Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Moderator Bulletin Board - Township Edition!

Amoria...you are a fantastic moderator! I think its awful if you have received negative comments, you certainly don't deserve it. Please take a break, put your feet up and come back to us with all your infectious positivity restored!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 167

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    First Firenze is driven out, then me, now Amoria too. With various others feeling unwelcome and roundly stung as collateral damage in the ‘friendly’ fire. Kudos, ladies and gents.. that’s one successful campaign! Thanks to all those who expressed support, but I have somewhere less warlike to be.
    Bessville......I always look forward to reading your posts....i am shocked and saddened that you feel driven out. Please reconsider, if it is just one or two people making disparaging comments, please remember they are the minority, and probably just get a kick out of causing hurt to others. Dont let them win!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 167

The problem is...if all the nice helpful people allow the arrogant nasty people to drive them off...there will eventually be no nice welcoming people left.

And that would be a shame...
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 116
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty - International Regatta Community
    Forum Member: December 2015

I have received so much wonderful help from so many people on this forum it makes me so sad to hear that negative comments are driving people away. I understand that it is a huge job to moderate a forum as large and active as this one. I do hope that Amoria will be back .
    Please don't let a few rotten people spoil this. We have enough negativity in the real world we certainly don't need any in our make believe world.💕💕
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    The last few months I've received some feedback that suggested I was showing favoritism, encouraging a clique-like atmosphere on the forum, and so forth. I'm not sure what I did exactly to come across cross that way, but please know it was never my intention. I'm only able to be on for a few minutes or so everyday, so I've likely been missing out on the subtext.

In so doing, I seem to have profoundly failed to make this a positive space for everyone. For that, I deeply apologize.
    Flabbergasted. Absolutely, truly flabbergasted. I do not know of another word that properly fits the discouraging emptiness that the above has created.

And beyond that, I am truly disturbed that anyone would make such a claim against you. I have found you to be one of the most level-headed and still caring individuals on here. I do hope that your absence will be a short one.

If Township wants to continue to be a place where people can turn to get the answers they need without prejudice, we need to have quality people on this forum. This is quite disheartening.

Starting to make me wonder why I bother....
    Last edited by Will9455Nikki; 02-06-2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Removing quote due to post deletion
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Hi all,

Just a notice that I'm going to be taking a break for a little while.

The last few months I've received some feedback that suggested I was showing favoritism, encouraging a clique-like atmosphere on the forum, and so forth. I'm not sure what I did exactly to come across cross that way, but please know it was never my intention. I'm only able to be on for a few minutes or so everyday, so I've likely been missing out on the subtext.

In so doing, I seem to have profoundly failed to make this a positive space for everyone. For that, I deeply apologize.

I think it's best that I step back a bit, while also getting a better handle on the chaos that always is my real life.

Will miss chatting with all of you in the interim.

Take care,

Vee
    I have been playing this game for awhile and though I don’t post often on this forum because of time constraints or the questions are already answered by another member already and I don’t feel the need to put in my two cents usually but this post warrants it.
    I find it appalling that people can be so unkind to people who volunteer their time to try and make the Forum a happy, organized and less confusing place to come. The Forum is only as successful as it’s moderators and members. To have negativity and accusations making moderators and members no longer wanting to be here is everyone’s loss. Vee, Firenze and others have put in a lot of time and hard work as volunteers and for people to harass them through their pms and Facebook accounts is deplorable. Vee’s post as always is professional and pragmatic, when she probably wanted to be anything but that, which shows the class that she has unlike the bullies that hide behind their Forum and Facebook accounts to criticize and condemn.
    Shame on you, and you know who you are!!

Thank you for your kind responses. <3

It's likely IRL stress combining with forum stress and making me feel a bit off-center.

I still think it's best to kind of drop into the background for a while.

I logged on today as we have multiple events happening and I know those threads will need organizing (so everyone can easily access information). I'll do that for now (without posting myself).
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Wonderful to see you Amoria. Miss you too (Vee).
    Level 164
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Wanted to apologize for being a bit absent of late (and not answering PMs as quickly). Had (and have) several papers due the last few weeks and this upcoming week.

Special thanks to Emma for holding down the fort even as she's traveling. <3 I'm also super excited by how much Anna has helped revitalize discussion and tutorials.

--

Went through and cleared up the first few pages of each sub-forum as well as the co-op ad threads.

Hopefully that'll carry us through until I can check in more frequently! Miss you all.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Miss you too, Amoria - look forward to your return.
    Level 164
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)