Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumping Tasks and Penalties (Merged Thread)

Question Dumping Tasks and Penalties (Merged Thread)

Hi Folks,

Our Co-op races (Gold Group) and I wanted to know how the dumping of tasks affects your overall score/points.

We have a variety of Levels within our Co-op so we usually keep tasks under 120. At the most, we might dump around 50 throughout the Regatta. Any more we were concerned it would really affect our points/score.

Thanks,

Banned
    It only affects your Global score

Dumping tasks only affects the leader board ranking but it does help wining the race.in my coop i dump all tasks under 135 and i won 11 golden sails so far

Hi Jan and Boubed,

Thanks for the info.

Therefore, you would move up the Global Leader Board a little slower? But dumping many tasks wouldn't affect your current race?

How does it affect your Coop if players do not race and/or they do not turn off "not racing" in settings?

Thanks,

The penalty for dumped tasks only affects your global leaderboard score. So, if you don't care about making the leaderboard, then you needn't worry about the penalty for dumped tasks (PDT).

The PDT, is determined by dividing the number of dumped tasks by the number of players. Idk how many players are on your team, but let's say you have 5 players and you dump 50 tasks, that's 50÷5=10. Giving you a PDT of 10.

Again, Idk how many players you have, but only dumping 50 tasks is pretty low. But if you're doing tasks at 120 points that's also pretty low and if you are truly looking to get on leaderboard you need to do higher valued tasks than that. But, again if you don't care about the global leaderboard then you don't need to worry about PDT or the value of the tasks you play. If you just want to win the race, you only need to care about the value of the tasks you take.

Lastly, if you want to be successful, no one on your team should ever not race and not opt out. It's a huge no-no. Your score is determined by the # of points you score divided by the # of players. Additionally you race against other teams with the same number of racers. That would cause you to be racing against teams with more players and you'd never have the ability to score what they score.

Question Regatta - How To's

Hi GamingGirl,

Many thanks for such a clear description of how it works.

What about players not completing tasks - incomplete or they have dumped them after picking them?

We have a mixture of players from Levels 26 to 65 (29 members). Few are experienced but have put forth a very good effort the last few weeks. We moved from the silver to the gold group. Of course, we're playing against teams that have players with Levels of over 100. But we were able to come in 9th overall.

Is this common whereby the system puts us up against these high level teams?

Thanks,

Hi,
    With a big team of 29 players you're going to be pitted against teams with players of all levels. The only constant is that you'll have the same # of racers.

If you want to be successful, players need to complete their tasks and no one should ever select a task and then dump it. That's another big no-no as they cannot make up that task and those points are lost.

Since you guys are newer and lower leveled, my advice to you is to not concern yourself with the leaderboard. Focus first on winning. When you master that, then you can concern yourself with the leaderboard.

I'd encourage you to challenge your team to do the max number of tasks or at least as close as possible. Raise the value of the tasks you take to 128 and up and don't concern yourself with dumping. Dump all lower valued tasks and all tasks like trains and planes that take too long. If you do that, you will begin to place much higher than #9.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingGirl View Post
    Again, Idk how many players you have, but only dumping 50 tasks is pretty low. But if you're doing tasks at 120 points that's also pretty low and if you are truly looking to get on leaderboard you need to do higher valued tasks than that.
    I always thought that I dumped too many tasks until this post. We only have 9 members in our co-op right now but I dumped about 25 tasks by myself. Would you say the tasks should be a minimum of 135 to stay in golden league?

If you want to win, consistently in golden league, you should do only 135 point tasks and do them in a timely manner. Many teams are racing perfect now, so it's the team that does it first that gets first place.

If you have 9 members and are only dumping 25 tasks, that's an extremely low PDT of 2.7 points. But low PDT only matters for leaderboard. And if you're not heading for the leaderboard, don't bother with not dumping tasks. You can dump all you want and still win first place.

Again, for newer teams still learning, you should learn how to consistently finish in the top 3 before you worry about dumping tasks and the leaderboard.

Thank you! I've left my co-op now but I will keep this in mind in future.