Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Common Issue: Game Won't Connect To Facebook

  1. #1

    Common Issue: Game Won't Connect To Facebook

    Hello, I am having issues connecting my fb to ts. Awhile back I connected a fb account to township (through using my iphone) but now I created a new fb account and would like to link my game app on my phone to the new fb account.

    On my phone, I click on the clog, click on the fb button which disconnects me and the fb button (in the game) turns red. I click on it again (in hopes to connect using a different fb sign in) but instead of giving me a page where I can sign in it just tells me I have already authorized township (through fb) and gives me the option to cancel or hit ok. Both options bring me back to the game and I am connected again through fb (but its the wrong fb account). How can I connect my game to the new fb account?

    Another issue - is it possible for me to change my username here on Playrix? I would like change my username to the same name I am using in the game so people recognize me...

    Thanks for reading and your help!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach14fc View Post
    Hello, I am having issues connecting my fb to ts. Awhile back I connected a fb account to township (through using my iphone) but now I created a new fb account and would like to link my game app on my phone to the new fb account.

    On my phone, I click on the clog, click on the fb button which disconnects me and the fb button (in the game) turns red. I click on it again (in hopes to connect using a different fb sign in) but instead of giving me a page where I can sign in it just tells me I have already authorized township (through fb) and gives me the option to cancel or hit ok. Both options bring me back to the game and I am connected again through fb (but its the wrong fb account). How can I connect my game to the new fb account?

    Another issue - is it possible for me to change my username here on Playrix? I would like change my username to the same name I am using in the game so people recognize me...

    Thanks for reading and your help!
    Hi Rach14fc,

    Maybe you would like to try the following steps:

    1. Disconnect your game from FB
    2. Open your old FB account you would like to disconnect. Go to your settings, in the left navigation bar click on “Apps” -> delete the Township app/disconnect
    3. Log-out and open your new FB account you would like to connect
    4. Open your game again and connect to FB again



    As for the change of your profile name I think this is not possible (not sure though). But you could add your town name to your signature to help people to recognize you.

    Hope this helps.
    Town: Lea's Town
    Level: 118, Zoo Level 45
    Playing on iOS
    Co-op: Sláinte mhaith, Co-op tag: #SD74RR
    FB: https://m.facebook.com/leas.town.75

  3. #3
    Thanks Lea I tried and and it seems to have worked but can't for sure see what account it is logging into. I would think getting friends will then confirm if it work... unless you can think or another way?

    I am also trying to see how to go about connecting friends from fb with ts. Do I just give my code? I think there were a forum about this... will have to check it out to figure this out.

    Thanks again

  4. #4
    Hi there

    There are several settings to disable the permission. If your old fb account still exists you need to go to the fb "settings", then choose "apps", there you see the Township button with a cross beneath you have to click to delete. If you use fb via the safari browser as well as via the fb app you have to do this on both if you are logged in with both. Additionally you may need to go to your phone settings to undescribe from some more permissions, one of it is to log out facebook in the main menu.

    BUT there also is an easier way: You can deinstall the Township app and then reinstall, so ALL facebook connecting settings are deleted wherever they are active so far.

    For this you first need to ensure you are logged in with your Game Center account! (with which you usually backup and sync games).

    Notice: If you had been logged in the Game Center so far, means you used to back up your game via the Game Center, you can deinstall the Township app immediately.
    If you didn't use the game Center so far, means, you only backed up your game via facebook, you first have to activate your Game Center in your device settings and then do any action in your Town so Game Center saves your game.


    Now you can deinstall the Township app, then go to the Appstore and reinstall the App. After reinstalling go to Township, click the red field to connect to facebook and the game will ask you for your account.

    Good luck; if you need more assistance you are welcome to ask



    Addendum: Oopsi, I have been slow, didn't see Lea before I finished
    Addendum 2: To change your forum name you need to contact the forum admin Anastasia Bukina, she is the only one who can do this.
    Last edited by Missy's; 01-28-2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: I'm a lame assistant ... ;)
    Grüße & Best Regards,

    Town: ....... Missy's
    My_Coop: . Frond M
    Coop Tag: . #FR2524
    Level: .......145, Gold
    Minimum: ..Level 95
    Language: .German

    Started:....July 2016
    Pathes are made by walking

    .

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach14fc View Post
    Thanks Lea I tried and and it seems to have worked but can't for sure see what account it is logging into. I would think getting friends will then confirm if it work... unless you can think or another way?

    I am also trying to see how to go about connecting friends from fb with ts. Do I just give my code? I think there were a forum about this... will have to check it out to figure this out.

    Thanks again
    Hi Rach,

    I'm afraid that this is the only way to connect your game to your new FB account - as you can't choose different accounts from within the game. If you use different avatars/profile pictures for both FB accounts you can see easily with which account you're logged in: Go to your city hall and tab on your profile pic. The first pic in the upper left corner should show your current FB picture - so you know which account you're connected with.

    Connecting friends: you don't need your code to connect with other FB players. You can just add them. Important note: you also have to connect your friends too under the friends tab: here you find another big blue button "Connect to FB" at the first position in your friend list. You can use your code for friends who are not in FB.
    Town: Lea's Town
    Level: 118, Zoo Level 45
    Playing on iOS
    Co-op: Sláinte mhaith, Co-op tag: #SD74RR
    FB: https://m.facebook.com/leas.town.75

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy's View Post
    Hi there

    There are several settings to disable the permission. If your old fb account still exists you need to go to the fb "settings", then choose "apps", there you see the Township button with a cross beneath you have to click to delete. If you use fb via the safari browser as well as via the fb app you have to do this on both if you are logged in with both. Additionally you may need to go to your phone settings to undescribe from some more permissions, one of it is to log out facebook in the main menu.

    BUT there also is an easier way: You can deinstall the Township app and then reinstall, so ALL facebook connecting settings are deleted wherever they are active so far.

    For this you first need to ensure you are logged in with your Game Center account! (with which you usually backup and sync games).

    Notice: If you had been logged in the Game Center so far, means you used to back up your game via the Game Center, you can deinstall the Township app immediately.
    If you didn't use the game Center so far, means, you only backed up your game via facebook, you first have to activate your Game Center in your device settings and then do any action in your Town so Game Center saves your game.


    Now you can deinstall the Township app, then go to the Appstore and reinstall the App. After reinstalling go to Township, click the red field to connect to facebook and the game will ask you for your account.

    Good luck; if you need more assistance you are welcome to ask



    Addendum: Oopsi, I have been slow, didn't see Lea before I finished
    Addendum 2: To change your forum name you need to contact the forum admin Anastasia Bukina, she is the only one who can do this.
    Wow thanks for everyone's help... with all your advice I was able to connect the right facebook account to me game and thanks Lea I was abe to check and I do have the right fb profile pic showing!

    Missy - How do I connect with the Game Center? The only settings I see it in the clog button there is an additional settings but says nothing about Game Center. If I am already connected how do I check if I am? I want to make sure I don't lose my town (cause that would really suck ha). How I started playing the game ... I just saw the game app on my Iphone and once installed started playing. I don't recall creating anything other then naming my town.

    Thanks guys!! You are awesome!

  7. #7
    How do I contact forum admin Anastasia Bukina? Sorry new to this forum....

  8. #8
    nm I figured it out ha

    Thanks!

  9. #9
    Hi Rach: to check Game Center on your iPad/iPhone, go to settings and scroll down until you see Game Center. Tap on it. If you are connected it will show your Apple I.D. and a little further down your Game Center profile name. If you are not connected it will ask you for the Apple I.D. to connect.
    Join Date: June 2014
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

    Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

    Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach14fc View Post
    nm I figured it out ha

    Thanks!
    I mean I was able to find Anastasia Bukina...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •