Thread: Train wants products I can't make

HarvestLuna

Train wants products w/ ingredients I can't make

So, today the train asked for honey marshmallows even though I haven't built the bees yet. Thankfully I could buy honeycomb, but I still thought it was frustrating. I haven't built the bees yet because I wanted to control the variety of products the train needs. This has happened with the plane but not the train before. Anyone else have this experience?
    Last edited by HarvestLuna; 11-06-2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Kindle submitted post before I was done

Hi HarvestLuna: I had to chuckle when you said you didn't build the apiary because you wanted to "control the variety of products the train needs." Looks like the game is just ignoring your "control."

Now, to answer your question, no I haven't had this happen to me, maybe because I have all the farms and factories.

HarvestLuna
    Haha. It's telling me to build that apiary already... and the pig farm. I'll say, since the new update shrank the factory previews I just might. It makes it so much easier to click on the different buildings (and crops) now that I won't mind having more. Not to mention I have plenty of space with all the new expansions!

W0lfwoman
    I think it asks for a few items past what you can make. I have 10 factories and stopped there and no bees or pigs. I am at level 40 but not in a rush to open the zoo either. Have been offered honeycomb in the market so I stock it and use it to make recipes or sell. I guess you would have to count on Rajah the market seller to buy it from or hope to get it from friends.

I see things in other people's trains that they need that I have never been asked for so I think it must limit how far ahead it asks.

KCraig
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestLuna View Post
    Haha. It's telling me to build that apiary already... and the pig farm. I'll say, since the new update shrank the factory previews I just might. It makes it so much easier to click on the different buildings (and crops) now that I won't mind having more. Not to mention I have plenty of space with all the new expansions!
    I'm so glad they shrank the bubbles above the factories! It makes it a lot easier to see things now!

Ali Land
    I think my intended strategy is much like Luna harvest.

Initially, I whizzed through levels and bought everything I could - as soon as I could - until my port opened, that's not actually useful right now. I decided to slow right down through the 30 levels, concentrate on trains. I have a few weeks where I can't play as often as I'd like, so I thought I'd stop building factories so I wouldn't have such a big range of products to fill.

My plan is (was? ) to get trains out as quickly as possible and hopefully build a load of community buildings, upgrade my barn and use the academy to quicken up my basic factories. Then, when I have a few easy days, I should have a nice stock build up and I'll boost up production prepare a set of fillable orders, move all my houses around the helicopter then ten minutes before the market changes I'll have a good go at the orders in 30 mins challenge. Threads suggest this is easier to complete at lower levels when there are less products to make.

When I have exhausted all time awards possible, and have everything ticking over nicely, then I'll look at those missing factories. I stopped before the jam factory, my train and plane orders seem a lot more realistic than my friends - so I'm able to be very helpful a lot of times. I buy rubber and jam when I see it. my next plane requires jam. That surprised me - I don't have a jam factory. If trains start asking for things from factories I have not built (my choice) my strategy will fall apart! Not to worry, I'm enjoying experimenting with my plans.

Philli
    This happened to me when I was at the lower levels. I had avoided building the pastry factory (too much money and I didn't really want it right then). It worked for a little while, but then my plane started asking for muffins and brownies. I guess that's the game's way of telling us to keep building!