Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Philosophy On Asking For Help To Fill Crates

Quote Originally Posted by abbiepql View Post
    ... Um...yep - I think I might not get anything accomplished if I play this on my phone and then go blind in addition...lol.
    I can recommend a tablet. *G*
    and btw...

Quote Originally Posted by abbiepql View Post
    ... It took me a while to ask for help and when I did I felt bad because by that time the quantity of the item was substantially larger than in the beginning. ...
    ... glad to see you learned to ask for help because the quantity doesn't really change with level - I have seen mean amounts in the baby town of a friend, too. It's just that the game - in the form of friends, planes, trains, regatta tasks or Ernie - asks for the things that you have just used, wherever, or decided NOT to plant this time around, or let go with a market refresh w/o buying. All your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    As much as I tried I just don't feel comfortable asking for help I don't need either, as like you I wonder what effort my friends have gone to, to help me.

Exactly, I will do all the things you mention to help a friend, hence why I guess we are overly aware of the effort they might have made to fill out requests.
    Downton, I understand your angst, really I do. I have done all of those things also to help friends, such as buying from the market and losing money just to help a friend. Mostly though, I try to help only when I can. I will go to "extremes" more for those people who are regular helpers. Lately I am saving $$ for a CB and some houses, so I can't buy as much from the market for my friends. Still, I hope everyone uses their best judgment and only helps when they feel they are able And having those clovers for quick Regatta tasks comes in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle.One View Post
    There is one reason everyone should unequivocally ask for help with every single train that I don’t believe I’ve read previously in this thread: players do not get coins when filling their own train crates. XP only.

We players miss out on coins with every one of our own train crates we fill ourselves. It is just a bad decision to fill them all when we could use the same resources and gain coins as well when filling another’s crate.

Ask for help, and let others gain what Playrix offers but does not give out in certain instances. This maximizes game progress for all.
    I agree, Eagle.One! Like you, I try to leave some high coin crates for people. We all go through different phases as we progress through the various levels. Currently I am in a "hurting for cash" mode LOL So if I can fill someone else's crate (if there are no special events involving helicopter orders), or offer someone a chance to fill one of mine, I will.

In general, most of my crates are for items I really need. Especially lately, I am short of everything and trying not to buy from the market unless I must. But some of my crates are "ping" crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    If I was waiting for a real need for asking help, I would end up being a very poor friend as I would never ask for anything. People would get rid of me to get a friend asking for help in order to win clovers.
    Graylady, I had one friend who was great at helping me -- they helped me often. But they never asked for help in return. So the relationship was one-sided. I appreciated the help, but I couldn't reciprocate, which made me feel badly, plus I really need clovers. I always appreciate the little "ping" crates people leave and try to do the same. My friends list is limited, so I ended up removing them.

Hi Nana,

I keep 20 cheeseburgers in stock but will only fill a single crate of 5 cheeseburgers. If you have cheeseburgers on your next plane, please take advantage of the next 5 hours and make some cheeseburgers. I also keep 20 leis in stock. I do not mind people asking for help on trains; planes if there is more than a few hours left and the friend has filled most of the crates themselves; please stop asking friends to fill 9 cotton fabric or rolls of rubber and leaving he request up for 3 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Jane View Post
    Hi Nana,

I keep 20 cheeseburgers in stock but will only fill a single crate of 5 cheeseburgers. If you have cheeseburgers on your next plane, please take advantage of the next 5 hours and make some cheeseburgers. I also keep 20 leis in stock. I do not mind people asking for help on trains; planes if there is more than a few hours left and the friend has filled most of the crates themselves; please stop asking friends to fill 9 cotton fabric or rolls of rubber and leaving he request up for 3 days!
    Hi Jane,
    This post sounds like you're telling Nana not to ask for help, which I doubt is the case

I try hard to ask for help with the easiest items possible but rarely achieve that aim.
    But using your items as an example- can't make burgers as am waiting to start a baked potatoes relay task .
    Am usually suffering from lack of barnspace so find it even more frustrating when I pop home to fetch cloth from factory and market shelves and return. To find that a faster ninja has already helped, leaving me with surplus cloth in barn. That said, the only time I don't ask for the easiest half of a zoo order is the last three of a zoo task, and have sped a fourth order a couple of times when I deemed both halves unreasonable.

Neighbor Jane, not sure why you referenced me in your above post.

My only comment on this topic is: I agree with Graylady. I usually, though not always, fill all of my plane crates myself - because I try to plan ahead and have the items ready to go. I always ask for help for train crates - 1 each of the 3 trains. Now, with the Zoo baskets, I try to request help on the easiest to fill ones - and work on the horrible requests for 9 items myself.

Whenever I have a clover task in Regatta, I am very glad to have friends needing/asking for help.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

I see 'helping' as a win/win for both parties. I enjoy the HOL, and appreciate reciprocation. I help who I want and only help when I have surplus of that item, meaning enough for a task. As a solo player I cannot request within co-op so not mean, just prepared
    Tag: G3H65P Level: Township 110 Fishdom 2400

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Neighbor Jane, not sure why you referenced me in your above post.

She replied to your post from 2015; it's #5 on page 1
    (switch display top right to hybrid or threaded mode)

It's still not really related to what you wrote there, IMO.
    Neither did you ask for the cheeseburgers, nor did you complain about the friends.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-03-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Good grief DD - 4 year old comment? Seriously!?

It appears my complaint was that all my friends needed the same items, simultaneously and I thought Playrix needed to get a little variety in their mix.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Good grief DD - 4 year old comment? Seriously!?

It appears my complaint was that all my friends needed the same items, simultaneously and I thought Playrix needed to get a little variety in their mix.
    Lol...and after all that passage of time it still hasn't changed! Sad...so very sad...
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Jane View Post
    Hi Nana,

Well you're certainly welcome to your opinion Jane, but it certainly is not the opinion I have with regards asking for help. If my friends need 9 cotton fabric etc or 3 rows of different or same product on the plane, my opinion is they should ask. Sounds like some of your friends need better friends if their requests are going unanswered for 3 days!

At the end of the day there is no right or wrong when it comes to asking for help, eventually we all manage to find players whos style suits us and make a good fit on our friends list.