Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters With Disabilities

Characters With Disabilities

I would like to see some characters with disabilities roaming the streets and zoo. Characters in wheelchairs, or white cane and dark glasses, or whatever else the creators can come up with.

because...? to do what with them?

Just to have a more inclusive town. As I suggested they can enjoy the town or zoo, wandering about.

wandering around and looking at things, in your suggestions? lol
    I'd be more in favour of dragons, dwarves and faeries, if new inhabitants, than expanding into the real world, but thank you for your explanation!

I second AncientMonster's suggestion. We all want to build beautiful, believable towns and people with disabilities – unlike dragons, dwarves and fairies – are real. And why shouldn't players with disabilities see themselves represented? After all, we have characters with different ethnicities and of all ages in our towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rechberghausen View Post
    I second AncientMonster's suggestion. We all want to build beautiful, believable towns and people with disabilities – unlike dragons, dwarves and fairies – are real.
    That's your right, of course, as it is mine to say: No, *I* don't want to build a believable or real town. Not at all. So, not "we all".
    But my question was not a contradiction initially, so your "Why shouldn't"-question is beside the point, at least as far as it is directed at me.
    AncientMonster had answered my question.

I love the idea of folks with disabilities in the towns. No offense to those who want elves, dragons and such in your towns, but I like my town to at least have the semblance of reality. Besides, we disabled get left out so much! I'd love to see disabled Township characters--perhaps a disabled veteran, a librarian who uses a wheelchair, a blind kid who goes to school with everyone else--you know, ordinary people.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientMonster3917 View Post
    I would like to see some characters with disabilities roaming the streets and zoo. Characters in wheelchairs, or white cane and dark glasses, or whatever else the creators can come up with.
    I must admit, i would like this too. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 162

I love this idea as well!

With the next update hinting at new town characters, I'm hopeful that it's something Playrix could implement in the near feature.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

No, not a fan of this. People are always wanting to inject "reality" into this game. This is a "fantasy" game, not reality and we shouldn't constantly be trying to introduce our pet social activism into it.

People with disabilities.
    People who are criminals.
    People who are homeless and/or begging.
    People who are addicts.
    People who have mental illness.
    People who are depressed and/or suicidal.

All of these would make for a "more inclusive" and realistic town.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)