Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organize Co-op chat to keep requests at the top

Organize Co-op chat to keep requests at the top

Would it be possible to make product requests and "my town needs help" posts be "sticky" so they stay at the top? If some co-op members are very chatty, those requests get lost.

I personally think this is a wonderful idea! I'm surprised it hasn't been put to use already!!! We have to wait 3 hrs to request. They shouldn't be lost because we are a chatty lot!

I agree...by them moving, it's easy for them to get lost, and time out. By keeping them at the top, they stand a better chance of getting filled. Good idea Ibrigant!

Quote Originally Posted by lbrigant View Post
    Would it be possible to make product requests and "my town needs help" posts be "sticky" so they stay at the top? If some co-op members are very chatty, those requests get lost.
    You have the green exclamation mark, which shoes that there are requests further down the line. Just click it.

Thomas

KOOP "iMACExchange" MAC OS
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by thommmes View Post
    You have the green exclamation mark, which shoes that there are requests further down the line. Just click it.

Thomas
    Yes but that only applies to the "product requests", not the "my town needs help" messages. Plus both messages are subject to being scrolled off the bottom. An active coop can easily produce 99 messages and cause the requests to disappear. A separate tab or sticky area for these is a reasonable request.

This has been brought up many times before. Not sure if the developers have been made aware yet or not... See this thread.

We currently use FB group chat and have a separate FB group chat for just claimed chat requests. It is the only way to ensure they don't get lost.
    Town Name: Violet Meadows
    Town Level: 61
    Co-op Name: Rocket Power
    Co-op FB Group: Rocket Power Township Co-op
    Friend Code: YVRJ67 - Add me!
    Platform: [Android] Facebook, Google

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Croson View Post
    We currently use FB group chat and have a separate FB group chat for just claimed chat requests. It is the only way to ensure they don't get lost.
    And not to forget, it only works for folks who are willing to use FB.
    For me even the exclamation mark works better, despite different timezones and chatty ppl, but anyway:
    The wish expressed here is reasonable IMO also, and I don't see a reason that an extra tab or something like that would ask too much of the Devs or the game.

In the thread Alex quoted are some very good thoughts expressed to make a start on solving the issues with calling dibs, and in that context, also vanishing chat. It would be really a good idea IMO also, if the Devs had been made aware.

I private messaged Amoria since this is like the 10th time I've seen this request brought up
    Town Name: Violet Meadows
    Town Level: 61
    Co-op Name: Rocket Power
    Co-op FB Group: Rocket Power Township Co-op
    Friend Code: YVRJ67 - Add me!
    Platform: [Android] Facebook, Google

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Croson View Post
    I private messaged Amoria since this is like the 10th time I've seen this request brought up
    Please note that I am giving you my personal opinion on this, I am not writing in my function as a moderator.

I am a database developer besides other admin stuff that I am doing. And based on my own expierience I would like to say that sometimes it is better not do include all the features you could wish for. Although computers are getting faster and faster, you must take performance and speed into consideration. Plus, the more special features you have, the bigger the risk for bugs or failures will be.

This is why I can understand that not all of our dreams will ever come true in the game. I can live with the way it is. If the devs do not implement certain features it may well be that those features are hazardous for the overall performance.

So I don't think that repeating a question over and over again will be the best way to get what you desire. We should sometimes leave the decision to the professionals and not try to force anything.

Have a great weekend
    Thomas

KOOP "iMACExchange" MAC OS
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Also right, Thomas, but then they should give us an answer and say so. That isn't asked too much either, at least in these cases of being asked for so often.
    We are fighting for their "not going to happen"-list often enough; we shouldn't be forced to speculate on these newer things, which are, admittedly by them, still in development to some extent.