Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Bulletin Board - Township Edition!

Lightbulb Moderator Bulletin Board - Township Edition!

Hello all!

Thought it might be helpful to have a place detailing the changes moderators make to Township's forum. Most will relate to sticky creation/organization and moved/merged threads of particular importance. When it comes to something big like a new sub-forum (which we cannot do without admin's help), a much more formal announcement will be made to notify everyone.

You can also feel free to ask any forum-related questions here. But be sure to look through the Forums Guide before you do. It's been updated to clarify how to find a post/thread that's been merged/moved and what it means when a post/thread has been moderated. I'm also considering merging older threads with forum-related questions into this sticky...hmm.

Feedback is always welcome. However, please remember that no discussion is allowed relating to disciplinary actions moderators/admin take (closing forum threads, deleting forum posts/threads/toxic forumers’ accounts, etc.). These are never done lightly; you can be sure they are based on legitimate reasoning. We're here to be helpers, not dictators.

Boo...I feel like I soured the mood of this post with all that (lmao). Let's rewind.

Not only will this make you aware of changes/updates quickly, you'll also be able to help other members more efficiently. There might have a new sticky you can link to rather than typing out the same reply you have 100x. Handy, right?

Happy Midweek!

Vee

P.S. - This is a great place to post when a moderator's inbox gets full! We try to be vigilant but can often get overwhelmed.
    Last edited by Amoria; 11-08-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

May 11th, 2017:

One of my main goals as a moderator was to go through each sub-forum and reorganize the stickies for greater clarity.

I think I've finally...achieved that? Yay!

I just wanted to reach out, especially to long-time forum members, and ask if there is any information missing that you think should be there or anything else you think should be a sticky in a particular sub-forum, etc. I want to make sure everything is as accessible and correct as possible.

Moreover, I'd love your insight on forum organization overall. Do you think there are too many sub-forums? Too few? Have suggestions for new ones (ex: one just for friend requests or co-op ads)? Of course, only Playrix Admin have the ability to add or subtract sub-forums, but I'm happy to refer your recommendations along.

As for me, I'm moving onto the task of going through all the posts in every sub-forum (since the start) and making sure everything is in the correct sub-forum (given there was an extended period of time with no moderator). Work never ends for a perfectionist like me.

Happy Midweek!
    Vee
    Last edited by Amoria; 09-17-2017 at 07:35 PM. Reason: changed formatting
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Loving the reorganization!
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

Amoria: Kudos to you for attempting this major project.

I do have one big request, since I am slaving away on the Zoo. The following link needs to be a sticky close to the Zoo wiki. Please, please. I refer to it frequently and it's getting lost in the sub-forum thread: https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...rials-level-26

Please consider this request and thank you.

Smooches!
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Amoria - ditto what Nana said "Kudos" for doing this! And I like your ideas re having a "Looking for friends" and "Co-op discussions and advertising" sub forums.

Nana - I went to the sub forum Zoo Discussions, typed Zoo materials in the search bar, and found Brendan's Wiki link which lists the enclosure, animal, etc requirements. Is this what you meant?
    Sandy aka truck taz
    Level 184
    Co-op: Merry Musketeers
    At max of in-game friends but pending works well ;-)

Banned
    Well done it looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Amoria: Kudos to you for attempting this major project.

I do have one big request, since I am slaving away on the Zoo. The following link needs to be a sticky close to the Zoo wiki. Please, please. I refer to it frequently and it's getting lost in the sub-forum thread: https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...rials-level-26

Please consider this request and thank you.

Smooches!
    Sure thing!

I double-checked that Township Wiki (linked in the Zoo Guide sticky) has the most updated information (for 26+), but I know it can be a bit of a hassle to go and click through all of those links. I've re-stuck your requested thread.

Thank you Amoria. I use the Zoo wiki for gem counts needed for animals and the other link (created by Dan) for a quick count of enclosure materials.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Hi Amoria,

so well done, thank you!

As suggestion for forum organization I would like to support the idea here lately with the extra sub-forum for Coop ads (and maybe Player-ads, as they are communicating in their threads anyway).

And I'd like to ask for some help with the forum itself: In a thread I have three Display options: linear, hybrid, threaded.
    I noticed it, because some folks obviously use one of the other options than I (I use linear, just read newest), and when they don't quote the post they're replying to (esp. when it's an older one), some replies often don't seem to make sense (cos no obvious context). Then I don't know how to decide to which "mode" I'd have to switch to find out where the reply belongs.

So, is there help for this? an easy to read description that tells me about the (dis)advantage of one or the other option, and what mixture is "hybrid" anyway? I'd love a "description for dummies" (language is always a problem, too) or a link to a description by vBulletin would be OK, too, if it's not too technical. Any chance?
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-11-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Amoria,

Thank you for taking this on and doing it.
    That was a nice piece of work.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.