Thread: Having trouble syncing iPhone and iPad garden

Having trouble syncing iPhone and iPad garden

I started playing Gardenscapes on my iPad about a month or so ago and realized that many people were playing the same game on multiple devices.

I know that the facebook game is standalone, but I still can't connect my two iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) even though they are synced to the same facebook account. My iPad game is at level 144 but even when I sync my iphone to my fb account, my iphone game starts from the beginning.

Help?
    Town Name: Lazyville
    Co-op: The Golden Yacht Club
    Level: 77, iPad (iOS)

Gardenscapes Level: 878

This is happening so often and the reason why I use to recommend not to trust in facebook only for backups and syncing.
    Are you logged in in your Game Center?
    Best regards
    Co-op:....
    Coop Tag:.

Town: .....Missy's
    Code: ..… B4SA8E
    Level: .....Town 140, Zoo 45
    System:...iOS on iPad Pro
    Started:...July 2016

Pathes are made by walking

No, I am not! BRB, GONNA TRY THAT OUT

Update: Nope, no dice...still have to start over on iphone TT
    Last edited by Lazyville; 03-12-2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: update

I have t problem of synchronizing iPhone and Facebook game. On FB I am level 324 and on iPhone I had to start from beginning, even if I am connected with FB.

Indira, I think FB games can't be synced with other accounts. FB is a standalone game. Games can only be synced only between devices of same system (ex: iOS to iOS, android to android).

I believe this was mentioned in the sticky thread:
    How to synchronize your Facebook and mobile game
    Unfortunately, at the moment it's impossible to sync the game on PC and a mobile device. Currently your game progress can only be synced between Android, Amazon or iOS devices, and the Facebook version is completely standalone.
    We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. We’re also glad to let you know that the developers are currently working on this feature, so stay tuned!
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...nd-mobile-game

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you are talking about a facebook game; thought you meant the facebook connection to backup.
    Best regards

Missy's, I'm not talking about the FB game, lol haven't touched it/haven't played it on facebook ever. I've only ever played it on my iPad and I want to play it on my iPhone (BUT my fb account is connected to my iPad and iPhone so I can send lives to my 1 gardenscape friend who plays on FB lmao)..

LOL I THINK I MADE IT EVEN MORE CONFUSING srry

If you can't sync two ios devices, you should contact support, they will sync them for you. At least they synced my ios and android

Ok, then I understood right with my first answer.
    You cannot sync anymore now because your iPhone created a new Gardenscape:
    I know that the facebook game is standalone, but I still can't connect my two iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) even though they are synced to the same facebook account. My iPad game is at level 144 but even when I sync my iphone to my fb account, my iphone game starts from the beginning.
    Just to make clear: If you sync your iPad and your iPhone it means your Apple ID is the same on both devices, all devices' data are mirrored.
    The mistake here had been you have not been logged in in your Game Center what is the cloud for your games. Obviously the facebook backup failed (like it often does, facebook alone is NO SAFE SOURCE FOR BACKUPS!)
    So when you installed the Game app without having saved your iPad game via your Game Center it meant the App got no existing data for your existing game, and right because of this it created a NEW Gardenscape.
    This for you now means you have to different data, so you need a factory reset at your iPhone because you must get rid of the new game's data as the game does not allow two different with one device respective one ID.

Do like this:
    Ensure you are logged in in your Game Center on your iPad, then play your game a little bit, you need some action to activate the Game Center backup. Then make a complete backup of your iPad via the iCloud menu in your general device settings.
    After you did this reset your iPhone, then restore it from your iPad.
    After done activate your Game Center account on your Phone. Remember, same Apple ID like your iPad!
    After done then install (in case it is not already done by the backup) and start the Gardensacpe App on your Phone.
    NOW the app will get the Game Center data and you have your game identical on both devices.

For the future:
    To sync your both devices properly all times without any server delay: Activate "Handoff" in your device settings, you find it in the main menu under [General]. This ensures you will have no sync delay even when you switch between your devices without closing the game on that device you are leaving.

Good luck, if you have any further questions come back and I will try to help.
    Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyville View Post
    Missy's, I'm not talking about the FB game, lol haven't touched it/haven't played it on facebook ever. I've only ever played it on my iPad and I want to play it on my iPhone (BUT my fb account is connected to my iPad and iPhone so I can send lives to my 1 gardenscape friend who plays on FB lmao)..LOL I THINK I MADE IT EVEN MORE CONFUSING srry
    Ok, then I understood right with my first answer.
    Just to make clear in understanding: If you wanna sync your iPad and your iPhone it means your Apple ID must be the same on both devices; in case you need different Apple IDs on one device you can't sync.

Ok, so let's work out your issue:
    You cannot sync anymore now because your iPhone created a new Gardenscape.
    The mistake here had been you have not been logged in in your Game Center what is the cloud to transfer your games to all devices with same IDs.
    Obviously the facebook backup failed (like it often does, facebook alone is NO SAFE SOURCE FOR BACKUPS!), so when you installed the Game app without having saved your iPad game via your Game Center it then meant the later installed/started App (on your Phone then) didn' receive any existing data to transfer your original game from your iPad to your iPhone.
    Right because of this the newer app on your phone then created a new, virgin Gardenscape.

This now means you need a factory reset on your iPhone because you have two different data packages; you must get rid of the newer game's data (as the game does not allow two different with one device respective one ID) to be able to transfer the older.

Do like this:
    Ensure you are logged in in your Game Center on your iPad, then play your original game a little bit to activate the Game Center backup.
    Next backup your complete iPad via the iCloud menu in your general device settings.
    After you did this reset your iPhone, then restore it by chosing the done backup from your iPad (remember to rename your iPhone in your settings later, the backup will transfer the iPad's name.)
    After done this: Activate your Game Center account on your Phone. Remember, same Apple ID like your iPad!
    After done this: Install (in case it is not already done by the backup) and start the Gardensacpe App on your Phone.
    NOW the game app will get the Game Center data from your iPad and will transfer them to your Phone so you will have your original game on both devices.

Additionally:
    To sync your game between both devices properly all times without any server delay: Activate "Handoff" in your device settings, you find it in the main menu under [General]. This ensures you will have no sync delay even when you switch the game between your devices without closing it on that device you are leaving.

Good luck, if you have any further questions come back and I will try to help.
    Last edited by Missy's; 03-17-2017 at 02:11 AM. Reason: typo
    Best regards