Thread: Buying land

Buying land

Hi!
    I've been playing for awhile, level 56, and I have noticed that you keep making it harder, and more expensive, to buy land. This seems silly to me. If you want players to keep playing, they need to be able to build and expand. The factories keep getting more expensive, too!

Community buildings do nothing but take up space, and after you have cleared the land, and bought the building, you have to wait a really long time for it to finish, because of limited supplies on the trains ! You keep pushing for us to build, but, then you keep putting obstacles in our way!

I love idea of building my own town, but, unfortunately, I seem to be building yours! I guess, I could just stop expanding and building, but, then what would be the point in staying in the game? Maybe, all of you should get together, and think about this. This really could be a fabulous game!

Thank you,
    Reggie Bradshaw
    Strong Ties co op

Banned
    I find it a challange getting on higher levels it doesn't needs to be that simple. My next new land costs my 83.000 i don't care really just keep on playing and you will get there.

Yup, and yup. Township could easily be titled, "nobody said picnic". Land space gets ridiculously tight for awhile. My best advice is go slowly on the community buildings. You definitely do not want to plop one down as soon as they dangle it in front of you. Wait until your other community buildings are finished and you have the space, and about half the supplies needed to finish it.

The other thing is you just have to accept that you won't really be able to build your town the way you want it until many other things are finished, and you are at a much higher level.

Meantime, no one will judge you harshly on your little crowded mess lol.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Level 99, finally starting to expand and organize

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Meantime, no one will judge you harshly on your little crowded mess lol.
    LOL, thank you! you are so comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL, thank you! you are so comforting.
    Ikr. I think I might be up for some kind of sainthood nomination.

As for crowded lil messes, a person in my coop said parts of my town looked like Where's Waldo. LOL
    Perfect description really. I should rename the crowded lil mess.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Motto: Clutter is Cuter
    Co op: Givers Only Coop

Ikr. I think I might be up for some kind of sainthood nomination.
    yeah - like Saint Tropez, I guess?

As for crowded lil messes, a person in my coop said parts of my town looked like Where's Waldo. LOL
    Perfect description really. I should rename the crowded lil mess.
    LOL - hope you won't wish for customizable/customisable signs for it.

Motto: Clutter is Cuter
    now that's a real tongue-twister - say it out loud 3 times!

I too feel that land comes at a premium. If you're going to charge so much for it at least give us larger parcels.... that wouldn't be as hard to take. The idea that the trains rarely give saws, and you need at least three, is annoying to say the least! Can't something be done to make it easier for us to expand? I, personally, really enjoy this game but wish things were set up for more relaxing play! Not all of us are die hard must win everthingers! Although our co-op is of that frame of mind we do like to have fun not just work hard to get ahead! Please set up the game AS a game! For FUN!!!

Michelle Kellee
    Level 54
    Strong Ties co-op

That's not the point. The point is that this is a game, not a career! I want to build a nice town, I want to have fun, and I want them to stop making it so hard to to the first two! I didn't know at first, that I did not have to build every building. So, i made some mistakes, live and learn! This thread is about expanding issues.Make land cheaper, or make the parcels of land bigger! If we need a half dozen saws, shovels and axes to clear the land, then put them on the trains! It's not rocket science! That was the point!

If the game were too easy it wouldn't be so fun to play.