Thread: Expansions

Expansions

Land expansions now cost you a lot of coins PLUS tools. It's pretty expensive now to clear more land for tour town. I don't like rhis change. How about the rest of you?

Hi Vonie

I did not see any change. Land has always cost coins and tools. Each piece of land is more expensive then the previous one.

Luckily your ability to make coins and gather tools will also increase as you level up, so the effort doesn't grow nearly as strong as the pricetag indicates. Caveat: upgrade your trains to return faster.

Actually, I've found that after I upgraded my trains to 50% faster return speed, land expansion tools came so fast I've been selling them off left, right and centre because I've got all the land I need for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonie View Post
    Land expansions now cost you a lot of coins PLUS tools. It's pretty expensive now to clear more land for tour town. I don't like rhis change. How about the rest of you?
    Vonie, as you seem to be relatively "Young" in the game, I suggest you take a look at the township wiki here. You will find all information about cost, required tools etc. there.

Have fun playing

Thomas
    Last edited by thommmes; 04-21-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Banned
    Land expansions will even got more expansive. F.e. if I want to buy some extra land in need to pay. 82.000 coins and in need 33 tools. Did has been also like this. Nothing changed.

I'm struggling to get enough tools to expand my land as fast as I would like and now have barely any space for new things. I've upgraded my trains to twenty per cent so far and put effort into ore production so the trains take less time but the tools still come very slowly. What level are you on that you have so many tools you have to sell them off? I dream of getting to that level. Lol

I am currently saving tools to expand to Tropica isle, so that will delay my expansion even more, and I barely have enough space left to place my next factory.

I like to look at other people's towns and notice that they seem to be able to expand faster than me, so maybe my strategy is wrong. What might I do differently to get more tools, other than speeding up the train times? I notice that other people have widely different stats to me too, but maybe that is accounted for by actual money spent, I don't know.

Let me guess: You build every community-building as soon as it pops up? And now you've got lots of unfinished buildings cramming up your space?
    Don't do that! I did that at first, too - but as soon as I found this forum, I looked into the "new"-Section and found many very good tipps. Now I build those community-buildings one at a time and there is enough room for other things.

Parselmooth...first, don't compare your progress to others. Visit other towns to get ideas, but you don't know what strategies others are using. Some people spend hundreds of real dollars to expand their town. Others play constantly. First develop a plan...you seem to be all over the place with expansions, islands, upgrading trains. Realize that you will have to stop focusing on one area to begin another. As stated above, build only one community building at a time...those players who talk about selling off tools are selling their extra supply in order to prod the game into giving them the tools they are low on. For example, I have more axes than I need for my next expansion, but not enough saws. Selling off the extra axes with prod the game into send more saws. Also, players who are level 82 and may well have all the community buildings and no longer need those tools, even though they still get them. So to make coin and room in their barn they sell them off. DON'T waste land space on decorations and a lot of roads. Early in the game you need to be stingy with you land. I'm at level 85 and am just now at the point where I can decorate. Put any decorations you have into storage for now. Turn any water areas you have into land so they are useful. Finally, township is a slow game...enjoy the process. You'll get there soon enough!

Expansion costs seems to be expensive as the game updates. When I played in 2018. Axes were required at level 34 but now year 2020. Axes are now required at level 25 and the coin cost and population requirements are now increased