Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Moderator Bulletin Board - Township Edition!

Hi all,

Just a notice that I'm going to be taking a break for a little while.

The last few months I've received some feedback that suggested I was showing favoritism, encouraging a clique-like atmosphere on the forum, and so forth. I'm not sure what I did exactly to come across cross that way, but please know it was never my intention. I'm only able to be on for a few minutes or so everyday, so I've likely been missing out on the subtext.

In so doing, I seem to have profoundly failed to make this a positive space for everyone. For that, I deeply apologize.

I think it's best that I step back a bit, while also getting a better handle on the chaos that always is my real life.

Will miss chatting with all of you in the interim.

Take care,

Vee

Amoria, those statements are just not true! I am so sorry that people would even say those things! Take your break, enjoy real life and come back!

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Hi all,

The last few months I've received some feedback that suggested I was showing favoritism, encouraging a clique-like atmosphere on the forum, and so forth. I'm not sure what I did exactly to come across cross that way, but please know it was never my intention. I'm only able to be on for a few minutes or so everyday, so I've likely been missing out on the subtext.

In so doing, I seem to have profoundly failed to make this a positive space for everyone. For that, I deeply apologize.

I think it's best that I step back a bit, while also getting a better handle on the chaos that always is my real life.

Take care,

Vee

Oh, good lord!

Amoria, nooooo!!

... You did ... WHAT!?? ...

Not getting this.
    But I'm really crushed now.

But wishing you all the best while you're off.
    (Please come back!! ... No pressure )

I can certainly understand your needing a break from moderating. It's hard work and a lot of people don't realize just how much work and time is involved. I've moderated on several forums and there are always negative people. I'm sorry that you seem to have gotten more than your fair share. For me, you have made these forums a positive and enjoyable place. Good luck and I'll see you around, Amoria.

Dear Amoria - you are an absolute sweetheart. Your work and support for all of us on the Forum has been amazing. I haven't seen anything on the Forum which has been negative.... but you feel that, so that's valid.

Take a well deserved break m'dear - but please DO come back. You are a respected, loved and valued Mod.

I'm an 'old timer'. A while ago I received some congratulatory T-cash for playing 950 days in a row, in the game. I've played longer than that, but the number of posts you see here don't reflect it (when the Forum crashed, I didn't ask for my post numbers to be reinstated).

So when I say this - please trust I'm writing from experience. When I've needed advice, your enthusiasm and knowledge have inspired this "old-timer". Thank you!

Hi all,

Take care,

Vee
    Amoria, I am so sorry! You have been nothing but kind, sweet, and supportive here. You have not failed in making this place a positive place for everyone. It's sad, it really is. As the day went on yesterday, I became sadder myself, because it just did not have to turn out like that, that wasn't your fault... I think it is always a surprise to us folks with big hearts, because we care so deeply about others, that it crushes us when we come to a realization that most do not feel the same way about us that we felt about them. I know in my case, seems like I will never learn. Love and appreciate you always, Kim

No.
    You neither failed on anything nor you ever did anything else than to be one of the most sensitive, reasonable and helpful moderators this forum ever had. Sad to see you being treated that way, you do not deserve this.
    Shame on those who caused these feelings, for NO reason, the forum will not be the same without you!

Hi all,

You have nothing to apologies for Amoria. Please don't let a spiteful poster devalue your contribution. Those of us who have been on the forum for many years have seem these nasty vitriolic people come and go. Let them have their 15 minutes of fame but please do not think they are representative of the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    First Firenze is driven out, then me, now Amoria too. With various others feeling unwelcome and roundly stung as collateral damage in the ‘friendly’ fire.
    I noticed that you seemed to have almost stopped posting, Bess, but I missed how it happened. So sorry...
    Amoria, please come back soon, hope the time away helps.
    I miss you all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    First Firenze is driven out, then me, now Amoria too. With various others feeling unwelcome and roundly stung as collateral damage in the ‘friendly’ fire. Kudos, ladies and gents.. that’s one successful campaign! Thanks to all those who expressed support, but I have somewhere less warlike to be.
    I'm not sure what has been going on here as I haven't found the beginning of this thread (although I have been looking), but Bessville you were one of the very first people to come to my aid as a newcomer and subsequent interaction with you has been nothing but positive. I am sure that I speak for more than just myself when I say that it was always a pleasure to read your posts and your helpful, friendly and light hearted nature shone through in all of them. I do hope you might reconsider your decision to remove yourself from this, and perhaps other, forums as there are many of us who truly value your input. Please don't let the negativity of a minority overule the positivity of so many others. Take a break by all means but please do come back at some juncture. Missing you already