Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrated with lowly Level 47. Advise, please. Developers, please take note!

Glad to hear, good luck on level 77

Help please. Stuck on this level for weeks now.

Online videos don't seem to be much help. It's hard for me to pick out a strategy on them other than luck on a lot of them. Also power-ups at the beginning of the game seem to be of almost no help. Why put them right at the top? It's almost like you're forced to use them right away. There have been several times when they were the only move to be had. And the Official gardenscapes YouTube channel is a joke. There should be videos replaying all the useful info from the game such as all the tips you get on power-ups in the first few levels. There should be videos showing all the different ways you can form the various power-ups. There isn't much tutorial info out there. I've never seen that on a game site or YouTube channel. When I play a game like FarmVille, there is information on top of information on top of information

And I agree that a lot of the walk-thrus show guys starting off with easy matches in thier first 4 or 5 moves.

From what I can tell the best option is to try save blasts for multi-blasts as much as possible or at least if they can be used most effectively. Work from the bottom if you can. Try to setup your moves in a way that knock out as many obstacles in one move as you can such as chains, nice, and blocks. It might be worth it to save a rainbow blast until you get more of a certain tile on the board. Some areas you know might be problematic for example gnomes in corners. Be wary of those
    Last edited by Sonic98; 03-31-2017 at 07:28 PM.

There not so much walk-through's as they are just plain old victories. There's no way to know how many times that had to play the level before they succeeded. You can't write a walk-through per say since so much of it does rely on a little luck. But what you can do is focus on the areas or things that are going to be the most challenging to accomplish and shoot to clear those things first. What you can do to make each level a little easier is focus on generating power-ups, paying attention to how fast rainbow blast charges (it varies every level, some require only a few detonations to charge rainbow blast, some require a boatload). Notice how many different items you're dealing with (is it just 4 fruits? is it 6 fruits and acorns and moles and lemonade glasses). Are there tricky areas to access that can only be reached with a power-up? Do boxes contain extra moves? Are their warps that cycle different items to different places? What are the goals of the level? Do you actually need to clear all the honey? Do you need to destroy all the iced fruits? How many gnomes do you have to uncover? Can you locate them all quickly enough to make your last 10 moves count? Does the level have fireworks? Let them do the work. Is that move you're about to make going to accomplish anything useful?

All of these questions will change how you approach and play each level. There is plenty of strategy to be had even when you need a little luck to eek out a win. As for boosters, don't rely on them to make the level a guaranteed win. Most of the time they'll start in the absolute worst locations, so only use a booster if you really know you can take advantage of it, no matter where it lands. Shovels on the other hand are worth their weight in gold. Save them for the last second win. Buying 5 extra moves will often go much further that any of the boosters. And as for a good start, I've said it before in other threads but you can absolutely exit a level and restart it without losing a life if you don't make any moves. Start a level, look at the board, is the board awful? Exit out, restart. Does the board have a power-up ready to go? Might be worth going for it. Sometimes restarting the level 9 or 10 times is what it will take to get the board starting that you feel is the most beneficial. And some times, you can start with boosters and great board and things still won't go your way. You can't have the sweet without the sour, it's what makes every victory so damn tasty.

Holy smokes! I'm not having issues on that level but this is the first useful post I've read. I already employ some of your strategies but you taught me some new tricks.

It took me a long time to learn how handy two rainbow blasts next to each other can be. Recharging the rainbow blasts is one of the most useful strategies I've learned - and exchanging them can give you a serious advantage in any game.