Thread: Add,wishlist for regatta taaks

Add,wishlist for regatta taaks

When i am doing 1 task, i prepare for another task. But when i complete the current task, somebody has already taken the task. Our coop members are chatty, sp if i notice them, it disappears in minutes. So if u add wishlisting a task and others can see it, they wl not take that task. Hope u wl reply and implement this task

Hey Gowsikgd - in our co-op we use our Town Signs to let each other know that we want to reserve a task.

If for example someone wants to reserve WOOL, they tap on their town sign and type in a shorter version of their town name and WOOL. For example my Town Sign reads Sandy aka truck taz. If I want the WOOL task, I would change my sign to read "Sandy WOOL".

Another thing we do - sometimes some co-op members have good zoo products and can do a fast zoo task. So we type "Z-Sandy" so other members know we are ready and willing. Same for Mine. M-Sandy.

RE "HOL" - we take turns. We are a co-op in different time zones, so we communicate in the co-op - who was on line, at the same time a HOL came up...and who took, so we know who has the 'next turn' at the next one that pops up.

Hope this helps? Cheers and hope things work out. Let us know ok?
    Last edited by Sandy; 04-02-2017 at 04:10 AM.

I would love to hear more co-op tips for regatta playing. This was great information that Sandy gave. We have been trying to implement requesting next task etiquette, but in the infancy stage. Someone tried requesting 2 in advance with more than 14 hours in between. That caused major confusion and I requested only one task in advance be made. Please post more on this topic. What do co-ops do when there are 3 different plane options or zoo options.

Hi Hopesville, This is something we've implemented in our co-op too. We only allow reservations on the slow/less popular tasks with a 2hr advance notice limit.

We tried changing the town names but that didn't work so well for us, as we have to communicate in more than one language. So, we now have more co-leaders and can send out messages stating which tasks we would like and in what timeframe. If 2 members what the same task, they will thrash it out beforehand.

The only issue with that I think, is that non-racing members will then receive messages that they don't want/need.

Hopefully, the devs will look at something that we can implement. I still think that a noticeboard would have been ideal for this (along with stating the co-op rules) especially if it could be seen within chat and with the taskboard, but we will have to see whether the devs revisit this.

Hope your system works well for you.

I would love to suggest for Township to allow coop leaders a manual override to uncheck inactive players from "participate in regattas". The player could have fallen ill, in a coma... my point is that the member may have a real reason for not unchecking the box. I do, however, think that most do not understand that checkbox. For instance, I originally thought that checking the box gave me the option to play or not...like a " maybe". Another programming option would be to have a pop up box after the regatta finishes, but well BEFORE the next regatta asking whether you want to play in the next regatta. This would simplify checking and unchecking the participation box, which I had a horrendous time explaining to my coop where it was at.

Great idea Hopesville. This can be implemented. Kepp on swnding it to the Township admin. They will do this.

This is a perfect idea. I think this would work. But we are also a coop with different time zones. If i notice this to my coop members, it will disappear before everyone sees that bcoz our coop members are chatty. They always chat. Usually 30 messages per hour. Also i won't be able to explain this to them. If my idea is did, it will be better easy to do.

How to inform this to the admin of the township? Please help me with this.

My friend code:-PQMXGN
    Town level:- 40
    Co-op:-Penny's
    League:-Goldwn league

Friend list not yet at max. Happy to have u as friend. Hope we will meet in township

Gowsikgd, try doing what Pink said and change your town name to reflect your pre-reservation choice. We are trying it as of today and I think it is an awesome tip. Our group isn't ready for fancy shorthand yet, so I edited my town name to Hopesville-cocoa. Now it is simple and easy to see on message board and under regatta tasks.

As a sidebar, are you saying that the message board only allows 30 messages and clears the previous? Wow, that needs to be changed!!!!! All messages for at least a day (couple of days preferred) should be available to see. I would love a could of weeks. When l joined my coop, I enjoyed reading the message board to get a feel of the members. I just spent a long time explaining regatta task etiquette. If I have to post five messages for each of our members because of the message board limitations I would be outraged and exhausted. Also, some members would appear hostile if you were waiting for group votes and such, and someone disregarded or didn't chime in. I never thought that it might not be their fault, if when they log in they can't even see what's been going on. We are also in different time zones. I love to catch up on the the previous chats so I can stay connected to my group.

Which leads me to the next fix that would make message board so much easier, PLEASE TOWNSHIP give way more letter space in each individual message. Two sentences maximum isn't enough space. That is what really clogs chats and is very frustrating to write and read. I don't know how to read or write text shorthand ( ur,ttyl, etc). Please, pretty please fix as soon as you can...... maybe today

Quote Originally Posted by Hopesville View Post
    Gowsikgd, try doing what Pink said and change your town name to reflect your pre-reservation choice. We are trying it as of today and I think it is an awesome tip. Our group isn't ready for fancy shorthand yet, so I edited my town name to Hopesville-cocoa. Now it is simple and easy to see on message board and under regatta tasks.

As a sidebar, are you saying that the message board only allows 30 messages and clears the previous? Wow, that needs to be changed!!!!! All messages for at least a day (couple of days preferred) should be available to see. I would love a could of weeks. When l joined my coop, I enjoyed reading the message board to get a feel of the members. I just spent a long time explaining regatta task etiquette. If I have to post five messages for each of our members because of the message board limitations I would be outraged and exhausted. Also, some members would appear hostile if you were waiting for group votes and such, and someone disregarded or didn't chime in. I never thought that it might not be their fault, if when they log in they can't even see what's been going on. We are also in different time zones. I love to catch up on the the previous chats so I can stay connected to my group.

Which leads me to the next fix that would make message board so much easier, PLEASE TOWNSHIP give way more letter space in each individual message. Two sentences maximum isn't enough space. That is what really clogs chats and is very frustrating to write and read. I don't know how to read or write text shorthand ( ur,ttyl, etc). Please, pretty please fix as soon as you can...... maybe today ���������������� �

Yes hopesville, that too i need. Post it as a new thread