Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters With Disabilities

Ooh mobility scooters would be great!

I figure LGBT+ could perhaps be a couple women holding hands (not that all women that hold hands are LGB, but it's a representation), or guys, or whatever.

Fellow Brits... Whose was the advert with the guy in hotpants and high heels strutting down the street? Followed up with the builders... That was freakin epic! I wanna say it was a bank? Not that he represents LGBT (although I think he is a part of the community), just... That ad was awesome, lol!

Getting waaaaay off-topic.

But yeah. I do enjoy "townie-watching" from time to time, so it'd be good to see some new ones.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Ooh mobility scooters would be great!

I figure LGBT+ could perhaps be a couple women holding hands (not that all women that hold hands are LGB, but it's a representation), or guys, or whatever.

Fellow Brits... Whose was the advert with the guy in hotpants and high heels strutting down the street? Followed up with the builders... That was freakin epic! I wanna say it was a bank? Not that he represents LGBT (although I think he is a part of the community), just... That ad was awesome, lol!

Getting waaaaay off-topic.

But yeah. I do enjoy "townie-watching" from time to time, so it'd be good to see some new ones.
    I have long wished for a high-speed hover-chair, myself. I'd be a danger, though, with hair in my face, ice cream down my t-shirt, and nary a care for the pedestrians in my path.

The dude was advertising MoneySupermarket, if I'm not mistaken. I loved that ad!

Edit: wasn't it the most complained-about advert in history? Lol
    Last edited by Bessville; 07-21-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I have long wished for a high-speed hover-chair, myself. I'd be a danger, though, with hair in my face, ice cream down my t-shirt, and nary a care for the pedestrians in my path.

The dude was advertising MoneySupermarket, if I'm not mistaken. I loved that ad!

Edit: wasn't it the most complained-about advert in history? Lol
    "Dave, you're so MoneySupermarket", that was it!

Man, that ad was great!

It was seriously complained about???

And we circle right back to "who gets offended over what".
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

"Dave, you're so MoneySupermarket", that was it!

Man, that ad was great!

It was seriously complained about???

And we circle right back to "who gets offended over what".
    Seriously was. I'm the laugh first, then look around to see if I oughta type, meself

Lolz I’d love to see a drag queen in township but let’s be honest their make up is better than half the women so how would we be able to tell. If we’re talking inclusivity I’d love to see a mother with two young boys being all rowdy and her looking somewhere between the last straw F it all because let’s be honest that’s some real world ness right there!
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

God, I loved that ad with the man in hotpants!!!! He was so brilliant i never even noticed what the ad was for lol.

I think the new character should be Bess on her high speed hover chair causing mayhem and sending pedestrians flying Would cheer me up every time I played, that would.

By the way, chairs and scooters dont have the negative connotations for me like they do for some people. Without them I would be stuck indoors alone, so actually they are enabling and let me get out and do normal things. They mean fun and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    Lolz I’d love to see a drag queen in township but let’s be honest their make up is better than half the women so how would we be able to tell. If we’re talking inclusivity I’d love to see a mother with two young boys being all rowdy and her looking somewhere between the last straw F it all because let’s be honest that’s some real world ness right there!
    The ad where the kid's about the throw a tantrum in the supermarket, and mum drops to the floor and starts kicking and screaming for a minute, gets up, gives the kid the world's best "are we done here?" look, and the kid's just stood there with his jaw on the floor in stunned silence.

That woman is my spirit guide.
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

The ad where the kid's about the throw a tantrum in the supermarket, and mum drops to the floor and starts kicking and screaming for a minute, gets up, gives the kid the world's best "are we done here?" look, and the kid's just stood there with his jaw on the floor in stunned silence.

Bahahahaha yeeeees!
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

Oh man, me too. My kids call it the "mummy meltdown" when I lose my s..cool. It's not pretty, but if the shock doesn't stop em the embarassment surely does
    Last edited by Bessville; 07-21-2018 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Sunnyside View Post
    I'd love to see the odd wheelchair user or someone on a mobility scooter, and not just an elderly person on it either. After all, they are very commonplace and not some horrendous reminder of real life.

Asking for some visibly disabled townsfolk is not the thin end of the wedge that ends with every obscure interest group wanting to be represented, so no need to wonder where we draw the line. I think the line would be drawn at what isnt a normal part of ordinary life and what you would see walking down any street in a town. So, yes, hijabs, seeing-eye dogs, wheelchairs, LGBT (although how do they look different from anyone else?). Probably there are loads of disabled people in Township, anyway - you can't tell who is deaf, partially sighted, autistic, artificial limbs etc. Or stuck in bed in one of those hideous high rises.

It's a shame that disability was included in a list of social ills of real life that might not be wanted in TS. Imagine how a sick or disabled player would feel reading that? (and many of us play from our beds or wheelchairs so its not like its a rare thing). Surely we'd all like to see ourselves in our towns.
    I think you make valid points ! I am ok with adding differences, but as you point out some can not be seen ... I think same gender or sam sex couples who our be a start ...
    Mary
    Co-op Peoples Choice #PE4MV6
    Town deadend
    Level 89