Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: when is enough enough?

  1. #1
    coljoy
    Guest

    when is enough enough?

    I have a difficult question to ask. I'm wondering when other players think enough is enough when it comes to friends who have disappeared or only receive help and don't help me. Initially I had some good friends and only a couple of duds and now I have a fair amount of them. I'm just curious what other players opinions are? thanks

  2. #2
    I delete anyone who has been inactive for a long period. And, truthfully, with all the friend and server problems we have periodically, whose to know they were "deleted" instead of just gone from a glitch? LOL
    Join Date: June 2014
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

    Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

    Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

  3. #3
    Itswtvr
    Guest
    Nana, what with the zoo and all, I've deleted friends who have been "duds" as coljoy said and who don't have their zoo up and running or at least in construction. Only good thing about the zoo is it lets us know who's active and who isnt

  4. #4
    coljoy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I delete anyone who has been inactive for a long period. And, truthfully, with all the friend and server problems we have periodically, whose to know they were "deleted" instead of just gone from a glitch? LOL
    I see thanks for responding. I had one it seemed got bumped off by accident but a handful of others have been there receiving and not helping. I hate to toss people but it gets to a point when it's just too much especially now with the added zoo demands. It's too bad because things were going super well for a while. I changed one friend who's only helped me twice since I started the game. Other people have wanted to befriend me so I've decided to try a few new friends but it's hard for me to decide who stays and who goes.

  5. #5
    coljoy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Itswtvr View Post
    Nana, what with the zoo and all, I've deleted friends who have been "duds" as coljoy said and who don't have their zoo up and running or at least in construction. Only good thing about the zoo is it lets us know who's active and who isnt
    exactly! with the added zoo goals it makes it even more important.

  6. #6
    Chic121
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coljoy View Post
    I have a difficult question to ask. I'm wondering when other players think enough is enough when it comes to friends who have disappeared or only receive help and don't help me. Initially I had some good friends and only a couple of duds and now I have a fair amount of them. I'm just curious what other players opinions are? thanks
    Hey Coljoy

    I delete anyone who shows to be inactive, or those who stop being friends.... Lately I've also take more notice of who accepts my help very regularly yet never reciprocates...... unless they are low level.... Bless they need all the help I can give :-)

  7. #7
    coljoy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic121 View Post
    Hey Coljoy

    I delete anyone who shows to be inactive, or those who stop being friends.... Lately I've also take more notice of who accepts my help very regularly yet never reciprocates...... unless they are low level.... Bless they need all the help I can give :-)
    Thanks, that's pretty much my thoughts. I think it's only fair to help those are lower etc and be understanding unless they seem to have stopped playing the game. Some will play and then quit but some just need more help on lower levels and can't give me certain items and that's ok but others seem to be dead weight. thanks I guess I'm just one of those people who feels guilty tossing people lol ... oh well

  8. #8
    Itswtvr
    Guest
    This is my take on it. I delete friends who seem to be inactive. I also delete friends that are always on my help list, and which I've helped hundreds of times, and haven't received help from them. I do check their statistics and if it's very low for the level they are, I delete them for the reason that I think it takes a certain personality to make it to level 70 and above and only help less than 100 (just an example) people. I am constantly checking to see if anyone needs help, to the point where I have to chide myself for checking two seconds after I've cleared the list. So I feel no guilt deleting those. on the flip side, I know there are higher level players that help me a lot but don't ask quite often. I'm always in the lookout to repay the favor but if you don't provide opportunities, help can't be given as often as you give it. My point is, enough is enough is when you say it's enough. If you feel like you aren't receiving any benefit by keeping them as a friend, replace them with someone who can.

  9. #9
    coljoy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Itswtvr View Post
    This is my take on it. I delete friends who seem to be inactive. I also delete friends that are always on my help list, and which I've helped hundreds of times, and haven't received help from them. I do check their statistics and if it's very low for the level they are, I delete them for the reason that I think it takes a certain personality to make it to level 70 and above and only help less than 100 (just an example) people. I am constantly checking to see if anyone needs help, to the point where I have to chide myself for checking two seconds after I've cleared the list. So I feel no guilt deleting those. on the flip side, I know there are higher level players that help me a lot but don't ask quite often. I'm always in the lookout to repay the favor but if you don't provide opportunities, help can't be given as often as you give it. My point is, enough is enough is when you say it's enough. If you feel like you aren't receiving any benefit by keeping them as a friend, replace them with someone who can.
    You've made some good points thanks.

  10. #10
    SuzyD
    Guest
    If you're not getting the experience you want from the people on your list, then something needs to change. I haven't deleted any Facebook people (though that could use a pruning as well), but the in-game list is so limited, that people do need to be looked at and removed at times.

    There are a couple of things I've noticed though, one thing I was using as an indication of whether someone was active was when they added that land by the railroad -- it was my thinking that if one had been playing, they would have rearranged that area already, but then I found a couple of people left things just like that, but were still active.

    The same with the zoo, some people, for whatever reason, haven't done anything with it, but they're playing otherwise (maybe they're below level 40, or are playing an older version? we see the zoo because it's part of our game, but they may not have it yet, and may never be able to get it, since, for example, iOS 5 is no longer supported).

    Finally, there are what Graylady coined to be "ghost towns," where the person is an active player, but, for some unknown reason, your game is stuck with them on an old level. I've had a few of those, once I see the person is really at a higher level and still playing, it's a little tricky in trying to both delete and keep them -- I'm not having much success, actually, as deleting them and sending a new request has only resulted in remaining pending on their list, since they see me as a friend already.

    Deleting people is a necessary thing, but there may be valid reasons why some have gone dark -- if it was someone who mattered to you/your game in the past, you might want to give it a while. If it was just a random person, not so much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •