Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: 14.10 New Update - Halloween

SuzyD
    Quote Originally Posted by Itswtvr View Post
    Nana, Sadly I agree. Seems like all you have to do is complain about how something offends your religion, beliefs, culture and it's gone. Forget that this is just a game and the elephant was in no way being abused. Now, if they had someone riding him and beating him with a stick, I'd understand but he was just an adorable feature that added some pizzazz to the circus. I hate when overly sensitive people get their way- just reinforces their behavior.
    Hi Erica, I don't remember who it was, but the person commenting on the elephant said that circus animals had been banned/outlawed in their country -- maybe, rather than political correctness or catering to over-sensitivity, Playrix decided that they didn't want to be depicting something unlawful. I think they're in a tough position, having such a broad base of users, it's bound to get a bit sticky now and again. I rather appreciate their dedication to being as inclusive and inoffensive as they can be.

And, as Cathy pointed out, things get changed all the time for no reason we can point to (tires/boats, restaurants, the different pastry items, wildflower patches, trees, etc), so I'm not sure this is really any different. Playrix owns the box of crayons, and they do what they want with them.

Itswtvr
    Suzy, elephants are banned in circuses here too but I don't think playrix having a circus elephant supports anything unlawful. It's not like it's a smoke shop or something. And yes, playrix reserves the right to change anything they'd like on a whim but I'm getting tired of every time someone complains that something offends them, it's gone. People need to remember that real life issues don't need to be introduced into a fantasy game, that's all. I could just see someone coming here and complaining about deer having Lyme disease and them being removed.

Chic121
    Quote Originally Posted by Itswtvr View Post
    Nana, Sadly I agree. Seems like all you have to do is complain about how something offends your religion, beliefs, culture and it's gone. Forget that this is just a game and the elephant was in no way being abused. Now, if they had someone riding him and beating him with a stick, I'd understand but he was just an adorable feature that added some pizzazz to the circus. I hate when overly sensitive people get their way- just reinforces their behavior.
    Hey Erica

Have to agree with you on this.... I also agree with other comments I dislike Clowns immensely....

I hope they change it either back to Elephant or one of the other suggestions as that creepy clown has to go

What annoys me most about subject of the elephant is that the commenter who was so offended by it and whose complaint about animal abuse got the attention of the powers that be - where is that commenter now? Anyone see a thank you or a note expressing their gratitude that an imaginary elephant is no longer suffering imaginary abuse?

I haven't seen anything. It's almost as if they fly in here to register their complaint, demand changes be made to their liking and then - poof - they are gone. Never to be heard from again unless or until they have another "issue." Pheh!
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Golly, Ralph - I have no idea. Things seem to be working better this morning for me, but not sure how wide spread that is. I guess it will depend on how much interaction between friends is in the event and how far along they have gotten in the server transition.
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Itswtvr
    Nana, you are SO right!!! Couldn't have said it better!!!

Godfer55
    Okay you mob, on the suject of Clowns, let me tell you about my "Clown Dog" twice a week we attend the local children's hospital, we are allowed in the secondary and recovery wards of oncology "with vet clearance" he is an entertainer he dances, sings, talks, blows raspberrys at grumpy people, and even farts and sniffs his butt(hey the old fart joke still raises a smile). I consider myself an animal lover, also take him orienteering, so for all his needs as a working dog are fulfilled does that make me a bad person for wanting the elephant back in the circus?

Itswtvr
    Aww godfer, I wish you'd post video of your dogs antics- he sounds absolutely adorable! And no, it wouldn't.
    Last edited by Itswtvr; 10-25-2015 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Fixed Autocorrect

Morning Godfer. What a great and entertaining service you and your dog provide to these children! Yes, yes, I imagine you are quite entertaining, too.
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Martine
    I would like to see the circus elephant back. I do not like clowns at all. They are evil. And yes, over here, animals in circus are illegal too. I do not care, it is a game! If everything has to be political correct I like to take on some refugees that come by rubberboat in my town. I have plenty space!