Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfair High Level

You aren't comparing apples to apples. You're right, the high school team shouldn't play against professionals. Why? Because the professionals are career players and have spent years training to be the best in their sport. Their payout is much larger than that of a high school team.....bonuses, endorsements etc. Their, and their family, livelihood depends on how well they play and how much their team wins. And the regatta...the most experienced player has played only a year. The payout for everyone is the same...a few measly rewards and bragging rights. Trying changing your method of playing...add a few more players to your coop so you're racing bigger coops where the time factor is not so important. I'm not against handicapping coops for the regatta...it's just, really in the scheme of things, so unimportant to win a make believe race with make believe prizes.
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

Regatta races are balanced. Just look on township wiki. People with lower level get house of luck tasks and milk tasks easy tasks. As you level up or more people get higher you get more difficult tasks more like planes and trains island tasks you don't get at lower levels. Longer time producing tasks because you need higher factory to make and even at high levels you won't have upgraded every factory. The game is balanced already.

I agree here, though as I said on the other thread, I don't know that level groups are the way to fix it.

In all the GL races I have observed, there's a huge disparity in points between the top and bottom, and even between third and fourth. My team tends to crush the SIlver League one week and get kicked out of Golden League the next. We don't have a chance. To get even near the top we would have to nearly double the current points Meanwhile, there are usually only 3 teams that have a real shot at the first three spots. Very little real competition for them.

Thus, I think there should be another league, either above or below the current Gold League. I'm not asking for first in every race, but it is discouraging to win total victory one week and be crushed the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly wood View Post
    No, but the high school team shouldn't play against professionals. The handicap team shouldn't play against olympians. We have categories to keep the competition balanced so those in the same category must use skill and wits to win. That is missing in the Regatta where the grade school players are competing against the professionals.

I understand the feeling that upgraded factories for higher players might seem as an unfair advantage, but I disagree and don't see it as such.

I only have 50 in-game friends, and all of them are lower level than me, and no outside Facebook, etc. friends.

I am currently level 57, and I'm the next to lowest level in my current co-op that goes from levels 54-111. I was the first member to complete the max 15+1 regatta tasks last week, and I had the highest total score of all my co-op team. With 1.5 days left this week, I have completed 10/15 tasks with 1317 points (edit: in less than 12 hours I've completed 4 more tasks and the final one will be done once I wake up in the morning). There is always a minimum of 3 regatta tasks grayed out because I am not high enough level and typically another 2-3 that are refreshing on a regular basis. Yet somehow I am still able to select tasks that I can do with a little time and effort and help add points the regatta. This current co-op always hits 25,000 points each week and gets all 9 buoys.

So far this week I have helped my co-op members with 378 items. Only the highest level (111) player has helped more than me at 400 items.

Before I joined this co-op a few weeks ago, I was a Co-Leader and the highest level player in another co-op. I easily completed 15+1 tasks every week with a day or two to spare and helped players ~200 times per week. Despite my help, the members of that lower level co-op team didn't play anywhere near as often. Maybe 1/3 of the players completed up to 8/15 tasks in the regatta, only a couple of other players helped more than 25 times in a week, and at least 10 players didn't participate in the regatta at all and never marked themselves as not participating. Yeah, we could do great in Silver League, but would only last 1-2 weeks by the squeak of our nose in Golden League before getting bumped back down again. That co-op could never pull more than 15,000 points in a regatta and tended to only bring in just under 10,000 regularly.

The primary difference between the two co-ops is the level of participation, NOT the level of the players. In my current co-op, many times the higher level players are requesting items for which I don't yet have factories, yet I can still help my fellow players 300+ times in a week. Only a small portion of that can be chalked up to factory upgrades. The rest is that I log into the game pretty much every hour to check on things and keep things moving and to see which of my friends have asked for help that I can provide.

Tasks and their requirements also change. It was common to see "harvest wheat" or "make milkshakes" tasks when I was with the lower level co-op, but those don't exist with the higher level co-op. Instead there are harvest silk (15 hrs each) or make cheesecakes (3 hrs each). The only tasks that remain constant are the train, plane, and helicopter tasks, but each car/crate/request climbs just as steeply in regards to total cost of the items requested. The game is designed to provide just as much of a challenge to higher level players as it does to lower level players, even with the benefits of factory upgrades and Raja constantly being on your payroll. We all equally gripe about the lack of saws!

The final point I'll make is that the regatta task count limit actually limits the regatta overall. No one team member can add any more than 2160 points (15+1 extra at 135pts), regardless of how high a level they are or how much money they pour into the game, and no co-op can bring in more than 64,800 points (2160 x 30 players). Look at your co-op score, and if your team isn't pulling in 25,000 minimum each week (or an average ~800 points per player for smaller teams), then the fault isn't the level of the players but the level of their participation. If you want your team to do better in the regatta, talk to your co-op leaders. They can kick out players that aren't pulling their weight, dump tasks that don't reward high enough points (e.g. tasks worth less than 100 pts) or that might seem to take an excessively long time to accomplish, and can communicate the enforcement of co-op rules like making sure players needing a week or two off opt out of the co-op during that time. If this doesn't get you the results you want in the regattas, then you might want to consider changing co-ops and joining a group that is more regatta focused or even make one of your own that implements certain regatta-centric rules.
    Last edited by TrickyKitty; 07-02-2017 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typos and clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post

Thus, I think there should be another league, either above or below the current Gold League. I'm not asking for first in every race, but it is discouraging to win total victory one week and be crushed the next.
    I think a league above golden league would improve things amongst the highly competitive co-ops.

Quote Originally Posted by Messy Town View Post
    I think a league above golden league would improve things amongst the highly competitive co-ops.
    I agree. There should be a "Leaderboard league". After winning in gold league, we should be asked if we want to join that upper league or stay in Gold.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Great descriptions, TrickyKitty. I also think that time in the game is an underestimated factor.

This would certainly shake up the leaderboard, if they were competing against more teams like themselves and weren't basically guaranteed the top position bonus (a good thing IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    I agree. There should be a "Leaderboard league". After winning in gold league, we should be asked if we want to join that upper league or stay in Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Messy Town View Post
    A great idea -- along with Graylady and Honor's detailing.

I've added it to the "Creative" section of the "Frequently Suggested Ideas" sticky.

Albina and Nastya have been made aware of the list compiled there and check it periodically to refer back to developers.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

I agree about the higher level coops shouldn't play with the lower levels. My tasks I get to pick from only have about 2 to choose from for the 135 points. I never dump a task but I can never get to the 2160 points because I don't have all 135 pointers to choose from. Not fair I don't think and I worked my way up to the highest coop level