Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoo is boring.

Missy D'Amico

Zoo is boring.

Ok I've realized that the zoo that I was so excited for is boring.
    I thought that once you got the animals you could also collect things from them. Even if its just experience points or hearts. I have all 4 of each animal for the first 6 animals. And I'm barely 3/4s of the way to level 7 and I finished my last breeding of my lions almost a week ago. I play all the time and change out my food items and most of them are either the hot items or higher. It just seems like it there should be more to it. Anybody else think so? With the town no matter how much squares I clear it always feels like I never have enough room. With the zoo, the only thing I have is room.

gator717
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy D'Amico View Post
    Ok I've realized that the zoo that I was so excited for is boring.
    I thought that once you got the animals you could also collect things from them. Even if its just experience points or hearts. I have all 4 of each animal for the first 6 animals. And I'm barely 3/4s of the way to level 7 and I finished my last breeding of my lions almost a week ago. I play all the time and change out my food items and most of them are either the hot items or higher. It just seems like it there should be more to it. Anybody else think so? With the town no matter how much squares I clear it always feels like I never have enough room. With the zoo, the only thing I have is room.

I agree. The zoo was fun for about two weeks but now it is just boring and tedious. I have been stuck at level 7 for almost 4 weeks since it takes forever to level up. I'm constantly filling up baskets but all you get is a few hearts at a time. There is nothing to do at the zoo except fill baskets and maybe upgrade a store if you have the materials.

Ann
    I must admit to being a bit disappointed with the zoo. I just don't get enough emerald or topaz gems to buy or breed animals. I have to choose whether to use the gems I do get on either the animals or a booster for crops. I always seem to need the booster so my zoo has been put to one side. I can't expand land or add baskets to my cafe etc as I need more animals but can't get them due to the lack of gems. The whole experience would be a lot better if there were more gems available or a different way we can earn them or even make them in a factory.

Cazzie
    I must admit I agree (never thought I would as I was really looking forward to the zoo) but it just a drudge. I only ever visit to empty baskets and then not very often as that is more of a chore than the plane & trains which I suppose I am used to. I am stuck anyway as I can't do anything without more animals and to do that I have to level up and the speed that is happening I may just make the next level for Christmas. Emeralds are practically non existent, infact most gems I receive are few and far between with the exception of the plane.

The problem is that everything is so slow moving that my interest quickly waned which is a shame.

SuzyD
    Well, my zoo has been broken for about a month now (the shops and info board in the bus station are blanked out) -- so, aside from 2 expansions using pruners from the House of Luck, I haven't made any progress or been able to do anything there at all.

I can understand the frustration people are feeling with the slow accumulation of hearts, and the seeming impossibility of getting the right combination of gems, though.

I agree, it would be nice if we could interact more with the animals -- maybe feed them? -- and collect hearts from that activity. Given my complete standstill for lack of access to the shops, there definitely needs to be more than one way to progress, and having some sort of interactive reward system with the animals would do that nicely.

Hi guys!

Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback with us. I'll definitely send this thread to the devs. Your sound criticism and suggestions will definitely help us enhance your and your fellow Townshippers' gaming experience.

Keep your ideas coming guys! This is how we keep learning and improving

MimG
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyD View Post

I agree, it would be nice if we could interact more with the animals -- maybe feed them? -- and collect hearts from that activity. Given my complete standstill for lack of access to the shops, there definitely needs to be more than one way to progress, and having some sort of interactive reward system with the animals would do that nicely.
    I think that's a great idea Suzy! After working really hard to earn hearts, then struggling to get enough timbers to build the enclosure, then waiting for each baby - there's nothing else to do with the animals except look at them! Mind you, my 2 year old Grandson loves them - he thinks the Daddy Bear is hilarious!!!

Itswtvr
    I'm sorry but I don't want that added responsibilities of feeding the animals. This zoo has put a strain on my barn and if we'd have to feed them as well as the shops, I think it would be too overwhelming, especially for lower level players. That's my opinion in it

SuzyD
    Quote Originally Posted by Itswtvr View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't want that added responsibilities of feeding the animals. This zoo has put a strain on my barn and if we'd have to feed them as well as the shops, I think it would be too overwhelming, especially for lower level players. That's my opinion in it
    Hi Erica, it was just an idea, I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Besides, it's not like anything is compulsory, we do what we want to do, leave what we don't. Not doing something never sets us back, that's one of the things that makes this game so great.

My point was, there needs to be more than one way to progress in the zoo, since, with only the shops giving hearts, when they're broken the entire zoo is broken -- and that's not a choice.

W0lfwoman
    Glad I read this thread before starting the zoo. I am level 41 and not in a hurry to take on any drudgery.