Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancel Button

Cancel Button

I'm sure I'm going to get beat up for posting this, since I am SURE it has been requested a thousand times before...But I don't think it can be reiterated enough! This game NEEDS a cancel button(s)!!! You should be able to cancel items in the production queues! I am fine with loosing any items you used to make it, just let me cancel it! I think you should even be able to cancel what you are currently making (in which case I would definitely think you would loose your items). You should be able to cancel your crops...I mean, what farmer can't plow over a field??? We should be able to recall our ships too. I understand having a penalty associated with the action but it should be allowed!

BTW first time poster! And freaking AWESOME game guys! You rock! Thanks!
    EdsVox of VoxVille (EVQ3ME) iOS

Sorry, just read the post where it says this can't be done... But I am a programmer myself and one thing I know about programming is that there is nothing you CANNOT do! It is just code. I would like to understand what the giant hurdle to implementing a cancel button is? I really can't imagine it would be that hard.

If folks don't mind losing the raw materials used to start the production of the "now unwanted" item, then implement "Cancel" as a "Speed up production for 0 T-Cash and discard item instead of putting it directly into the barn". Voila.

or as we used to say, "it's a mere matter of programming"

Hi EdsVox: Welcome to the Forum. If you substitute "can't be done" with "won't be done" you will get closer to the Developers' reasoning.

This is a strategy game among many other attributes and hurdles. You must think your actions through, try to plan accordingly, and sometimes be frustrated by your best laid plans. If we could correct our mistakes or bad planning in queuing up products and planting crops, where would the challenge be? We would always have the upper hand in the game and never fail. I don't think this is what the Developers had in mind.
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

I agree with Nana. This game requires patience. Something I never really had. After playing the game for over a year I feel I am learning patients. It's what I like most about the game. I have other games I've played that have cancel buttons. Guess what, I play them far less than this game. The sheer difficulty of the game is part of what makes it so much fun.

I won't argue it makes it more challenging but I don't believe it would lose that much by adding this simple change...But I am definitely a "newb" so I guess I will suck it up and try to play within the bounds of the game's structure without whining. I personally think it would be FUNNER were I able to cancel production/crops/ships but maybe I will change my mind over time. In the meantime I guess I will just try and get into the practice of just not using the production queues at all. Just make things when you need them and problem solved. I guess. 😐

When I first started playing the game I was confused as to why that is not available as well but as Nana and others have pointed out this game is a strategy game and pre-setting your production queues is part of what is needed to succeed.

Don't be afraid to use the production slots within each factory, each has 6, that allow for more items to be available on hand but not in inventory. If you don't use the production queues at all then you'll constantly be waiting for things to finish "cooking" if you will and then you'll always be behind. You need to be proactive if you want to keep the game flowing. It took me a while to get used to it but I'm getting better at playing smarter, not harder, as they say!

When they did it, everybody use factories like more storage. Think please, you can fill sugar factory's all production capacity. when their production finished the factory says you "You have no more capacity to produce something". Then you can put something to produce. I mean you can put too much sugar canes to sugar factory. The factory won't have any blank space so sugars never will be produced until you collected the products. So you can cancel the production and take back the sugar canes when you need them. I think its cheat. So I don't support the "canceling produce" idea 😕

And you can be ok with losing items but I think other ones won't support it. They will say "I cancelled production accidentally and I lost my goods. I want them back!". You can wish something but you have to think about the things that will happen when your wishes become true 😕

But that is sort of the point...To keep people from abusing the "cancel" option, so they wouldn't just use it for storage...It would get costly if you had to sacrifice the raw materials every time you canceled an order in the queue but sometimes it would be worth it. And I am not sure how it is extra storage when it hasn't even been created yet!

I have been playing a while now and still think this would improve the game, not make it worse. I would settle for a minute timer to allow you to cancel items or crops just queued/planted...I have large fingers and play exclusively on a phone, so I make a lot of mistakes. I just don't see where this would detract from the game's strategy. If anything, I would think it would add to the strategy to be able to move items around in your production queues.

If nothing else, I should be able to replow a field. I can't see how that would abused and would allow me to correct crops I accidentally plant, which happens, sadly, more frequently than I would like to admit.