Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add a Campground and or Mountainous Ski Resort Area

Add a Campground and or Mountainous Ski Resort Area

Please consider adding a link (Northwest corner of the zoo, by the lake and mountains) to either a campground and or a ski resort area, or combine the two. Allowing for players to create/build:

1. Individual camping spots starting out with buying a tent upgradeable to a camper upgradeable to a cabin upgradeable to a Bed & Breakfast, upgradeable to a chalet, and ultimately, upgradeable to a Ski Resort Hotel.

2. Outbuildings of a variety of working "factories" and "community buldings".
    * A timed boat/paddle boat rental with launch for sending boats out to "fish" and come back with fish to sell or use to make products to sell.
    * A fish cleaning station where they are cleaning fish, taking selfies with their prize catch (nothing spectacular, just a community building like in the township proper.)
    * A bait and tackle/fishing license shop (nothing spectacular, just a community building like in the township proper.)
    * A fire tower (nothing spectacular, just a community building like in the township proper.)
    * A ranger's station (nothing spectacular, just a community building like in the township proper.)
    * A search and rescue station (nothing spectacular, just a community building like in the township proper.)
    * Several toilet/shower houses for the campers (nothing spectacular, just a community building like in the township proper.)
    * A nature center (nothing spectacular, just a community building like in the township proper.)
    * A sports equipment rental shop (nothing spectacular, just a community building like in the township proper.)
    * A timed hiking/foraging trail(s) where players pay a small fee to hike in and bring back mushrooms, firewood, herbs, hand-crafting items like pinecones, bird's nests, etc. all of which could either be sold as is or used to make other items in the factories, either to ultimately sell or accumulate to send on trains, the Regatta, the plane, etc.
    * A Factory Shop which sells products like coffee and hot chocolate, and snacks obtained in the activities above, or which makes the finished products mentioned above, for players to sell.
    * A Factory (ies) which uses the foraged, field and animal products to make finished products to sell, eg. Chili, S'mores, fireroasted hotdogs, etc.
    * A timed ski lift where players engage other players, like in the Regatta, competing to produce the specialty products from this side othe the railroad tracks.

I'm pretty sure you're getting the idea, run with this, have fun. Add or subtract as you feel it is necessary, of course. Thank you for your time and consideration in this project/idea.

With utmost respect and sincerity, a Player with ideas, Lol.

Wow Wendy, you really put a lot of thought into this suggestion. It's pretty cool. A whole new area to explore and expand and develop. I'd like to hear some folks chime in to see how it fleshes out. It would also seem to be the perfect place for the "Fishing Game" folks would like to see become permanent.

Keep those ideas coming Wendy, you've got a knack for it.

I loooooove. It's like a mini Twin Peaks occurring in the game.

Especially enjoy the idea of a foraging trail.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Clearly you've put a lot of thought into this and I commend you, however I don't think any of it is necessary or fits in with township. All of your suggestions seem too "touristy".

For example, why would we need a search and rescue tower, a bathroom, ranger station, upgradable camping spots, ski lifts, factory shop that sells coffee, hot chocolate or snacks, etc? Who's going to use them? Our town folks who use nothing or the tourists who also use nothing? The only "interactive" elements to township that are necessary are the factories and crops used for us to make products to sell to make "money" to build and improve our towns....not for our town folks to use or intract with.

Also I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have enough room in my town as it is for current factories, buildings, houses, etc. Where am going to get the room for new unnessary things? And all that you suggest sounds like it would cost a lot of money (tcash and coins). How many players can afford unnessary things like you suggest when they can't even afford the factories and community buildings they actually need? Not to mention the building supplies they're going to need to build the things when they have enough trouble trying to get the supplies they need for community buildings and expansion tools already?

Like I said, great ideas, I just don't think any of it would be feasible with all the problems we're already having with space, building supplies and tools and coins/tcash, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Akila View Post
    Clearly you've put a lot of thought into this and I commend you, however I don't think any of it is necessary or fits in with township. All of your suggestions seem too "touristy".

For example, why would we need a search and rescue tower, a bathroom, ranger station, upgradable camping spots, ski lifts, factory shop that sells coffee, hot chocolate or snacks, etc? Who's going to use them? Our town folks who use nothing or the tourists who also use nothing? The only "interactive" elements to township that are necessary are the factories and crops used for us to make products to sell to make "money" to build and improve our towns....not for our town folks to use or intract with.

Also I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have enough room in my town as it is for current factories, buildings, houses, etc. Where am going to get the room for new unnessary things? And all that you suggest sounds like it would cost a lot of money (tcash and coins). How many players can afford unnessary things like you suggest when they can't even afford the factories and community buildings they actually need? Not to mention the building supplies they're going to need to build the things when they have enough trouble trying to get the supplies they need for community buildings and expansion tools already?

Like I said, great ideas, I just don't think any of it would be feasible with all the problems we're already having with space, building supplies and tools and coins/tcash, etc.
    Space-wise, I'm pretty sure they meant that it'd be a separate place like the zoo. A tourist theme would work well for a brand new area (maybe it's where town members go for vacation?).

While things are already tough trying to balance town and zoo needs, I think long-time/higher-level players would enjoy a new challenge (particularly if they don't care for the zoo).
    Last edited by Amoria; 03-27-2017 at 12:46 AM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Oh Amoria darling, you're playing my song . . . "Particularly if they don't care for the Zoo." LOL!
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Space-wise, I'm pretty sure they meant that it'd be a separate place like the zoo. A tourist theme would work well for a brand new area (maybe it's where town members go for vacation?).

While things are already tough trying to balance town and zoo needs, I think long-time/higher-level players would enjoy a new challenge (particularly if they don't care for the zoo).
    I am a long time/higher level player and I hate the zoo. It takes forever to level up and it it too hard to get resources to build, particularly boards. The zoo takes time, money (coins/tcash), gems, products and resources away from the town as well. This would be the same thing. Still not interested.

I love the idea especially if they have the fishing game included. It really doesn't cost anything to play the game if you just have patience. I find it's easiest for me to have patience if I'm able to interact with the game in a different way when I become aggravated with one part of the game like the regattas, the trains, planes, the zoo, etc. There are times when all I feel like doing is just rearranging my town or zoo. I've spent time in the zoo just watching the little animals do the repetitive behaviors as a way to relax. Today I went to take down my Chinese new year decorations to put in storage and realized the tree lights up when I touch it which I didn't know before so instead I fixed the whole Chinese new year area up and I'm going to keep it for a while longer. Regardless the more opportunity to do something different is what makes Township so marvelous.

I think a campground would be cool...i like the idea of starting with a tent and upgrading from there...tent, pop-up/small trailer, larger trailer, fifth-wheel trailer, small motor home, large motor home but stop there...have the ability to expand the amount of sites...maybe start with 3 snd expand to 12 with the ability to sell off the campers and motor homes in the future.

Just found this thread, think this is a lovely addition. Has it been implemented? If so where can I find this? I've opened my zoo. Do I need to completely expand it first? As a graphic designer I've found few glitches, but as a whole this is one of the best games out.