Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Enough Building Materials

Not Enough Building Materials

I am at level 43 and have 4 community buildings waiting to be completed. Supermarket, stadium, ferries wheel and Coast guard. They have been under construction for over a week. And still don't have materials for at least one of them to be done. I have been running my trains, would choose those tasks in the regatta even because they were quicker to accomplish and I had a bit more control than the airplane. It's very frustrating. I am at a point that I can't increase my houses because I don't have enough community buildings. I think it's the white panel things that I am fighting for. Tons of the glass pieces. I have been playing about a month and have spent $150 real money on the game. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart23 View Post
    I am at level 43 and have 4 community buildings waiting to be completed. Supermarket, stadium, ferries wheel and Coast guard. They have been under construction for over a week. And still don't have materials for at least one of them to be done. I have been running my trains, would choose those tasks in the regatta even because they were quicker to accomplish and I had a bit more control than the airplane. It's very frustrating. I am at a point that I can't increase my houses because I don't have enough community buildings. I think it's the white panel things that I am fighting for. Tons of the glass pieces. I have been playing about a month and have spent $150 real money on the game. Any suggestions?
    Hello you can check here in the forum under new to township then check best tip for new players. you will find tons of info about your problem.

Suggestions:

1 ) Don't ever at any moment in the game have more than 1 community building under construction. You mess up what building materials you get in trains if you have 2 or more community buildings under construction. You've found this out the hard way.

2 ) Sell off excess building materials, in your case the glass pieces. Make this a habit. Also for barn materials. It will feel wasteful at first. But by doing this you influence what the trains bring in, and you will find the white panel things slowly but surely picking up in your trains.

3 ) Prioritize getting your trains to 50% faster returning speed. You'll swim in construction materials, and mining tools. Everything gets easier over time. It's awesome.

4 ) If you'd ask me what the best bang for the buck was in this game, then I'd definitely recommend Raja's market search feature. It's like saying Open Sesame. Use it, buy truckloads of ore, make ingots, upgrade your trains and then your important factories. And watch your town's economy go BOOM

Good luck and have fun!

Lionheart, I did the exact same thing when I started and have been slightly behind in the game ever since (especially since I sold my barn tools). You have to pick one com building and keep only enough tools for that building and your barn. You also should not build any zoo enclosures at the same time as a com building or any other enclosure. They require similar tools and can mess things up, too. It will be slow going, but you'll get there.

Thanx Vuurvl, its good tip..
    I have this problem with building materail. I always wondered why my trains r bringing me more bricks when i already have 40bricks in barn and no slabs..

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    Suggestions:

1 ) Don't ever at any moment in the game have more than 1 community building under construction. You mess up what building materials you get in trains if you have 2 or more community buildings under construction. You've found this out the hard way.

2 ) Sell off excess building materials, in your case the glass pieces. Make this a habit. Also for barn materials. It will feel wasteful at first. But by doing this you influence what the trains bring in, and you will find the white panel things slowly but surely picking up in your trains.

3 ) Prioritize getting your trains to 50% faster returning speed. You'll swim in construction materials, and mining tools. Everything gets easier over time. It's awesome.

4 ) If you'd ask me what the best bang for the buck was in this game, then I'd definitely recommend Raja's market search feature. It's like saying Open Sesame. Use it, buy truckloads of ore, make ingots, upgrade your trains and then your important factories. And watch your town's economy go BOOM

Good luck and have fun!
    LMAO: I accidentally started a second community building build this weekend, and I've been stuck at 5 white panels for 3 days now.

So much for heeding my own advice ROFL

LMAO: I accidentally started a second community building build this weekend, and I've been stuck at 5 white panels for 3 days now.

So much for heeding my own advice ROFL
    LOL :-)

tz, I could have told you to listen to Vuurvl
    Thanks for not asking for getting the materials from friends or the Coop!

and good luck, of course! :-)

Suggestions:

Is zoo buildings the same as community buildings regarding getting materials?
    My mini town was doing very good first weeks, and then zoo happened..

Happily mini
    Birdie bootcamp

Zoo enclosures also use building materials from trains, so you should only do one of those instead of a community building, not at same time. The idea is to have trains only supplying materials for one building at once, anywhere, so the game can work out what you need.

Check the required materials for the community buildings: http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Buildings
    Pick one of the four and sell materials, that are above the necessary for it. (as has been said)
    Rinse and repeat.