Thread: Regatta tasks

Regatta tasks

I yave been directed here by a moderator. My co-op is getting largely low point tasks, highly time consuming tasks or simply inappropriate tasks. For instance, we get a disproportionate number of zoo tasks. Some of our members don't even have access to the zoo and most of the rest are at level 3 or 4 at best. We are getting "rice" as a task, most of our players aren't even at that level. We are getting a lot of boat-related tasks that take forever. We realize that we are not going to get all high-point tasks that are easy to finish quickly. Over the last three regattas we have seen a dramatic negative change in the nature of the tasks. Many of our players have only a bit of time after work or school to play. If the are forced to take long tasks they will never be able to complete all 15. I love the house of luck task because it encourages the players to help others but only saw it about 7-8 times and usually as a liw point option. We save our mining tools just for regattas. Now I feel lucky to get a couple of mining tasks. I havevread seversl posts about this same isdue. I hope the devs will consider changing task distribution to make the regattas fun again.

Why not do what the rest of us do? Dump the tasks you don't like. Wait the 30 minutes and you'll likely get better options. But we are ALL in the same boat (sorry for the pun).
    We are a team of a few good people who are in the golden league!

Name: You can call me Bob
    My Co-Op: Teamwork (#E3ESY7 - http://bit.ly/CoOpRules)
    My Town: Schitt's Creek
    Friend Code: 6TTK54
    Operating system: Android

Bob,
    It is hard for me not to respond to your advice sarcastically but I will refrain. We dump hundreds of tasks each regatta, more each time due to the declining point value or applicability. I realize that we are in the same boat. I choose to row the boat instead of drifting with the tide.

OK, I'd prefer the sarcastic answer instead, so lay it on me.

WE ALL DUMP HUNDREDS OF TASKS. I myself dump 100 each regatta, and I'm just one player.

I'm not sure what you want done. Many people ask for easier or more points, but in the end DUMP THEM.

It's possible that the dumping of tasks is more onerous in a larger coop, more people competing for the same preferred tasks, so while "we all dump a lot of tasks" maybe the dumping is producing better effects for some (smaller coop) but hardly any effect for others (larger coop)?

Mine is about 25 people strong ... we get by with just dumping ... we've been in the top 3 of the golden league for several races. We allow people to pick tasks that are 120 pts or higher ... some of the co-ops allow people to only pick 135 pts tasks and dump the rest.