Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Philosophy On Asking For Help To Fill Crates

I dont like asking for help and only ask when im stuck im not in a coop but i always like to give in return

I was in a coop for a while and we did find that asking for extra stuff to immediate needs worked very well

The more you donated the more you got except you always get the inevitable free loaders always holding up the plate for awkward things like dolls while offering next to nothing to others

I was wondering if I was helping too much...if there was some sort of etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by maniago View Post
    I was wondering if I was helping too much...if there was some sort of etiquette
    There is a YES and a NO answer to this question and it really depends upon your co-op.

If you don't have a co-op that helps much, then you become a lifesaver by helping as much as you can. And while others may miss out on the benefits of a stream of clovers for the House of Luck, you get to reap the rewards.

If you have a co-op that does help out a lot too, then I would always try not to be way out in front with helps, allowing everyone the chance to get clovers/letters.

The only pet peeve that I ever have is when you have taken a crate task and you have someone that doesn't allow crate fillers to jump in (especially, and speaking from experience, that person would NOT take a crate task). If you are filling all the crates, at least take the associated task.

Otherwise, and I'm sure others will say it, it is actually a free for all.

I ask for help for my airplane and trains every time whether I can fill them all or not. I like to give my friends and co-op the chance to earn clovers. If there is a "hard" set of crates or cars to fill, I fill them and leave one of the easier sets for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    There is a YES and a NO answer to this question and it really depends upon your co-op.

If you don't have a co-op that helps much, then you become a lifesaver by helping as much as you can. And while others may miss out on the benefits of a stream of clovers for the House of Luck, you get to reap the rewards.

If you have a co-op that does help out a lot too, then I would always try not to be way out in front with helps, allowing everyone the chance to get clovers/letters.

The only pet peeve that I ever have is when you have taken a crate task and you have someone that doesn't allow crate fillers to jump in (especially, and speaking from experience, that person would NOT take a crate task). If you are filling all the crates, at least take the associated task.

Otherwise, and I'm sure others will say it, it is actually a free for all.
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear I meant in that friends who need help area. We are are very new coop of just six so we are good about communication

Quote Originally Posted by Felinefeline1 View Post
    I dont like asking for help and only ask when im stuck im not in a coop but i always like to give in return

I was in a coop for a while and we did find that asking for extra stuff to immediate needs worked very well

The more you donated the more you got except you always get the inevitable free loaders always holding up the plate for awkward things like dolls while offering next to nothing to others
    There are no free loaders when it comes to helping. That's the beauty of the design of the system. You always make a profit helping someone out.

One might argue though that there are two directional players and single directional players:
    Two-directional players help out others and ask for help themselves, sort of balanced.
    One-directional players either ever only ask for help rarely helping others, or provide so much help so often the amount of help they ask is almost zero in comparison.

And whether that's a problem, that's all up to you and your coop. But there are no free loaders when it comes to helping in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by maniago View Post
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear I meant in that friends who need help area. We are are very new coop of just six so we are good about communication
    When it comes to the "friends who need help" outside of your coop, there is no etiquette. It's all free for all.

There are tactics though. Who you befriend, and who not. Some examples:

Player A is totally addicted to clovers. Scours the help wanted list all the time, fills crates faster than Lucky Luke shoots. This player would prune their friend list to contain as many players who are frequently asking for help. This player would also definitely connect the game with a Facebook account and use it to expand their friend list to 500+.

Player B likes to help, but also needs the help of others. Because they are in an active coop, but at a higher level than (most) other members. This player would prune their list to contain many high level player A type of players.

And then there are players C up to Z who all maintain their friend list for whatever personal reasons and it's all good. Some don't put coop members on their friend list, because you get their help requests anyway. It's not an act of unfriendliness, just effective friend list management

I wish we could help players fill tasks even when we don't have enough to help! Got instance I have 2 milkshakes and they need 4. I wish I could give them the two I have and someone else can give them the other two!

Quote Originally Posted by rlwhite7 View Post
    I wish we could help players fill tasks even when we don't have enough to help! Got instance I have 2 milkshakes and they need 4. I wish I could give them the two I have and someone else can give them the other two!
    Hi,
    Sorry, but this idea was already rejected by the devs. See the full list here.

I helped strangers a lot, mostly for promoting my town, as well as getting clovers. But I also asked for help quite often, not necessarily because I genuinely need them, but because I want to give my friends opportunities to earn clovers. I also think help request is something you can do to liven up the gameplay that otherwise be quite boring. Sometimes I wish a lot more of my friends actually more active in asking for help because it sparks some interaction.

I used to be quite a greedy player that fills any empty crater in sight. But I gradually be more self-aware and hold myself back in regards to helping. I leave some request open for other players, and if I feel I've helped someone too often I would stay away from helping them for a while because I don't want to be seen as obsessed stalker.

In term of asking help, most of the time I'm only doing it for the purpose of interaction, not because I really need their help. Although there are times when the plane or train asking for troublesome request and people's help would speed it up for me. I generally only requested help for easy items, not only because it's more convenient for my friends to fill them, but also because I feel asking for difficult items would disturb "flow" of interaction, if that makes any sense.