Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strategies for earning XPs

Strategies for earning XPs

I'm not a new player but I haven't figured out if there are some good strategies for building up XPs in order to level up faster. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hi 17mars

I upgraded my trains to 100% XP. Depending on how you stand with the gold coins, you can uograde XP instead of coins in your factories. As I do not need the coins, I choose the helicopters orders giving at least 700 XP.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Banned
    Helping others will give you a lot extra xp's.

Helicopter clubbed with coin booster to make the deal healthy and yes helping as many people as you can. I usually buy even the most expensive of the things from the market just to help out others, even though you end getting lesser coins for it but the gains in Xps make up for it for me..
    Co-op: Cook-Eat-Share
    Town: The Gayest Town Ever
    Level 69+
    iOS device
    Thank you.

Now that you can use ore to make jewelry, selling to the mafia guy will give you experience...especially if you've upgraded you jewelry store to 50%more experience.
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Cove View Post
    Now that you can use ore to make jewelry, selling to the mafia guy will give you experience...especially if you've upgraded you jewelry store to 50%more experience.
    When it comes to spending ore for gaining XP, isn't it a better long term investment to spend it on ingots for factory/train upgrades?

Faster production and faster returning trains both have indirect XP gain boosts (doesn't change the absolute amount of XP gained, but allows you to gain it faster, so you can potentially earn more XP in the same period of time). And then there's the direct XP gain upgrades.

But if you have ore aplenty, then siphoning that off for jewellery to get XP sounds like a smart plan for a right here right now XP gain. Just prioritize ingots over jewellery, that's what I'd do. Ah well, whatever choice any player makes is theirs for their own reason. It's good that there are many options that are all viable in their own right.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

Using ingots to upgrade experience at the factories is an excellent idea.But I'm on the fence about upgrading the return time on the trains...mine are at 25% and many times they are sitting...sometimes for an hour or two... while I complete an order. I guess my point is that if you aren't equipped to instantly fill train cars then why waste ingots to speed up return times? That's why I stopped at 25%. I only fill jewelry orders if it's worthwhile...I just filled an order for 1 tiara and 1 earrings for 2000 experience....not really interested in leveling up at this point, but I couldn't pass that one up lol.
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

Even if your trains are sitting there waiting to be filled, as the return time is shortened you should still see some benefit in more trains arriving each day. A train taking approx 1.5-2.5 hours to return and waiting 2 hours to be filled, is still a lot better, than a train taking a total of 7 hours to return and fill.

However, it all depends on how much time you have to devote to the game and what your priorities are. If you're reaching the end of your community buildings, then it may not be worthwhile to continue upgrading your trains.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

I stopped upgrading my trains at 30% for the very same reason. So often I will have at least two and often three crates all asking for crops that take a long time to grow. So often, in fact, that I do not see a benefit. But I am done building community buildings and have yet to start on my zoo, so I have been selling all my building materials anyway.

I have been slowly working on upgrading my islands. I still have a long way to go though as they are only upgraded to six currently. Occasionally, I will also upgrade a factory.

I never make jewelry though. I do not buy it from Raja either. I just win it at the House of Luck. The mafia guy gets dumped if he wants an ingot but otherwise, he sits there sometimes for a week until have won what he wants.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

Whether it takes you 10 seconds or 10 hours to fill your train's crates, the benefit of having them at 50% return speed versus 25% return speed always is that your next train will arrive in about 2 hours instead of 3.

That extra hour really builds up! Over time that does mean getting a lot more train wagons with goodies! And it all builds from there, because this also means you'll get more mining tools over time. Which translates into more ore over time. Which translates into more ingots over time. Which translates in faster upgrading of factories/islands.

Your trains set the economic heartbeat of your township.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE