Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Bulletin Board - Township Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    BTW, I assume Rachel is Firenze? sorry, is it necessary to give her real name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Rachel is indeed Firenze. She has used both names on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Is that so. I hadn't seen it and it's not in her signature, so it's at least confusing.
    :-* Bess

Hey DD, Thanks for lookin' out. I'm not too private about my first name; I rarely use it in the forums as it's easier to be known by one moniker ("Firenze") but often in private messages I use my first name to be a little more human.

Back to Amoria's post -- Amoria, I'm glad you wrote this as I had a similar experience with Facebook and with feedback in general. I think we're here doing our best to bring some cohesion of thought and discussion; it's tedious enough without feeling harassed about those decisions or about our inability to deal with game troubles/complaints. That's why I've been quieter in recent days, trying to figure out how to compartmentalize. I do try to remember the lovely individuals who keep this place going with their knowledge and enthusiasm and those who come here frustrated or confused looking for help. <3 For love of the game... or rather, our friends in it.

Hey guys,

I was just thinking... I know in the front post Amoria said it's a bit of a pain to set up a sub, but it would be nice to have a "show-off" section. Threads could include "pirate season", "fairytale season", "Wild West season", "art season", "music season", and like, "favourite area" or something.

Within these people could post when they get the new season decorations, either just to show how that decoration looks for real, or to show how they've made a whole "display area" (like a whole little "Wild West" area of town).
    Or just, how they've made a nice little park area with the greenhouse and flowers and trees and stuff, or a funfair with the rides and donut shop, or whatever.

The "realistic town" thread could be moved into this sub as well, then all the "decoration" discussions would be all in one place, much easier to find, and I feel like this is a conversation that comes up a lot and would benefit from having its own dedicated space.

Thank you guys for all the hard work you put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Within these people could post when they get the new season decorations, either just to show how that decoration looks for real, or to show how they've made a whole "display area" (like a whole little "Wild West" area of town).
    Or just, how they've made a nice little park area with the greenhouse and flowers and trees and stuff, or a funfair with the rides and donut shop, or whatever.

The "realistic town" thread could be moved into this sub as well, then all the "decoration" discussions would be all in one place, much easier to find, and I feel like this is a conversation that comes up a lot and would benefit from having its own dedicated space.

I like your idea very much (hope it's possible to do). I know that many towns have a dedicated area, when you arrive, either for a theme or for the new deco items to display (or both, depends). It would be great to have (at least some of) them here in one area.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Hey guys,

I was just thinking... I know in the front post Amoria said it's a bit of a pain to set up a sub, but it would be nice to have a "show-off" section. Threads could include "pirate season", "fairytale season", "Wild West season", "art season", "music season", and like, "favourite area" or something.

Nevada, I am in too. Great idea. I always like to "see" the deco's before purchase to check size, etc. Like this (doing distinct Sub Forums) we will be able to go to one place. Vote "yes" for me

Just a note here. Amoria cannot open a new sub section. Only admins have the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Just a note here. Amoria cannot open a new sub section. Only admins have the power.
    Oh my stars, I just noticed I have hit Gold, now I am going to have to start working? Or either there has been a mistake? I am having a "dingy" day today so did I miss something? Is everyone PM'ing behind my back (lol) , so many questions, I think I will go take another Advil and another nap, maybe I am just dreaming , I will check back in later.

NEW: Well the banner's still here so...

IMG_1800.jpg
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 01-13-2018 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Added New

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Oh my stars, I just noticed I have hit Gold, now I am going to have to start working? Or either there has been a mistake? I am having a "dingy" day today so did I miss something? Is everyone PM'ing behind my back (lol) , so many questions, I think I will go take another Advil and another nap, maybe I am just dreaming , I will check back in later.

NEW: Well the banner's still here so...

IMG_1800.jpg
    Congratulations, sweetness!!! Now people will be treating you like staff

Could be good or bad....welcome to the "Green" Gold Member Club!!

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Congratulations, sweetness!!! Now people will be treating you like staff

Could be good or bad....welcome to the "Green" Gold Member Club!!
    Thanks Score, if they do, I am going to send them over to you . My line will be, "oh, so sorry, I am still in training" (lol)

Hi guys,

Just a heads up that both Thomas (thommmes) and Rachel (Firenze) have resigned as moderators.

I might also have to resign at some point as it's difficult for one person to manage/grad school is getting exceedingly busy for me. I'll do my best to stick around for as long as I can (hopefully at least until a new set of moderators are chosen and I've helped teach them the tools).

<3
    Last edited by Amoria; 01-14-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Sorry to hear this Amoria. The Moderator burnout rate gets more frequent. My best advice is look after yourself first - you have a very full plate.