Thread: The Reasons We Play

The Reasons We Play

Just curious to find out if I'm the only one who play this games who have chronic pain? Started playing after an injury, hard to pull away.

Hi Empathy Warrior and welcome to the Forum.

I think there are many Township players who had something going on with their body and that
    played a part in starting them with this game.

If I remember correctly cdosr and Sweetness are two of these.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    I think there are many Township players who had something going on with their body and that
    played a part in starting them with this game.

If I remember correctly cdosr and Sweetness are two of these.
    Yup, you remember correctly (at least about me). I found the game during convalescence and physical therapy 3 years ago and have played every day since. It's addictive
    Last edited by cdosr; 04-24-2018 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Dang auto correct picks strange words

Hi Empathy Warrior, welcome! I too am a fully paid up member of the “something going on with their body” crew, lol. For me, Township gives a nice structure to my week if I’m racing and some good not-necessarily-entirely-clean social fun, much as a casual job might, but all without leaving home. I’ve seen various coops that effectively act as support groups for various ailments/conditions etc, so I know there’s a lot of us out there.

I play because it’s a great stress reliever. I enjoy seeing the crops grow, making good, digging in the mine, watching my townies. Etc. I love tinkering around and designing and redesigning my town.

I also enjoy interacting with my co op but I do wish they were more chatty.

I suffer with chronic pain. I cant remember a time in my life when i did not hurt. Redirecting my attention... tends to help a bit. I cannot be a passenger in a car, i hurt too bad, but driving, I'm focused on driving, even though i hurt, i an not fully thinking about pain. Online games help, reading ...something to redirect your focus on the pain. I read historical romance..(.kathryn leveque, right now..).something that is easy to read, requires no real thought, but redirects the focus, a bit, from the pain.