Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Philosophy On Asking For Help To Fill Crates

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Have to be totally honest here, I don't think too much about my friends when I ask for help.

Sounds terrible, but I ask for help when I need it. Sometimes I ask for all 3 of one column of crates. Never realised people would think badly of me for doing this. I have a busy life, full time job, 3 kids, way too many animals, I'm not perfect, sometimes I forget to prep for a plane, or it asks for blue hats while I am doing a coat task etc.

Thing is I just assume that my friends are smart enough to decide if they want to help me or not.

I don't ask for things I don't need, who knows what players are doing in order to fill requests that you didn't vreally need to ask for help on?

(I do limit my zoo requests to small amounts though, mainly because I don't really care if my zoo orders get filled or not. )

On the other hand I help as much as I can, I grow crops for people, use the market and regularly use my dealer to buy items for people who need them. I also constantly forget what my next plane needs and give it away 5 minutes before my plane arrives. It all works out though, I have an amazing co-op and some fantastic friends.
    A lot of players actually like 3 columns of the same item being flagged up, makes it easy to fill your crates using the dealer .

As much as I tried I just don't feel comfortable asking for help I don't need either, as like you I wonder what effort my friends have gone to, to help me.

Exactly, I will do all the things you mention to help a friend, hence why I guess we are overly aware of the effort they might have made to fill out requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle.One View Post
    There is one reason everyone should unequivocally ask for help with every single train that I don’t believe I’ve read previously in this thread: players do not get coins when filling their own train crates. XP only.

We players miss out on coins with every one of our own train crates we fill ourselves. It is just a bad decision to fill them all when we could use the same resources and gain coins as well when filling another’s crate.
    Great point Eagle.One. Definitely benefits worth considering, but I think it depends on what friend list set up you have. I have a pretty established friend list and asking for help I don't need just isn't the way I play. I am sure any friends that don't appreciate that would have booted me off their friends list by now .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

If I was waiting for a real need for asking help, I would end up being a very poor friend as I would never ask for anything. People would get rid of me to get a friend asking for help in order to win clovers.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I agree with Graylady. I usually, though not always, fill all of my plane crates myself - because I try to plan ahead and have the items ready to go. I always ask for help for train crates - 1 each of the 3 trains. Now, with the Zoo baskets, I try to request help on the easiest to fill ones - and work on the horrible requests for 9 items myself.

Whenever I have a clover task in Regatta, I am very glad to have friends needing/asking for help.
    Level 153
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

I guess when I have a bigger barn etc and find myself not genuinely needing help I am going to have to seriously think of changing my way of playing regarding this.
    Unfortunately I am nowhere near that conundrum yet. I am still at the point in my game where not really needing help is just a dream .
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

I am new - Hello :-) Recently put on bed rest and needed something fun and brain stimulating besides TV & reading! Now, I am addicted. I have not quite gotten all the "ways" learned and I find myself always having tons of extra stuff. Like - "OH NO, I am going to need ...fill in the blank... for the next plane" and so I rush to set it in production only to find out I either did not need it, made too much or got it much easier than I expected from the guy at the market - gotta love that instant gratification! I would much rather help somebody out than sell it at a loss, or to me a loss - as coins at this point are a secondary goal. It took me a while to ask for help and when I did I felt bad because by that time the quantity of the item was substantially larger than in the beginning. BUT I have had others come help me in spite of it so maybe there are others out there that are in the same boat as me :-) Having great fun.

Hello, abbie, and welcome to the forum!

Glad that you started helping and asking for help, it‘s quite the nicest aspect of the game, in my opinion
    I found a real good bunch of new friends that way.
    But I really have to shatter „coins as a secondary goal“; everything gets more and more expensive, as you level up (I‘m saving for the doll factory at the moment, which comes at 520,000 ).
    But don‘t let that deter you, happy towning!
    ———————-
    Town: Mieszkaniowo, JMU4F4, level 77, playing on ios
    Coop: Hardworking riders, #HRKCZ3
    playing since august 2018

Quote Originally Posted by abbiepql View Post
    I am new - Hello :-) Recently put on bed rest and needed something fun and brain stimulating besides TV & reading! Now, I am addicted. I have not quite gotten all the "ways" learned and ...
    hi abbiepql,
    welcome to the forum and the game then I hope (for you) you have found the "New to Township" subforum; it has lots of helpful hints.
    And best wishes that you can get out of bed again soon! Township can be played on mobile devices "outside", too, yanno.
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-25-2019 at 10:04 PM. Reason: deleted wrong word

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    And best wishes that you can get out of bed again soon! Township can be played on mobile devices "outside", too, yanno.
    Thank you :-) I am looking at the different forums and topics, it's been very helpful. Um...yep - I think I might not get anything accomplished if I play this on my phone and then go blind in addition...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Hello, abbie, and welcome to the forum!

(I‘m saving for the doll factory at the moment, which comes at 520,000 ).
    But don‘t let that deter you, happy towning!
    Ouch...that stings. I see what you mean, I chose my words incorrectly Thatsa lotta coin!

Quote Originally Posted by abbiepql View Post
    II would much rather help somebody out than sell it at a loss, or to me a loss - as coins at this point are a secondary goal. It took me a while to ask for help and when I did I felt bad because by that time the quantity of the item was substantially larger than in the beginning. BUT I have had others come help me in spite of it so maybe there are others out there that are in the same boat as me :-) Having great fun.
    Hi abbie, welcome to the forum. Z is right about needing lots of coins at certain points in the game, but I totally get what you are saying, I have never remembered to look at what coins Im paid when helping fill other players crates, even when short of money for a factory. It really is a great aspect to the game, and of course whatever you are paid you will also have the fun of seeing if you win an elusive great prize from the HOL with all the clovers you collect, lol .