Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improve storage of game products

Improve storage of game products

Create a warehouse for building materials, and get them out of the barn. Ore is stored elsewhere; so should bldg materials be. Pretty please!

I agree my fellow Townie!

Sorry but this has been asked thousands of time in the last 3 years and the devs ruled it out. See the link in my signature for more rejected ideas.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

If its been asked thousands of tikes then maybe they should listen to their players. Its time for them to figure it out. Maybe hire a coder that isn't afraid to make it happen. This game platform may be small but its doable and couple be easier than one wants to admit. My son is a coder on a very large platform and he says that even on a small one its possible but can be frustrating. Good luck in getting this figured out and maybe not shooting this idea down completely since its asked so often.

Pamela, it doesn't sound as if you read the Dev's post in Graylady's signature, or with the willingness to understand. It's not that they don't know how to program the code for it.

As an old software developer and gamer from the original days of "Spacewar" and "Adventure", I sometimes reflect on the current trend in video games where you apparently carry around a backpack of infinite capacity. You can kill metal lifeforms to your hearts content and pick up old gears and parts and find treasures and crystals and other items that help you complete some side quest. Not once does the pack get heavy and slow you down nor does the game tell you that your inventory is full and you have to drop something. I suppose this is convenient for the "hack and slash" crowd where speed, agility, and swinging glowing swords get you through the game. I see that one of the major hit titles this year (and I shouldn't mention its name due to forum rules but in involves automation of some sort ) contains 20 hours of game play. 20 whole hours!

Township isn't like that. You can't burn your way through this game. It takes planning, discipline, and patience. Resource management is an important part of the game and deciding what items to keep in the backpack (barn) and which to forego is part of the game play. This isn't something to be done in 20 hours and then take the game back to the store for credit against the next button masher. This is a game you play for years. Personally, I'm nearing my 500th consecutive day of play. Compared to others on this forum, I'm still a newbie

Yes, there are people out there who spend T-Cash like it grows on trees, speeding up production, rushing tasks, all in the name of instant gratification. There can be times when judicious use of T-Cash can be beneficial or to help you correct some mistake like putting the wrong thing in the production queue, use T-Cash to speed it up to completion, think of that as "Cancel with Benefits" (you get to keep the item). But you can also play this game without burning T-Cash.

Game balance is meant to keep the various aspects of the game in some sort of equilibrium or harmony to continue the game play as the designers intended. Often the question asked when changes are requested is not "how hard is it to implement?" but "should it be implemented?" Does it harm the intent of the game play.

You have tons of land for expansion yet you only have 115 fields for crops. Which do I plant, how many fields should I plant, how long does it take to grow, is there room in the barn when I harvest it.

How hard would it be for the developers to give us more fields?

Why can't I expand my ships to hold more cargo than just 3 of each item?

Why can't I have separate barns / sheds / silos for the various items I have to have?

Tradeoffs and Strategy are part of this game, a lot of people enjoy that aspect as would probably lose interest if the game became too easy. I enjoy deciding if I should drop the rod with the rusty star on the end so that the shiny plover's egg will fit in my backpack. I can always come back and pick it up later, if the thief doesn't find it first

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela LaMarche Wedum View Post
    If its been asked thousands of tikes then maybe they should listen to their players. Its time for them to figure it out. Maybe hire a coder that isn't afraid to make it happen. This game platform may be small but its doable and couple be easier than one wants to admit. My son is a coder on a very large platform and he says that even on a small one its possible but can be frustrating. Good luck in getting this figured out and maybe not shooting this idea down completely since its asked so often.
    They know how to do it, but they're not going to do it. Managing your products and space to store those products is part if the game. If they give everyone unlimited storage it takes away the challenge and makes the game too easy and boring. The game is about strategy and patience.

Thank you Charles for a very interesting post comparing the different game style. I tried other games similar to Township before finding it. They were mostly about collecting, collecting, collecting and following the imposed script. I got bored very fast.

I am at 1158 consecutives days (thousands of hours) in Township because I love the challenge. Planning and decision making are the fabric of this game. The core being managing the barn, whatever it's size.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

1158 days? Cripes, I'm at 126 and thought that was a lot.
    We are a team of a few good people who are in the golden league!

Name: You can call me Bob
    My Co-Op: Teamwork (#E3ESY7 - http://bit.ly/CoOpRules)
    My Town: Schitt's Creek
    Friend Code: 6TTK54
    Operating system: Android

I agree this game is about strategy and patience and creativity. I am a very impatient person. I feel like this game helps me be more patient in life from having to be so patient playing this game. When I first started playing I wished everything would go faster. Now I'm finding some things take even longer and I'm glad because if they went faster I would've already conquered this game and moved on like with so many other games. I haven't missed a day playing this game since the first day I tried it. I hit 500 days not too long ago.