Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Township cash gift cards to gift friends

  1. #1

    Township cash gift cards to gift friends

    The ability to buy township cash for friends or coop members would be good for you developers, for us as friends and for those who receive the gift. Just lime valentines day gifts. I have a friend who cant afford to buy cash, and i would like to buy it for her. Farmtown does this.

  2. #2
    I have no interest in giving Tcash to anonymous strangers in an online game, and i doubt many others would either. This would leave too much room for abuse and scamming.

  3. #3
    I would suggest sending her an iTunes giftcard or cash giftcard, rather than to do it through the game. This way you can make sure it goes to her and that she will also have receipt for her t-cash use incase she get accidentally caught in anti-cheater system.

    Like Akila said, it leaves too much room for abuse. Some big t-cash spenders already get requests from random people asking/begging to send them t-cash just because they have seen the decorations, etc in their towns.
    Town Name: Lazyville
    Co-op: The Golden Yacht Club
    Level: 74, iPad (iOS)
    Status: Saving up for a down feather factory

    Gardenscapes Level: 878

  4. #4
    I disagree. A Township card would be only used for Township. Who is going to scam you for that. But a cash credit card?? Definitely. I think it would be a great idea, especially for
    co-ops.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Akila View Post
    I have no interest in giving Tcash to anonymous strangers in an online game, and i doubt many others would either. This would leave too much room for abuse and scamming.
    I agree, I don't either.

    The only way I would do this is if we could spend tcoins to purchase a "Township Gift Card" - but even then...that would have to be put in balance. Every so many tcoins = so much tcash.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

  6. #6
    Did you notice that this thread is from 2017? at least the OP hasn't been here for a while.

    Anyway, the suggestion was made more often than in this one thread, and mostly met disagreeing opinions, on the fact per se of giving tcash, which requires real money involved.
    Ppl felt they had to reciprocate, when they can't or don't want to spend real money; parents might have disabled the ability to use money on their kids' devices and were worried about avoidance possibility (? Umgehungsmöglichkeit); and of course, it opens possibilities to scams.
    As Akila said some years ago already.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Did you notice that this thread is from 2017? at least the OP hasn't been here for a while.

    Anyway, the suggestion was made more often than in this one thread, and mostly met disagreeing opinions, on the fact per se of giving tcash, which requires real money involved.
    Ppl felt they had to reciprocate, when they can't or don't want to spend real money; parents might have disabled the ability to use money on their kids' devices and were worried about avoidance possibility (? Umgehungsmöglichkeit); and of course, it opens possibilities to scams.
    As Akila said some years ago already.
    (....turns around...ready for swift kick...) Doh!

    Lol...I was responding to the new post to the thread.

    Maybe deleting or locking certain posts that are, say, older than 2yrs would be beneficial. Then we can start all over with the same thoughts..again.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    ...Lol...I was responding to the new post to the thread.
    I know - I was talking to you both, so to speak

    ]Then we can start all over with the same thoughts..again.
    yeah, great idea. And so new! lol

    well, it isn't forbidden, neither to revive old stuff nor to repost the same stuff. (alas) The forum could be a bit more giving directions for new users, as a possibility; just happened to be in one today, where a quasi-tunnel lead to some things one had to read and get to know first, no choices! *G*

  9. #9
    This was presented before and I still don't agree with it. The reason is when people gift me TCash for real money, I feel I should repay the favor. In that case, I would be no different than buying cash, which I do not do.

    So my opinion is no.

    Best Regards,
    Ethan
    Ethan | Township Wiki Fandom
    Town Name: StarVille - Invitation Code: 88USK5
    Co-op: Starville Extreme (I am Admin, by request, Co-op Code: #SKC6HU)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •