Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Bulletin Board - Township Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Hey guys,

I'll be on a semi-break from today until next Friday (the 15th).

Hurricane Irma is headed my way and my grad school orientation is starting next week (if I can make it to London, lol sigh). I'm also honestly feeling...very overwhelmed managing the forum. I'm close to burning out and need some time away to reset.

I'll still do my best to pop up when I can on my phone to keep threads organized. Replying to threads and answering PMs will be put on hold (except, of course, for those with issues I'm already trying to resolve).

If you're dealing with a pressing issue (one where you can't wait for Customer Support's response), feel free to reach out to Albina (Admin/Playrix Staff) or Thomas (Moderator/Fellow Township Player) for help.

<3
    Hi Amoria. You are doing an absolutely fantastic job. It is good to take some time away, but I am sorry for the problems you are facing. Stay safe and good luck with your exams!!

Amoria -don't worry about the Forum or the game. These problems will be here forever. Please take care of yourself first.
    Sandy aka truck taz
    Level 188
    Co-op: Merry Musketeers
    At max of in-game friends but pending works well ;-)

September 17th, 2017:

Happy to announce that Wish List's thread display default has been modified by admin to "Last Post Time."

It used to be "Thread Start Time" which meant that if you responded to older threads they wouldn't appear on the first page.

A small thing but it always really annoyed me (lol)! Hope it makes things easier for all of you to follow too.
    Last edited by Amoria; 09-17-2017 at 07:41 PM. Reason: changeed formatting
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Sounds good; thanks Amoria! It's your look for such things, that make this forum better readable :-)

(and why only in Wishlist? <g> )

These were the defaults before editing:

• Township News (Thread Start Time)
    • New to Township? (Last Post Time)
    • Discussions (Last Post Time)
    • Wish List (Thread Start Time)
    • Co-ops and Regatta Discussions (Last Post Time)
    • Township Troubles & Solutions (Last Post Time)
    • Zoo Discussions (Last Post Time)
    • Contests (Thread Start Time)
    • Lounge (Last Post Time)

Township News & Contests maintain "Thread Start Time" as only admin post there.
    It helps keep their (largely chronological) information organized.

All other sub-forums (aside from Wish List) were already set on "Last Post Time."
    Last edited by Amoria; 09-17-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

LOL, different ones! hm, must have been forgotten from a former tidy-up-action. :-)
    thanks for the explanation!

Hey guys, I really did not think it was necessary to start a "new thread" for this question, but please let me know if I should have. I have searched everywhere for the "rules" on starting a new group (i.e. from our Profile page, I clicked on "groups" a couple of weeks ago, so I have been looking at other groups). I have done advanced searches, etc. (and probably "operator error"), but nothing comes up on specific guildlines for starting a "new group." I would think they would be the same as Forum rules? I was thinking about/considering starting a support group for us "chronically ill" players, but not sure if that is allowed, where we can share our struggles and love of Township. So any "direction" on this is much appreciated. Thanks.

NEW: Thanks Amoria . After I read your post below, I went ahead and set it up. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 10-27-2017 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Added Thanks
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Hey guys, I really did not think it was necessary to start a "new thread" for this question, but please let me know if I should have. I have searched everywhere for the "rules" on starting a new group (i.e. from our Profile page, I clicked on "groups" a couple of weeks ago, so I have been looking at other groups). I have done advanced searches, etc. (and probably "operator error"), but nothing comes up on specific guildlines for starting a "new group." I would think they would be the same as Forum rules? I was thinking about/considering starting a support group for us "chronically ill" players, but not sure if that is allowed, where we can share our struggles and love of Township. So any "direction" on this is much appreciated. Thanks.
    That's totally fine, Kim!

Groups are open for members to create as many and about any (as long as semi-work-safe) topics they like.

I think a bonding place for chronically-ill players is a wonderful idea.
    Last edited by Amoria; 10-27-2017 at 07:52 PM.

November 6, 2017

Hey ho, don’t I feel fancy posting updates.

Ahem.

Introducing: READ ME GUIDES FOR SUB-FORUMS

These threads are basically directories for their respective sub-forums; they are full of information about common issues, frequently asked questions, most popular discussions, Playrix help articles, Township Wiki articles, and player-created resources. Stickies for these sub-forums have been reviewed and some reduced as they are linked in the READ ME posts.

This was a rather immense project but it was made so much easier by other players and forum members who have organized and contributed so much information, especially Amoria’s previous work on stickies and forum organization. So THANK YOU all!

Hopefully this will help us direct one another to frequently referenced information more easily. If you notice other threads or topics that a particular READ ME thread should have, please private message a moderator.

Looking forward to hearing whether or not you find this change to be helpful! Your feedback is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Firenze; 11-07-2017 at 04:11 AM.
    Town: Firenze, iOS (KN74NX), Level 90
    Co-op Leader: Aphrodite's Piers (#PHY68K)

Everything looks great (and super informative!). Glad to have you on board, Firenze.