Thread: Corn dog with olives!

Corn dog with olives!

Why do we need olives to make a corn dog? There are no olives in corn dogs! Having to use olives is ridiculous! I can see needing a tree, for the wood for the stick, in the US we also call corn dogs hot dog on a stick! But having to us olives is just plain ridiculous.

There surely is some odd food and drink in this game - 'grape fizz' with egg? rice casserole with bacon?

Personally I think the olives are just there to torment us.

By the way, is coney dog a real thing in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Gylzcy View Post
    There surely is some odd food and drink in this game - 'grape fizz' with egg? rice casserole with bacon?

Personally I think the olives are just there to torment us.

By the way, is coney dog a real thing in the US?
    Bacon goes with everything....lol

Is the Coney Dog real? Yes. Here is a link to an article about the origins of it. The link is at The Smithsonian Mag.com

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...ory-180959659/

Interesting - but now I'm wondering where the bacon and cheese come in! Must be another Township special...
    Last edited by Gylzcy; 03-20-2017 at 10:28 AM.

I think the olives are for oil to cook it in - olive oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedcat View Post
    Why do we need olives to make a corn dog? There are no olives in corn dogs! Having to use olives is ridiculous! I can see needing a tree, for the wood for the stick, in the US we also call corn dogs hot dog on a stick! But having to us olives is just plain ridiculous.
    because we don't need sugar for cookies or wheat for cupcakes, meat for cheeseburgers, because the programmers studied computer science not culinary arts.

Township: Pixlesticks

Quote Originally Posted by Speedcat View Post
    This could well be an Easter egg?

There's "that other farming game" out there that strangely enough also uses olive oil in it's corn dogs, I found out because a forum thread concerning the matter pops up as well as this thread when I google the words corn dog olive oil. Perhaps the ingredient choice here has been inspired by that other game?

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    because we don't need sugar for cookies or wheat for cupcakes, meat for cheeseburgers, because the programmers studied computer science not culinary arts.
    Lol, definitely, they also make fries of cream and tomatoes

Or 5 eggs required for one cupcake, lol! I think of it as just one of the funny quirks about this game. It can be frustrating though since it is harder to get olives and then you rarely get more than two. I use the dealer to buy either more olives (but you never get very many from him of any island product) or buy more corndogs once in a while.