Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Question About Upgrading Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie37 View Post
    I am looking at upgrading some of my factories and maybe a train. My first thought was how long
    does the first upgrade last does it have a time limit. How do you know when to upgrade again .
    I am very unsure of the procedure.
    I play for coin and don’t really understand the Xp thing .
    Help please or walk me through upgrading .i have read info here but still not. Had a go at upgrading.
    How long does your first upgrade last for? Is there a time limit or is your upgrade selection forever?
    Sorry to ask such a dumb question but I am nervous to start this because it seems hard to understand.
    I have enough ingots to invest so just need a hand cheers, Raewyn

Hi, yes really not easy to understand how this all works.

Upgrades are permanent. When you e. g. upgrade your train to 15 % in time, it will from now on always be 15 % faster to come back.
    Upgrading the trains has been always of high priority for me, as they are so important for bringing you all the different tools you constantly need.

Unfortunately you cannot choose and have to upgrade other things too in order to further upgrade what you like to upgrade next.
    The XPs are points given to raise your level.

Hope this helps!
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Hi Raewyn, Xp is ‘experience points’. It’s what you accumulate through various game actions to level up and advance the game.

I upgraded my sugar, bakery and dairy to speed them up a bit first. You’ll always need plenty of those items, so it’s a good place to start regardless of your style of play. I wanted more shelves for animal feed too, so I didn’t have to store it in my barn, and because I like animal feed tasks, but some prioritise it less. I’d say after sugar, bakery and dairy it’s more tailoring it to your own preferences, but those 3 are universally important.

As you do the first few, keep an eye on which factories irritate you by slowing you down.. it varies between players depending on how you like things.

Trains are worth doing too, as Cathy says. Bringing materials faster helps you progress.

As you go on, if you prefer factory regatta tasks, upgrade those, but if you prefer ships, do those instead. Or both together, totally up to you, there’s no ‘right’ way as such. NB, lots of people use the dealer at the market to buy ores for upgrading when he’s otherwise idle.

Hiya Graylady, i see you've been around since 2014 and your township level is 180, [WOW] Do you know of a link or can you post the cost of the Factories, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Hiya Graylady, i see you've been around since 2014 and your township level is 180, [WOW] Do you know of a link or can you post the cost of the Factories, Thanks.
    Hiya Hobbs, i'm not Graylady, but either way, here's the link you want: Factories Wiki

If I go to upgrade my bakery for the first time I cannot choose tome as time and shelf have 2 and 5
    On them
    Now this is where I choose Xp or coin .
    I am slowly coming to understand how it works
    I have done first upgrade on one train .maybe I just keep upgrading this.
    Goodness challenging ——and I don’t have ships, zoo or belong to co op
    .just the basic keeps me busy and I play on and off all day lololol
    Raewyn

If I go to upgrade my bakery for the first time I cannot choose tome as time and shelf have 2 and 5
    On them
    Now this is where I choose Xp or coin .
    I am slowly coming to understand how it works
    I have done first upgrade on one train .maybe I just keep upgrading this.
    Goodness challenging ——and I don’t have ships, zoo or belong to co op
    .just the basic keeps me busy and I play on and off all day lololol
    Raewyn
    Each train/factory/island have their own 'level', which you can see if you go in a factory - it's in the left upper corner.
    You can upgrade the train/factory attributes one by one, depending on the level. The "2" and "5" you see, it's the level that upgrade becomes available at. As you advance with the upgrades, the attribute you can upgrade will vary between coins received, xp, time and shelves.

I'm a newbie and I just got the Academy of Industry built. When I go to upgrade something from Level 1 to Level 2, it only lets me choose coin or XP. Exactly what am I doing by choosing one of these? When producing things in the factory, I'm not paid coin or gain XP. So what exactly am I upgrading ...since I have to choose one or the other to get to Level 2. tia

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Humfeld Huffman View Post
    I'm a newbie and I just got the Academy of Industry built. When I go to upgrade something from Level 1 to Level 2, it only lets me choose coin or XP. Exactly what am I doing by choosing one of these? When producing things in the factory, I'm not paid coin or gain XP. So what exactly am I upgrading ...since I have to choose one or the other to get to Level 2. tia
    Let's take the example of XP.

You gain experience points when you remove an item from the tray. So let's say that you get 20 experience points for removing a Bagel from tray in the bakery. If you upgrade by 5%, you would get 21 experience points. As you keep upgrading a factory, you would get options to increase number of trays after certain number of upgrades. Hope it clarifies.

Cheers
    Town Name: NewTown
    Current Level: 103
    CoOp name: ReadyToHelp (#RE95J6)

Townshipper since July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by New_Town View Post
    Let's take the example of XP.

You gain experience points when you remove an item from the tray. So let's say that you get 20 experience points for removing a Bagel from tray in the bakery. If you upgrade by 5%, you would get 21 experience points. As you keep upgrading a factory, you would get options to increase number of trays after certain number of upgrades. Hope it clarifies.

Cheers
    Sorry but this is not exact. We increases XP and coins we earn by filling helicopter orders only. Nowhere else the upgrades are applied.

Chris, if you click on XP or coins in the window, the game explain what it is.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Sorry but this is not exact. We increases XP and coins we earn by filling helicopter orders only. Nowhere else the upgrades are applied.

Chris, if you click on XP or coins in the window, the game explain what it is.
    I stand corrected. Thank You Graylady.

I should have mentioned that the experience points of that product of the factory has increased by 5%.
    Town Name: NewTown
    Current Level: 103
    CoOp name: ReadyToHelp (#RE95J6)

Townshipper since July 2017