Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Bulletin Board - Township Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Hi guys,

Just a heads up that both Thomas (thommmes) and Rachel (Firenze) have resigned as moderators.

I might also have to resign at some point as it's difficult for one person to manage/grad school is getting exceedingly busy for me. I'll do my best to stick around for as long as I can (hopefully at least until a new set of moderators are chosen and I've helped teach them the tools).

<3
    that's sad news. I also noticed that Honor has a Senior Member status now, not a moderator anymore either?
    Can't imagine how it's like to deal with all the moderating by yourself.. Good luck and take care!

such sad news... and such a high burnout rate indeed. I hope that Firenze (and Honor) will post as members again, as Thomas promised to do.
    Be careful with yourself, Amoria, yes. Mod-role is stressful enough on its own, and here you have a lot more to deal with.

Hi guys,

Just a heads up that both Thomas (thommmes) and Rachel (Firenze) have resigned as moderators.

I might also have to resign at some point as it's difficult for one person to manage/grad school is getting exceedingly busy for me. I'll do my best to stick around for as long as I can (hopefully at least until a new set of moderators are chosen and I've helped teach them the tools).

<3
    Thanks for letting us know Amoria. Volunteer work, though at times rewarding, can be absolutely exhausting. We are so sorry to see Rachel and Thomas go. Do what you feel like you need to do, but please don't feel like you have to push to stay, I would hate to see it taking a toll on your health or school. We have appreciated all you guys have done for us. One of the reasons it is ALWAYS important to tell people how we feel about them when they are loved, appreciated, missed, etc., especially to our volunteers, as we would never want them to feel taken for granted, or the work they do going unnoticed. Thanks again guys, Kim

It’s really an awful shame. I imagine that without Moderators this forum would cease to function quite rapidly. I wonder whether Playrix might feel a change in how they are supported is in order..?

Amoria so sorry! I echo the sentiments expressed by others - take care of yourself first. You've done so much for the Forum - thank you - and again thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    It’s really an awful shame. I imagine that without Moderators this forum would cease to function quite rapidly. I wonder whether Playrix might feel a change in how they are supported is in order..?
    I'm afraid you are overly optimistic there, just in your last sentence - I'd think that both Thomas and Firenze let their opinion and suggestions know(n). Not even mentioning that Amoria mentioned some attempts and problems she addressed, too. And if Playrix didn't react to that, I doubt they will have grand ideas now on their own...
    or realize things suddenly they have been told (as suggestion) before. After they let this good working team fall apart.
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-14-2018 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added a sentence about a sentence

Hi guys,

<3
    I hope that Playrix will realise that better support for moderators is essential to the smooth running of this forum.

Hi guys,

<3
    Hi Amoria,

It's easy to understand how much time and energy this
    assignment is demanding, so a big

Thank you so much!

To all you moderators is in order.
    This is so highly appreciated!

Now that Thomas will be back (thank you! ), I dare to hope you might be staying too, Amoria.

Another change to the forum that may or may not be helpful...

Mods; when spam gets reported, do you see a flagged post on the forum, or do you get a new message/notification every time a post gets reported?

If it's the former, then no worries.
    If it's the latter, this may help.

Is there a way we could get the report button to indicate when a post has been reported? I see it as black at the moment, it'd be good if it could change to red, or have some other indicator that someone's already reported it.

For an offensive/whatever post, multiple people could still report, which would highlight there's a problem. I for one, if I saw a spam post had already been reported, wouldn't worry reporting it again, cause I'd know it's been done and the mods were already away.

I appreciate it's not the mods that would implement this, and trying to get it done is a minor thing in the bigger picture... just wondered if it might help.

Hi Nevada

I do not find any indication that your idea can be done in vBulletin.