View Poll Results: Which Recruitment Policy Do You Prefer?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Co-op and Player Ads ONLY in the stickies

19 67.86%
  • Co-op and Player Ads allowed to have individual threads

9 32.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell Us Your Opinion On The Co-op Recruitment Rules

Tell Us Your Opinion On The Co-op Recruitment Rules

Hello all!

Since the recent changes made to the Co-op Recruitment Rules (allowing individual threads to be posted outside of the relevant stickies with the limitation of bumping once a week), Thomas and I have received a lot of feedback, questions, and concerns. We thought the best way to approach the issue was for everyone to air their opinions openly and for us to implement a policy in line with the popular vote.

1. Would you prefer for co-op and players ads to be limited to the stickies in this sub-forum? Meaning no individual threads allowed and that discussion between recruiters and potential members occurs over private message, Facebook, etc.

OR

2. Would you prefer that individual co-op and player ads are allowed outside of the stickies in this sub-forum? Meaning things would stay as they are now where recruiters can host discussions with potential members in their own threads (instead of only over private message, Facebook, etc.).

We'd really appreciate your thoughts and insight.

And if you have any other ideas for amending the Co-op Recruitment Rules, please feel free to share them. We want to make sure Township's forums remain as accessible and helpful as possible.
    Last edited by Amoria; 05-08-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Banned
    I would prefer it only it would be limited to the stickies in this subforum. Max. once 1 week a new advertisement.

I think coop recruitment ads should have their own sub forum and coop discussions move to the discussion forum. People new to the forum and looking for coops would see the sub forum heading right away.

Firstly, thank you so much for re-organising the stickies - it's so much easier now to find a co-op with a matching play style. That change was awesome and greatly appreciated!

Still, I find I prefer reading individual threads for co-ops, rather than going through the stickies. It's nice to be able to quickly ask a question without having to go through pm, and often the resulting info would be useful for other readers, too. So I would prefer if there was a sub-forum for recruitment threads, if that is possible.

If not, I would prefer recruitment to be limited to the stickies and not clutter up the main board.

Sub forum please!

I agree with Laurel, if I was looking for a coop or wanted to advertise mine, there would be a specific sub forum where to go. Now those ads have to be hunted for! I would remove the sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Cove View Post
    I think coop recruitment ads should have their own sub forum and coop discussions move to the discussion forum. People new to the forum and looking for coops would see the sub forum heading right away.
    Aah, a nice idea. Moderators don't have the power to create new sub-forums, but I'll send this feedback to Anastasia.

My only concern is that the overall number of sub-forums has to be managed carefully. If there are too many or too few, that can also cause confusion (and make it more difficult for moderators to act quickly).
    Last edited by Amoria; 05-08-2017 at 11:54 AM.

I think coop recruitment ads should stay in the stickies but player ads can be placed on individual threads if they want

Personally, I just want people to follow the rules. The board becomes a mess when folks post all over the place. It especially bothers me when teams looking for players post in the members looking for teams thread. It's a waste of others time when they go to check out the person looking for a team to see it's another ad.

I prefer it be kept to the stickies. Otherwise it is just spam ads everywhere.

I love your new stickies. They as so much more useful than the old alphabet soup. I also think the stickies should be closed and restarted every couple of months to get rid of the out of date ones.