Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Philosophy On Asking For Help To Fill Crates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Epona09

Philosophy On Asking For Help To Fill Crates

My own philosophy/method of playing is that I ask for help anytime I can't immediately fill a crate, even if I'll be able to fill them myself easily in a short time, so that others have the opportunity to win clovers. Of course, there are plenty of times I ask for help because I can't fill a crate easily! But I would say that only about a quarter of the people on my friends list ask for help filling crates on any sort of regular basis. I know a lot of people wanted to be friends just so that they could have more boxes in the market, but I like the reciprocity of asking for help and filling each other's crates. I guess maybe I need to check the random list more often, to earn more clovers?

MimG
    Hi Epona

I'm the same - I always make sure and ask for help whether I need it or not on all 3 lines. I too feel it's important to give others the chance to earn clovers because I really appreciate it myself!

I've been to give help sometimes and a player's plane has only had one box ticked - maybe for something I couldn't help with, yet if they'd only ticked something from each row I could have helped!

I know with some players who have lots of active friends you have to be really quick to catch their requests for help! Last evening I was regularly checking my friends box and quite often someone's picture was just disappearing, or when I clicked through their request had already been filled.

Chic121
    Hi Epona and MimG

I'm with both of you on this..... I like to help... I also like to help by giving others chances at clovers.... But I notice the same, out of all my friends there are only a certain few that regularly ask for help..... I know yeah like you say it's trying to catch them too. But I do play this game a lot, through circumstances and even though my barn limit is getting in the good high range now I will still give clover help....

:-)

Michelle
    I try to ask for help quite a bit, too. I often wondered if I was annoying people asking for help so much, especially when it's for an easy request, when I'm only trying to give others the opportunity to get clovers. Thanks for posting this so I know I'm not alone.

One of my pet peeves which is occurring more and more frequently of late, is several friends asking for help - planes AND trains - all needing the same items. For instance - 5-6 cheeseburgers. Over and over I click on a friend only to see they need the same items. Now, I for one, don't keep 25-50 cheeseburgers in stock.

For several hours I will see these poor folks sitting there waiting for help. There needs to be an improved mix in the ratio of items, the way it used to be.
    Level 155
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Hi Nana,

I keep 20 cheeseburgers in stock but will only fill a single crate of 5 cheeseburgers. If you have cheeseburgers on your next plane, please take advantage of the next 5 hours and make some cheeseburgers. I also keep 20 leis in stock. I do not mind people asking for help on trains; planes if there is more than a few hours left and the friend has filled most of the crates themselves; please stop asking friends to fill 9 cotton fabric or rolls of rubber and leaving he request up for 3 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Jane View Post
    Hi Nana,

I keep 20 cheeseburgers in stock but will only fill a single crate of 5 cheeseburgers. If you have cheeseburgers on your next plane, please take advantage of the next 5 hours and make some cheeseburgers. I also keep 20 leis in stock. I do not mind people asking for help on trains; planes if there is more than a few hours left and the friend has filled most of the crates themselves; please stop asking friends to fill 9 cotton fabric or rolls of rubber and leaving he request up for 3 days!
    Hi Jane,
    This post sounds like you're telling Nana not to ask for help, which I doubt is the case

I try hard to ask for help with the easiest items possible but rarely achieve that aim.
    But using your items as an example- can't make burgers as am waiting to start a baked potatoes relay task .
    Am usually suffering from lack of barnspace so find it even more frustrating when I pop home to fetch cloth from factory and market shelves and return. To find that a faster ninja has already helped, leaving me with surplus cloth in barn. That said, the only time I don't ask for the easiest half of a zoo order is the last three of a zoo task, and have sped a fourth order a couple of times when I deemed both halves unreasonable.

Neighbor Jane, not sure why you referenced me in your above post.

My only comment on this topic is: I agree with Graylady. I usually, though not always, fill all of my plane crates myself - because I try to plan ahead and have the items ready to go. I always ask for help for train crates - 1 each of the 3 trains. Now, with the Zoo baskets, I try to request help on the easiest to fill ones - and work on the horrible requests for 9 items myself.

Whenever I have a clover task in Regatta, I am very glad to have friends needing/asking for help.
    Level 155
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Neighbor Jane, not sure why you referenced me in your above post.

She replied to your post from 2015; it's #5 on page 1
    (switch display top right to hybrid or threaded mode)

It's still not really related to what you wrote there, IMO.
    Neither did you ask for the cheeseburgers, nor did you complain about the friends.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-03-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Jane View Post
    Hi Nana,

Well you're certainly welcome to your opinion Jane, but it certainly is not the opinion I have with regards asking for help. If my friends need 9 cotton fabric etc or 3 rows of different or same product on the plane, my opinion is they should ask. Sounds like some of your friends need better friends if their requests are going unanswered for 3 days!

At the end of the day there is no right or wrong when it comes to asking for help, eventually we all manage to find players whos style suits us and make a good fit on our friends list.
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .