Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black rectangles and now this! Nursery issue, LOL! 8145 days for a baby penguin???

clw
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Sorry, clw, but I am not a tech - just a commenter like you, so I cannot give any assurances. I think you will be fine - I have deleted and reinstalled in the past with no issue. You have to use your own best judgment. If you lose progress in any way, tech support can get it back for you.
    Thanks, Nana!!

Sandy
    clw - before you delete - take some screen shots of your game. I always do. Have never needed them, but it gave me peace of mind.

clw
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    clw - before you delete - take some screen shots of your game. I always do. Have never needed them, but it gave me peace of mind.
    Thanks, Sandy, good idea!

clw
    Well, I took screen shots and went to delete the game to reinstall it and it said that deleting Township will delete all its data. So I didn't do it. I guess I need to talk to tech support. Thanks you guys!

clw: that message is standard and means all the data from the game that is on your device will be removed - obviously, that is the whole point of deleting in the first place.

You seem very nervous about doing this and it is probably best for you to wait and be reassured by Ksenia or Dmitry before you delete/reinstall.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Debbiliz
    I play on an iPad Air 2. I had the black rectangles, but since doing the update from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2 they are no longer there. I've not had the timer issue though.

clw
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    clw: that message is standard and means all the data from the game that is on your device will be removed - obviously, that is the whole point of deleting in the first place.

You seem very nervous about doing this and it is probably best for you to wait and be reassured by Ksenia or Dmitry before you delete/reinstall.
    Yes, I am that way because I am not tech savvy! LOL! That makes sense, what you said. Thanks again!

clw
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiliz View Post
    I play on an iPad Air 2. I had the black rectangles, but since doing the update from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2 they are no longer there. I've not had the timer issue though.
    I do need to update from 9.0.1, so I will do that first. Thanks!

Danno820
    I already did that update and it didn't help my issue. I started breeding my first hippo almost 29 hours ago and no change in the timer glitch. Still saying over 4183 days and 26 cash to speed up.

Update: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. No difference.
    Last edited by Danno820; 10-03-2015 at 09:12 PM.

SuzyD
    Quote Originally Posted by clw View Post
    Well, I took screen shots and went to delete the game to reinstall it and it said that deleting Township will delete all its data. So I didn't do it. I guess I need to talk to tech support. Thanks you guys!
    If it's of any reassurance, I did a reinstall yesterday (Android, though), took screen shots, particularly points/coins/jewels (to that I'd add the market dealer time left, if you've hired him and have more than a day or two left) and a reasonable overview of the town (I do this before every update, too, since updates can really change the town, and have sometimes had a problem or two). Then I rebooted my phone, to get a completely fresh start.

I fully expected to open the new game on level 1, and to need to go through the tutorial before syncing with Facebook, but it loaded right into the same spot in the game where I left it, just as if I had done nothing more than exited the game and reloaded. Sadly, this didn't repair the problem I have, but it was as painless and uneventful a reinstall as I have ever heard of -- they've done an amazing job!

Whether you decide to do it now or Mon, it will most likely be completely trouble-free. (One thing I'd recommend, though, if you haven't filed any tickets lately, go through the motions of creating one, and keep/save the data that is collected in the email -- that way, in the unlikely event that disaster should strike, you'll have all your identifying info for the devs to find and recover your game that much faster.

Good luck.