of 1000 pts from each player or the one which requires its players to do tasks anywhere between 8 to 10. It will help you to test yourself and can decide to choose a coop accordingly. And dont worry about blunder many of us have made more mistakes than this and as you said we live and learn.
    Last edited by hermit; 05-17-2017 at 03:55 PM.

It is not only the newbies even an experienced and old player can sometimes do that to a team for reasons known only to them.