Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Philosophy On Asking For Help To Fill Crates

I ask for help and help who I can. I would love to help the people who helped me but usually they are double, if not more, of my level and I don't have access to what they need. I always thank the players of the co-op individually. In the regatta I take the ones that I can fill while leaving the other ones to the level 50 and up. No use diving into something and then finding out that you can't fulfill in time, hurting all others.

Quote Originally Posted by Alizar77 View Post
    As I still havent found out what this plane leaderboard is all about ( was it ever explained in detail anywhere?!) I dont care at all about wings. Yes, filling crates might reward with xp too but filling orders does that too without creating huge imbalances in my barn stock. I try to balance the amount of items in my barn.

Unfortunately I see people asking constantly for help but never saw them (although they have a photo) fill any of my boxes. There ARE players who just take advantage of others who are keen to help. So I changed my attitude here and look twice whom to help but if I do I dont care of xp, coins or clovers.

@Sandy: Thats a good and balanced view on doing it!

my philosophy is simple: I ask for items even if I have them, but I have to wait for other crates anyway. For example: I have two crates asking for 50 of carrot - farming this will take some time - and one crate that asks for a cupcake. I have cupcake, but I ask for help with that. Why? That's because maybe someone has plenty of cupcakes and would like to get a clover. I'm simply opening a chance for someone to help. Once I farm all the carrots and nobody helped me - then I'll fill the crate by myself.
    Co-op: GRENN9
    Level: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Good comments here. Here's what I do:

5. For both trains and planes - If the option is there - I'll ask for help on a small or easy item, so that my friends at lower levels can help and get a clover.
    This ^

I try very hard to make it easy to fill a plane crate or train car with only one or two of any single item. The only exception is crops where I may ask for more because it’s easier to fill larger numbers of those.

Here’s a problem I’ve encountered over and over; I’ve had friends who ask for plane crates to be filled and then they let the plane count down and fly off only partially filled and without clicking on the crate I filled for them. If they don’t click on the crate you filled before the plane takes off, you don’t get a clover. Those friends get replaced quickly. I always look at how much time is left on their plane before I fill a crate, too. If there is only a couple hours left, I’ll pass it up.

I’ll also look to r place friends that only seem to ask for 9 bacon, honey, plastic, etc for their zoo every day. The request just sits there and sits there because everyone else is trying to fill the same order in their own zoo. If a request like that sits there for two days unfilled it indicates to me that they’re not really even trying just waiting for someone else to do the heavy lifting.

There are a couple of friends on my list I would give my last items for and even buy more if they need it because they’re always there for me, too.

All of life is a give and take. That should translate into the virtual realm of gaming as well.
    Last edited by TwoEggs; 04-11-2019 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TwoEggs View Post

Here’s a problem I’ve encountered over and over; I’ve had friends who ask for plane crates to be filled and then they let the plane count down and fly off only partially filled and without clicking on the crate I filled for them. If they don’t click on the crate you filled before the plane takes off, you don’t get a clover. Those friends get replaced quickly. I always look at how much time is left on their plane before I fill a crate, too. If there is only a couple hours left, I’ll pass it up.
    Unless something has been changed recently, it has always been the case that whenever the plane takes off, the clovers are sent to the person who filled any crates, even if flies off once the timer has run out.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoEggs View Post

I’ll also look to r place friends that only seem to ask for 9 bacon, honey, plastic, etc for their zoo every day. The request just sits there and sits there because everyone else is trying to fill the same order in their own zoo. If a request like that sits there for two days unfilled it indicates to me that they’re not really even trying just waiting for someone else to do the heavy lifting.

There are a couple of friends on my list I would give my last items for and even buy more if they need it because they’re always there for me, too.

All of life is a give and take. That should translate into the virtual realm of gaming as well.
    Yes, this can be a problem. However, when fulfilling helicopter orders, jumping into another town and back again, means being able to complete the next heli order immediately. So I use those with stagnant zoo requests, to help me complete my helicopter orders quickly.

Anna has previously stated that the zoo quantities have been reduced, but this doesn't seem to be the case.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Anna has previously stated that the zoo quantities have been reduced, but this doesn't seem to be the case.
    ..which is why we are waiting for the Delete button for those unreasonable zoo orders.

Anna's reply said not in the near future, which just says not in the next update, probably cos that one is so full with the other 3 (known) repairs already... although it would have been better to repair that oversight SOON.
    Or at least install the promised reductions. Like, last week.

I don't ask for help in the zoo, cos my board is stuck with all orders asking for 9 items at least on one of their two items. I wouldn't ask for that, and it's an absolute exception that I fill these at my friends'.

I am more than happy to fill my friends zoo requests. A big reason why is because my lower level friends in particular really will struggle with the large quantities asked for.

Of course I agree with you DD that really they should have a choice to delete these orders. Until then I will fill what I can.

I don't think I would be so helpful in the zoo if I was ignoring my own though as it would completely defeat the object of ignoring zoo requests, so totally understand why players don't fill friends zoo orders.
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

In my co-op asking for help on every train and plane, even if you don't need it, is a requirement as well as being extra helpful. I also encourage my team members to be super attentive to their friend list to fill help request. Clovers are a valuable asset, HOL can be very rewarding with coin, tcash, gems for boosters/deco and product too (which you can sell for coin if you don't need it) not to mention a quick regatta task because you always have clovers to play. Of course it's always a good idea to be prepared to fill all plane crates yourself just in case no one can help, I always make sure I can, same with trains and the zoo.
    All and all asking for help is nothing but positive for the helpers with xp and clover rewards and for those that really need the help.
    Town: Truli
    Level: 146
    Co-op Leader: Unsinkable #UNS6W2
    Platform: Kindle Fire

I do what many here do and try to leave easy crates for my friends to fill so that they can get clovers. I don't ask for help with crop crates unless they are smaller quantities, because often my barn is so tight that I can't help people with crop requests.

I also do what Sandy does and ask for help on different items on my plane rows, rather than asking for the same difficult item in all three rows. I appreciate when others do this, as well. Occasionally I may ask for the same item on more than one row, but I usually ask for easier items. Sometimes I request difficult items, but not often.

I have one relatively new friend who helps but doesn't ask for help. I appreciate friends who help, and also those who ask for help. It allows both of us to get clovers and to reciprocate.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 02:27 AM. Reason: correction

To: Pink

I have checked at least two or theee times to see if a clover came in from a particular player once their plane took off. It’s easy enough to see them in the clover letters accumulated at the the town hall. And no clover. I wondered about this and found on the Township wiki site that there will be no clover if the plane takes off without the player physically tapping on the helps given by other players.

Now, it’s possible that if their plane takes off with all crates filled you’ll receive a clover. I haven’t tested that. In the cases I tested, there were still empty crates when their plane took off.

[edit] I looked it up again to be sure. The text from the Wiki page: "Airplanes take 5 hours to arrive, and will automatically be sent off within 15 hours. When the 15 hours are up you won't receive any rewards, and players who helped fill crates won't receive clovers."

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Airplane

Right under "airplane landing and preparation".
    Last edited by TwoEggs; 04-12-2019 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Addendum

Hi Two Eggs, I have always received clovers for helping a plane players haven't sent. It automatically sends the clover when the plane takes off on its own and yes I have tested this. I reported this to Township wiki and they agree and have updated the info.

ETA There may occasionally be a delay from plane leaving and clover arriving, but I tested it on a partially filled plane and the clover still arrived . I have read many players who report receiving the clovers as well.
    Last edited by Downton; 04-14-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .